Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

@TomoTakino

Just finished the plat for Yakuza 6. What a great end to the series and Kiryu’s story (perhaps).

Im going to have to go back to Judgment now as I’m most of the way through the plat but, despite so much being the same, the Yakuza games, and Kiryu and the gang, are just far more engaging.

Not much to say about the plat. Apart from my wasting hours finding and feeding cats because I figured it was needed for the “all minigames” trophy, whereas in fact I just completely forgot to play Mahjong, lol.

I prefer the plat challenges from the previous games, but as this is the 7th I’ve played, I’m ok skipping it for something simpler this time.

So, once I finish Judgment (yawn) I’ll be giving North Star a go.

• Like 1

I just got the plat for Yakuza: Like a Dragon on PS5 as my first ever in the series.  I immediately started playing it again to get the plat on the PS4 version, because I loved the game that much!  I have most of the rest of the Yakuza games in my backlog and have for a while, I just had never started any of them.  If the other games in the series are even slightly as good as this one was, I'm definitely going to start playing the rest of them one by one!  

• Like 1

Hey guys, please bear with me.  I made your tiles but imgur is down ATM so I will edit this post with updates when I can upload the tiles.

EDIT: Imgur is back up.  Here are your tiles guys!

On 5/30/2021 at 3:33 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino

Just finished the plat for Yakuza 6. What a great end to the series and Kiryu’s story (perhaps).

Im going to have to go back to Judgment now as I’m most of the way through the plat but, despite so much being the same, the Yakuza games, and Kiryu and the gang, are just far more engaging.

Not much to say about the plat. Apart from my wasting hours finding and feeding cats because I figured it was needed for the “all minigames” trophy, whereas in fact I just completely forgot to play Mahjong, lol.

I prefer the plat challenges from the previous games, but as this is the 7th I’ve played, I’m ok skipping it for something simpler this time.

So, once I finish Judgment (yawn) I’ll be giving North Star a go.

Amazing!  You're really moving through the series, that's awesome!  You only really have a couple more to go before you're in Majima's Finest!  That sounds so irritating btw but at least you found out why you didn't get the trophy.  Reminds me of back in the day when I played Lego Indy 2 and I only needed to beat freeplay for the plat (which would have been my first) but despite beating it twice (and again in one sitting) the trophy didn't pop so I shelved it.  Loaded it up 6 years later and got it in 10 minutes lol.

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying Judgment.  I just picked it up for PS5 so I'm not sure which version I want to play yet but I hope it picks up for you.  But awesome job!  Here's your tile @thefourfoldroot!

Spoiler

DH0qzFx.png

On 6/4/2021 at 0:11 AM, FFATMA said:

I just got the plat for Yakuza: Like a Dragon on PS5 as my first ever in the series.  I immediately started playing it again to get the plat on the PS4 version, because I loved the game that much!  I have most of the rest of the Yakuza games in my backlog and have for a while, I just had never started any of them.  If the other games in the series are even slightly as good as this one was, I'm definitely going to start playing the rest of them one by one!  

Welcome and great job!  I haven't played Yakuza 7 yet but I did hear interesting things about it.  But I can highly recommend the ones I have played and I really recommend you go back to Yakuza 0 after you're done.  It may feel a bit more dated than 7 but it's an amazing game and I hope you enjoy it just the same!  Here's your tile @FFATMA!

Spoiler

TxSynMd.png

Edited by TomoTakino
Adding in tiles
  • Like 1

Hey I've never joined something like this before so not sure if I can join if I've already played some?

I've got the Platinum for Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and Judgment on PS4 + Yakuza 3 on PS3 ATM. Still need to finish LAD and then I'll do FotNS sometime and the rest of the English PS3 games (4, 5 and Dead Souls).

Thanks for doing this btw it's pretty cool, hope this has gotten more people into Yakuza

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sausy_Roll said:

Hey I've never joined something like this before so not sure if I can join if I've already played some?

I've got the Platinum for Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and Judgment on PS4 + Yakuza 3 on PS3 ATM. Still need to finish LAD and then I'll do FotNS sometime and the rest of the English PS3 games (4, 5 and Dead Souls).

