National Trophy Hunting Day Community Event! R3

Beyondthegrave07

National Trophy Hunting Day Sign-ups  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate in national (trophy) hunting day on September 28th?

• Yes please! I want a chance at a U.S. PSN card
    • No thanks. Best of luck with the event!!!
    • Yes, but I do NOT want to be part of the drawing.
  2. 2. Would you like to volunteer to count trophies?

• Yes, I would love to help with the event!
    • No thanks!

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

Been waiting for this to pop up. I've voted in. Don't think I will be able to beat last years but we'll see.

I always post it labor day weekend. I make sure everyone has plenty of time to sign up and prepare (if desired).

Every year, I get close to getting 100 trophies, but I still haven't been able to break through. I have an idea for this year, but I'll have to buy some DLC and a couple of old PS3 games. Linger in the Shadows and Sonic Fighters are easy games (I've also thought about getting them previously) and if I still have my saved file for Disgaea D2, I might just buy the DLC and murder everyone with my ridiculously OP Flonne and get the trophies for that game too. I could probably do all that in less than a couple of hours. Maybe even in 1 hour if I watch a video of linger in the shadows ahead of time so I know what to do in that one. That'd be like 40-45 trophies right there. Lol. I also thought about getting Tekken Tag Tournament and The DBZ Budokai collection for the event, but they are so pricey on Amazon. I'll have to see if I can find a used copy at GameStop or a local game store.

I also have burnout paradise remastered sitting in the wings, so I could always go that route again like last year. LOTS of easy trophies you can earn just by starting it up. I think last year I got like 35+ trophies from the PS3 version of the game that day. 

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the event and seeing how it turns out this year.

• Like 1

That's a pretty big leap in trophy amounts between 3 cards and 4 cards, especially with the previous record being so much less. Maybe 5,000+ would be a more reasonable goal for the 4 card drawing?

Either way hopefully I can contribute a decent amount.

• Like 2

Cool, let's see if I do better than last year (unlikely... Or maybe I can try to do all 4 Deponia games in that day? Or Jurasic Park, but I don't like to rush things..). 

And I have nothing against a US psn card (after all, Syberia 2 is glitched in EU and Puzzle Quest isn't available in Portugal..) 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

40 minutes ago, W571WE said:

I think I'll pop the 50km trophy and the plat in Rocket League. And got the online trophies in Tekken 7 couple days ago, I'll try to earn some of the offline ones. And other indie games as well.

You honestly can't go wrong with Tekken for something like this. Great game and lots of easy, fun trophies. There's a ton that you can do in arcade or practice mode!

56 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Cool, let's see if I do better than last year (unlikely... Or maybe I can try to do all 4 Deponia games in that day? Or Jurasic Park, but I don't like to rush things..). 

And I have nothing against a US psn card (after all, Syberia 2 is glitched in EU and Puzzle Quest isn't available in Portugal..) 

I'm the same way too. I normally play smaller games or just games with tons of trophies for this. The important part is having fun with it and to challenge yourself.

• Like 1

Just now, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm the same way too. I normally play smaller games or just games with tons of trophies for this. The important part is having fun with it and to challenge yourself.

Ya, I was thinking the same, that's why I mentioned the Deponia games and Jurasic Park. 

But I will be saving the last Deponia game and maybe Jurasic Park for the 2020 unstarted games event. 

I also have a lot of quick trophies on Blazblue Centralfiction, Blazblue Cross Tag and SNK Heroines (and likely more games). 

But my end target (74+) is a bit of a tall order without rushing.. 

If I go the Deponia route without rushing, I will hopefully easily get 2 games done, so 18+34 trophies (I don't want to get any faster plat than my ancient one, so I will get 1 trophy in each game in advance). That's only 52 trophies, so still quite far. But if I do the first 3, I can get 100+.

That looks like my best option actually, since each game is said to be a 2-5 hours plat, so it could work (just hope that time to plat prediction isn't like Primal 1 hour for 100%, were it is only 1 hour if we use codes and chapter select, instead of playing the game..). 

• Like 1

@dj_helyx has generously offered to add to the prizes. A person will be chosen at random to win a PS3 game. He can only send it to NA addresses, and you can choose whatever game you want from a catalog of his games.

If your name is drawn and you do not want the prize, we will draw another name for it. You will not receive any other prize in exchange.

BTW, I'm 100% okay with others wanting to add to the prizes for more winners. More winners = more fun, am I right? However, I'm holding each person individually responsible for their own prizes.

I will still have someone else draw the names though.

• Like 2

hm, most short games to platinum tend to have 10-20 trophies these days.

not sure whats out there that i could use for that day. if i remember my name is mayo had around 50 trophies not sure what other ones around that length i could use that offer that many trophies to reach 100 in a day lol.

i'd definitely like to join though for a chance at a ps store card, i would have to find something i can stack for ps4 and vita that offers the most trophies though. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

hm, most short games to platinum tend to have 10-20 trophies these days.

not sure whats out there that i could use for that day. if i remember my name is mayo had around 50 trophies not sure what other ones around that length i could use that offer that many trophies to reach 100 in a day lol.

i'd definitely like to join though for a chance at a ps store card, i would have to find something i can stack for ps4 and vita that offers the most trophies though. 

Well, you only need 1 trophy to qualify for the drawing, so even if you don't have any games or much time on that day, you can still contribute to the cause! 

Though, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a bunch of people hit 100 or at least a lot of people giving an honest effort.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Well, you only need 1 trophy to qualify for the drawing, so even if you don't have any games or much time on that day, you can still contribute to the cause! 

Though, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a bunch of people hit 100 or at least a lot of people giving an honest effort.

i see, thank you for clarifying. c: i just didn't want to seem like one of those people who didn't read clearly. lol. i read it a couple of times and still unsure if i got everything tbh. blame having a game app sitting idle, eyeing the TV screen and then the computer screen when reading things. xD i read the FAQ's as well which made me really hope i understand.

anyhow, that's good to know as well that there isn't pressure to get 100 trophies or more, although of course it would be nice for the sake of the event if the contestants did. i likely wont be able to reach that much, but i will vote in the poll and see if i can make an attempt to earn a trophy that day. sometimes with the long games it can be days before you get a trophy out of it, like in the case of the game i'm playing now.