Thanks for doing this btw it's pretty cool, hope this has gotten more people into Yakuza

Of course you can join!  We welcome everyone here whether they're planning on playing their first one or they've platinumed every single one.  Welcome to the thread!  Awesome job with the completions by the way.  And not a problem, I hope this has helped people enjoy the series too.  It's an awesome series and I'm glad it released on Xbox/PC now so more people can enjoy it.  Here are your tiles and good luck with the rest of the games!

Spoiler

exUyAeA.pngldAGyam.pngZg0GTDo.pnghmUp57j.pngC26XhWA.pngpE98Sw0.pngsEAHUrA.png0CZ0muN.png

5 minutes ago, NullRay85 said:

Just started Yakuza 5 a while ago. So far I've been enjoying the taxi missions and Kiryu's substories.

Awesome!  I've heard good things about 5 and I'm looking forward to playing it (I'm on 3 still).  Hopefully you continue enjoying it!

• Like 1

@TomoTakino
Thanks for that man, but don’t worry about the tiles for me, I don’t even know where I’d use them! I do appreciate your commitment to this thread though, and everyone’s help and encouragement.

I’m sad I’ve finished the Yakuza Kiryu series. But looking forward to 7.

Judgment is OK, I’m just not enamoured of the characters or combat. I like it enough to go for the plat though, and have already done the Puyo Puyo and drone challenges, which most say are the hardest parts.

I doubt I’ll get all the plats unless some remasters happen really, as I’ve retired my PS3 permanently I think. I also don’t think I’ll get the PS5 version of judgment as I planned because, well, I just don’t like it enough to replay.

Hope you enjoy it more though. Most seem to think it’s great.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

Just finished the plat for the PS4 version of Like a Dragon, so I have 2 plats for one entry in this series!  I'm working on Yakuza 0 now and it's quite the experience after having played LaD first!  I'm kind of getting the Easter Eggs in reverse! 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 3:26 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino
Thanks for that man, but don’t worry about the tiles for me, I don’t even know where I’d use them! I do appreciate your commitment to this thread though, and everyone’s help and encouragement.

I’m sad I’ve finished the Yakuza Kiryu series. But looking forward to 7.

Judgment is OK, I’m just not enamoured of the characters or combat. I like it enough to go for the plat though, and have already done the Puyo Puyo and drone challenges, which most say are the hardest parts.

I doubt I’ll get all the plats unless some remasters happen really, as I’ve retired my PS3 permanently I think. I also don’t think I’ll get the PS5 version of judgment as I planned because, well, I just don’t like it enough to replay.

Hope you enjoy it more though. Most seem to think it’s great.

Just think of them as extra achievements, even if you don't plan on using them.  Getting the plat for one or two Yakuza games is tough enough but the fact that you've nearly finished the entire series is crazy and awesome.  It's still crazy to think as we both started Yakuza 3 relatively around the same time but I'm still on it and you're finishing up the last few PS4 games.  I am sorry to hear you're not enjoying Judgment as much as the rest of the series though.  Hopefully you enjoy Fist of the North Star more.  Are you feeling burnt out after so many games in a row?

Also, I really enjoy this thread and the people who've joined it so thanks to everyone who's joined it!  I'm glad to see the Yakuza series getting a lot of love.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, bogaards1997 said:

@TomoTakino

I just got the platinum in Yakuza: Like a Dragon. And so reclaimed my title of Majima's finest untill Lost Judgment releases.

Awesome job!  Unfortunately there is a caveat that came to my attention while updating your list.  Have you finished Yakuza: Dead Souls?  I can't seem to find it on your profile and it is required for Majima's Finest.  I know I had you on it previously, which I sincerely apologize for the mistake, but it is required at this time for Majima's Finest.  Still, your completions are majorly impressive.  But in the mean time, here is the tile for your Yakuza Like a Dragon!  Keep up the great work though!

@bogaards1997

Spoiler

qLPuhNz.png

On 6/13/2021 at 2:47 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Got the plat in Yakuza 7 last night! ? I left my thoughts on the game here if anyone's interested:

With this, I've completed every Yakuza game including spin-offs, so I believe I now qualify for Majima's Finest (assuming there's not some super special rank for going above and beyond lol). Well, I'll have that title until Lost Judgment comes out in September at least. ?

JMHVAfk.png

Awesome job and welcome back to Majima's Finest!  Glad to see you fired it up.  I know this is a separate topic but have you tried out Village yet or are you still waiting for the PS5 version?  Here's your tile and great job once again!

@Undead Wolf

Spoiler

AjKkXCL.png

On 6/17/2021 at 9:20 PM, FFATMA said:

Just finished the plat for the PS4 version of Like a Dragon, so I have 2 plats for one entry in this series!  I'm working on Yakuza 0 now and it's quite the experience after having played LaD first!  I'm kind of getting the Easter Eggs in reverse! 

Awesome job with the double plat!  I'm glad you enjoyed it so much and that it turned you onto the series!  Yakuza 0 is one of the best games in the series and I had a blast with it, hopefully you do too!

• Like 2

On 13.6.2021 at 11:47 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Got the plat in Yakuza 7 last night! 1f601.png I left my thoughts on the game here if anyone's interested:

With this, I've completed every Yakuza game including spin-offs, so I believe I now qualify for Majima's Finest (assuming there's not some super special rank for going above and beyond lol). Well, I'll have that title until Lost Judgment comes out in September at least. 1f604.png

JMHVAfk.png

Awesome job!!!

I still need the Plat in Yakuza Like A Dragon and FOTNS. Sadly I never had a PS3 so I never could experience Dead Souls and Ishin.  I hope there will be a remaster of them in the near future. 

I was never bored of any RGG game but the grind in FoTNS is boring af -.- but I always take my time and will come back any time soon!

• Like 1

@TomoTakino

Getting the plat for one or two Yakuza games is tough enough but the fact that you've nearly finished the entire series is crazy and awesome.  It's still crazy to think as we both started Yakuza 3 relatively around the same time but I'm still on it and you're finishing up the last few PS4 games.  I am sorry to hear you're not enjoying Judgment as much as the rest of the series though.  Hopefully you enjoy Fist of the North Star more.  Are you feeling burnt out after so many games in a row?”

Well, I see that you got the PS5 since, so you’ve had a lot of new games to play. Like the ratchet and clank plat.  I got my PS5 before starting to go for the Yakuza plats and had already done that, and then decided to go through my backlog before buying anything new.

I’m honestly not burnt out on them. 4 was a bit of a slog but that’s just because it was my worst in the series story wise. Looking forward to finishing up Judgment soon and starting in North Star.

Also, I really enjoy this thread and the people who've joined it so thanks to everyone who's joined it!  I'm glad to see the Yakuza series getting a lot of love.”

Im enjoying too, and you’re doing a great job. Yakuza definitely deserves a wider audience!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome job and welcome back to Majima's Finest!  Glad to see you fired it up.  I know this is a separate topic but have you tried out Village yet or are you still waiting for the PS5 version?  Here's your tile and great job once again!

Thank you! ? Funnily enough, I think this is actualy the first time I've achieved the Majima's Finest rank. I could have gotten it much sooner if I skipped over Yakuza 1, 2, and Ishin since they're not required, but I felt like I wouldn't have truly completed the series without them. Oh, and I think you forgot to add my name to the Majima's Finest list btw. ?

As for Village, yeah, I'm perfectly content waiting to play that one. Not only because I want to play it on the PS5 (I don't have the console yet), but also because it's getting DLC, and I usually only start a game when it's "complete" so I don't have to come back to it later. I did start The Darkside Chronicles recently though just to get my Resident Evil fix. ?

13 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Awesome job!!!

I still need the Plat in Yakuza Like A Dragon and FOTNS. Sadly I never had a PS3 so I never could experience Dead Souls and Ishin.  I hope there will be a remaster of them in the near future. 

I was never bored of any RGG game but the grind in FoTNS is boring af -.- but I always take my time and will come back any time soon!

Thanks! Well, Ishin was actually a launch game for the PS4 in Japan, so you don't need a PS3 to play it. You might be thinking of Kenzan which was a PS3-only game that never got trophy support unfortuantly. If you were interested in importing Ishin though, KHHsubs has a really great guide for English speakers that I relied on heavily to get the plat. With that being said though, there have been some new developments recently regarding western releases of Kenzan and Ishin. Following the success of Ghost of Tsushima, one of the Yakuza producers said he wanted to remake/remaster Kenzan and Ishin for the western audience, and I think it's pretty likely to happen at this point given how popular the series is over here now. No mention of Dead Souls though, so it's possible that'll remain stranded on the PS3 which is unfortuante, because despite a few flaws, it was actually a really fun game.

Yeah, the grind in Lost Paradise is quite tedious, but I guess just count yourself lucky that they changed the requirements for the western release. You actually need 100% of the in-game achievements in the Japanese version, but it was lowered to only 50% for the west. The plat is much more of a cakewalk in comparison to that. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

So this has come up a lot and I wanted to ask you guys to see what your opinions are.  Dead Souls is PS3 exclusive and there seem to be no signs of remastering it.  With every other game in the series on PS4/PS5 and PS3 becoming harder to find, should we remove Dead Souls from Majima's Finest?  I was personally thinking of creating a new category along the lines of "Dragons of Dojima" and including the Japanese titles as a special title for those who go above and beyond and if you guys would like, we could move Dead Souls into this category and open up Majima's Finest to those who never had a PS3.  But I'd like to hear your guys thoughts on this first before I make the change.  Please let me know your thoughts and if you guys like this idea or if you prefer to keep Majima's Finest exclusive to holding platinums for every translated game.

12 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Awesome job!!!

Awesome job yourself and welcome!  Ishin got a PS4 version (as Undead Wolf kindly pointed out) but I would love a Kenzan/Ishin dual remaster that makes it overseas.  Best of luck with FoTNS though!  Are you planning on hopping into Yakuza Like a Dragon next?  Here are your tiles btw!

@ShadyWARcotix

Spoiler

xOPUnzI.pngHISkO4c.pngZjjPCaI.pngnAfTOOq.pnge3gdNNN.pngWlwh0rC.pngCh69vS7.pngBtVmz4P.png

11 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino

Getting the plat for one or two Yakuza games is tough enough but the fact that you've nearly finished the entire series is crazy and awesome.  It's still crazy to think as we both started Yakuza 3 relatively around the same time but I'm still on it and you're finishing up the last few PS4 games.  I am sorry to hear you're not enjoying Judgment as much as the rest of the series though.  Hopefully you enjoy Fist of the North Star more.  Are you feeling burnt out after so many games in a row?”

Well, I see that you got the PS5 since, so you’ve had a lot of new games to play. Like the ratchet and clank plat.  I got my PS5 before starting to go for the Yakuza plats and had already done that, and then decided to go through my backlog before buying anything new.

I’m honestly not burnt out on them. 4 was a bit of a slog but that’s just because it was my worst in the series story wise. Looking forward to finishing up Judgment soon and starting in North Star.

Also, I really enjoy this thread and the people who've joined it so thanks to everyone who's joined it!  I'm glad to see the Yakuza series getting a lot of love.”

Im enjoying too, and you’re doing a great job. Yakuza definitely deserves a wider audience!

Very true, I have been exploring PS5 a bit more lately.  You have been very dedicated to the series though and that's awesome.  I think a big thing too though is that my wife loves the stories of Yakuza but she isn't interested in playing them herself (aside from the crane games and the card games, which I let her play usually).  So when I play without her, she tends to be disappointed and prefers if I wait for her.  And with us working opposite shifts now it's hard to coordinate times.  But lately I've been thinking of keeping our save and going on without her and just having a separate save when we can play together.

I am glad to hear you aren't burnt out on them.  Also thank you very much for all your kind words!  And Yakuza definitely does deserve a wider audience.  That's why I'm glad Sega has been putting them on PC and Xbox lately and being on game pass is awesome so more people can play them.

2 hours ago, bogaards1997 said:

@TomoTakino

Never had a ps3

I'm very sorry.  At the moment, Dead Souls is required but see the above proposal.  Would you prefer we remove it from Majima's finest and start a separate category with it included?

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Thank you! 1f601.png Funnily enough, I think this is actualy the first time I've achieved the Majima's Finest rank. I could have gotten it much sooner if I skipped over Yakuza 1, 2, and Ishin since they're not required, but I felt like I wouldn't have truly completed the series without them. Oh, and I think you forgot to add my name to the Majima's Finest list btw. 1f61b.png

As for Village, yeah, I'm perfectly content waiting to play that one. Not only because I want to play it on the PS5 (I don't have the console yet), but also because it's getting DLC, and I usually only start a game when it's "complete" so I don't have to come back to it later. I did start The Darkside Chronicles recently though just to get my Resident Evil fix. 1f604.png

Following the success of Ghost of Tushima, one of the Yakuza producers said he wanted to remake/remaster Kenzan and Ishin for the western audience, and I think it's pretty likely to happen at this point given how popular the series is over here now. No mention of Dead Souls though, so it's possible that'll remain stranded on the PS3 which is unfortuante, because despite a few flaws, it was actually a really fun game.

Yeah, the grind in Lost Paradise is quite tedious, but I guess just count yourself lucky that they changed the requirements for the western release. You actually need 100% of the in-game achievements in the Japanese version, but it was lowered to only 50% for the west. The plat is much more of a cakewalk in comparison to that. 1f605.png

True, but you were enjoying the series and going above and beyond which is really what I hope people do!  And you are quite right, I realized it when I went to bed last night but I was already falling asleep so I figured I would fix it in the morning.  This should be fixed now though.  But best of luck with Darkside Chronicles!  I enjoyed Village myself (you can tell from the engine that they are definitely working on RE4 remake) but it's worth waiting for the DLC as well.  Also, that's interesting about Lost Judgment.  Definitely not complaining though ha ha.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

So this has come up a lot and I wanted to ask you guys to see what your opinions are.  Dead Souls is PS3 exclusive and there seem to be no signs of remastering it.  With every other game in the series on PS4/PS5 and PS3 becoming harder to find, should we remove Dead Souls from Majima's Finest?  I was personally thinking of creating a new category along the lines of "Dragons of Dojima" and including the Japanese titles as a special title for those who go above and beyond and if you guys would like, we could move Dead Souls into this category and open up Majima's Finest to those who never had a PS3.  But I'd like to hear your guys thoughts on this first before I make the change.  Please let me know your thoughts and if you guys like this idea or if you prefer to keep Majima's Finest exclusive to holding platinums for every translated game.

I think it would be good to change up the requirements for Majima's Finest a bit to make it more accessible and add that Dragons of Dojima rank for those of us who went the extra mile. I know my buddy @Redgrave was a bit disappointed that he couldn't achieve the Majima's Finest rank since he doesn't have access to a PS3 despite getting the plat in every translated Yakuza game on the PS4 including the spin-offs. I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel like that too.

So I'm all for the idea, it just comes down to what the exact requirements for Majima's Finest will be. Like if you're removing Yakuza: Dead Souls as a requirement, does it still make sense to have Fist of the North Star on there? Like yeah, it's available on PS4, but it's connection to the Yakuza series isn't as obvious when compared to the other spin-offs. I'm of the opinion that Fist of the North Star should only be a requirement for the Dragons of Dojima rank instead as I feel like that fits the definition of going "above an beyond". Also, when Kenzan and Ishin get remastered/remade (which I do believe they will at this point), presumably they'll get added as requirements for the Majima's Finest rank, so the only difference between that rank and Dragons of Dojima would be Yakuza 1, Yakuza 2, and Yakuza: Dead Souls. Making Fist of the North Star a requirement only for the Dragons of Dojima rank would help differentiate them a bit more.

So just to make it clear, this is what my suggestion is.

Majima's Finest:

• Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3
  • Yakuza 4
  • Yakuza 5
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  • Judgment

Dragons of Dojima:

• Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza 1
  • Yakuza 2
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3
  • Yakuza 4
  • Yakuza 5
  • Yakuza: Dead Souls
  • Rya ga Gotoku: Ishin! (Yakuza Ishin)
  • Judgment
  • Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
  • Like 3

I don't mind as one who has finished Dead Souls.

The Extra mile list makes sense so why not go with @Undead Wolf idea? I mean i will feel a bit salty with ishin not localice in english and not able to join the Club, but i think i can manage until they will announce an Ishin  Remaster (the hope dies last :P )

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I think it would be good to change up the requirements for Majima's Finest a bit to make it more accessible and add that Dragons of Dojima rank for those of us who went the extra mile. I know my buddy @Redgrave was a bit disappointed that he couldn't achieve the Majima's Finest rank since he doesn't have access to a PS3 despite getting the plat in every translated Yakuza game on the PS4 including the spin-offs. I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel like that too.

So I'm all for the idea, it just comes down to what the exact requirements for Majima's Finest will be. Like if you're removing Yakuza: Dead Souls as a requirement, does it still make sense to have Fist of the North Star on there? Like yeah, it's available on PS4, but it's connection to the Yakuza series isn't as obvious when compared to the other spin-offs. I'm of the opinion that Fist of the North Star should only be a requirement for the Dragons of Dojima rank instead as I feel like that fits the definition of going "above an beyond". Also, when Kenzan and Ishin get remastered/remade (which I do believe they will at this point), presumably they'll get added as requirements for the Majima's Finest rank, so the only difference between that rank and Dragons of Dojima would be Yakuza 1, Yakuza 2, and Yakuza: Dead Souls. Making Fist of the North Star a requirement only for the Dragons of Dojima rank would help differentiate them a bit more.

So just to make it clear, this is what my suggestion is.

Majima's Finest:

• Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3
  • Yakuza 4
  • Yakuza 5
  • Judgment

Dragons of Dojima:

• Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza 1
  • Yakuza 2
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3
  • Yakuza 4
  • Yakuza 5
  • Yakuza: Dead Souls
  • Rya ga Gotoku: Ishin! (Yakuza Ishin)
  • Judgment
  • Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

2 minutes ago, Inuty said:

I don't mind as one who has finished Dead Souls.

The Extra mile list makes sense so why not go with @Undead Wolf idea? I mean i will feel a bit salty with ishin not localice in english and not able to join the Club, but i think i can manage until they will announce an Ishin  Remaster (the hope dies last :P )

Thank you very much for your feedback, both of you!  I haven't quite played FotNS but Undead Wolf, your explanation makes sense and I could see how it would have less ties to the Ryu Ga Gotoku universe (besides sharing devs and gameplay traits).  I really do like your idea too, thanks for the detailed response!  That would help make Majima's Finest more open and would reward and encourage players (such as yourself) who have gone above and beyond in exploring the series.

Members of the Let's Play: I have created a straw poll with my/Undead Wolf's suggestions.  Please vote on it and leave any feedback you have concerning this change.  After one week or if there's a clear consensus before then, I will either adopt or reject this idea and make the necessary changes.  The link is located here: https://strawpoll.com/1o8c5uh16.  Thanks!

• Like 1

@TomoTakino

I personally feel that you should keep the ranking for those who have all games available in the west (which will sadly mean I can’t get it unless I dig out my PS3 and get Dead Souls). I don’t see the point in splitting by console when it’s meant to be a thread about a series.

My wife isn’t interested in watching me play Yakuza. She’s usually on her switch or a mobile game while I’m playing, so I can pretty much play at my own pace (well, within the confines of being married and not an arsehole anyway).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

I'm very sorry.  At the moment, Dead Souls is required but see the above proposal.  Would you prefer we remove it from Majima's finest and start a separate category with it included?

I would preffer that majima's finest be only connected to the main games set in Kamurocho, while every other game adds to a separate title.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Thanks! Well, Ishin was actually a launch game for the PS4 in Japan, so you don't need a PS3 to play it. You might be thinking of Kenzan which was a PS3-only game that never got trophy support unfortuantly. If you were interested in importing Ishin though, KHHsubs has a really great guide for English speakers that I relied on heavily to get the plat. With that being said though, there have been some new developments recently regarding western releases of Kenzan and Ishin. Following the success of Ghost of Tsushima, one of the Yakuza producers said he wanted to remake/remaster Kenzan and Ishin for the western audience, and I think it's pretty likely to happen at this point given how popular the series is over here now. No mention of Dead Souls though, so it's possible that'll remain stranded on the PS3 which is unfortuante, because despite a few flaws, it was actually a really fun game.

Yeah, the grind in Lost Paradise is quite tedious, but I guess just count yourself lucky that they changed the requirements for the western release. You actually need 100% of the in-game achievements in the Japanese version, but it was lowered to only 50% for the west. The plat is much more of a cakewalk in comparison to that. 1f605.png

Thanks for the long and accurate response. Yeah I got those games mixed up, my mistake. Yes this is what I'm hoping for idk if this is true but hey I still have a lot of games in my backlog + Lost Judgment is coming!!

oh sh... yeah I know that too and Idk if I would do it because I didn't enjoy FoTNS as much I enjoyed the Yakuza series. The fighting was nice, the story and substories too of course but the rest. It feels like they really wanted to fill the blank world with tedious tasks if you know what I mean. Did you platinumed the japanese version too? 

17 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome job yourself and welcome!  Ishin got a PS4 version (as Undead Wolf kindly pointed out) but I would love a Kenzan/Ishin dual remaster that makes it overseas.  Best of luck with FoTNS though!  Are you planning on hopping into Yakuza Like a Dragon next?  Here are your tiles btw!

@ShadyWARcotix

Reveal hidden contents

xOPUnzI.pngHISkO4c.pngZjjPCaI.pngnAfTOOq.pnge3gdNNN.pngWlwh0rC.pngCh69vS7.pngBtVmz4P.png

Thank you! Me too! I started it few month ago but I was very busy with other stuff and games so I dropped it in my backlog and yes I will come back to Yakuza Like a Dragon when I have finished FoTNS

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Thanks for the long and accurate response. Yeah I got those games mixed up, my mistake. Yes this is what I'm hoping for idk if this is true but hey I still have a lot of games in my backlog + Lost Judgment is coming!!

oh sh... yeah I know that too and Idk if I would do it because I didn't enjoy FoTNS as much I enjoyed the Yakuza series. The fighting was nice, the story and substories too of course but the rest. It feels like they really wanted to fill the blank world with tedious tasks if you know what I mean. Did you platinumed the japanese version too? 

You're welcome. ? I can definitely relate to what you're saying about Fist of the North Star. It definitely outstayed its welcome a bit when going for the plat, but I still thought it was a really good game despite all that, even as someone who's not familiar with the manga/anime (it got me interested in checking those out which was a nice bonus). I didn't plat the Japanese version myself, I'm just going off the horror stories I've heard about it. ?

• Like 2

Hey everyone!  So there seems to be a loud consensus with the straw poll.  As of this current writing, the vote is 8-1 in favor of making a new category and easing the Majima's Finest requirements!  I really want to thank everyone who has voted and voiced their opinion on this matter and urge anyone who has not yet voted or has something to say to please do so now.  Otherwise, I will likely implement the changes on Sunday so long as things remain the same.

On 6/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino

I personally feel that you should keep the ranking for those who have all games available in the west (which will sadly mean I can’t get it unless I dig out my PS3 and get Dead Souls). I don’t see the point in splitting by console when it’s meant to be a thread about a series.

My wife isn’t interested in watching me play Yakuza. She’s usually on her switch or a mobile game while I’m playing, so I can pretty much play at my own pace (well, within the confines of being married and not an arsehole anyway).

Thanks for your opinion!  You do have a point regarding console vs series and I can definitely see where you're coming from.  This is a thread about exploring the series and you're absolutely right about that though I do hope to encourage people to explore outside the games available to the west despite the language barrier.  But the new title "Dragons of Dojima" would be more of a "all encompassing series" title while the new Majima's Finest will be more about finishing the main series.  I hope this doesn't discourage you.

On 6/20/2021 at 2:17 AM, bogaards1997 said:

I would preffer that majima's finest be only connected to the main games set in Kamurocho, while every other game adds to a separate title.

I do like this idea a lot.  Perhaps Majima's Finest could be for platinuming the main series while Dragons of Dojima could encompass the side games?  I don't want to overload the community with so many proposals but this could be a good implementation to discuss in the future.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:29 AM, FearElemental said:

It's a real shame how underappreciated this series is. After playing 0-6 (kiwami's) and Judgment, I pretty much recommend them to everyone. I do plan to add Like a Dragon to my platinum collection soon.

Welcome!  It is, but that's why I'm glad it's branching out to Xbox and PC so that more and more people can enjoy this game series.  Also, here are your tiles!

@FearElemental

Spoiler

qEUGjdA.pngQVlr3yQ.pngmURqQs2.pngVkTTMQu.pngx1AAa15.pngmobKHCv.pngZG25Bwk.pngBVK1Trf.png

• Like 1