Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!  Sorry about the wait.  I got a promotion at work and it's awesome but exhausting and I've been zoning out when I get off.  Sorry to everyone who posted this thread is definitely not dying I've just been really tired lately.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:14 PM, ShadyWARcotix said:

Ah fuck it. I just tell it but no worries, no story spoilers.

Wrestling in Yakuza 0 was luck based but this is skill based. The reason why you will hate the colloseum in Yakuza 5 is you have to beat it with everyone I think?! And there is one particular mission in the colloseum where you have to beat 13 waves of enemies with Akiyama and the event is called "Limited Berzerk". Because Akiyamas attacks are so weak you will be frustrated really fast. Imagine dying on wave 12 or 13 over and over again and imagine you have no chance to heal yourself.... man this was hell and I believe this was the hardest task in the whole game. But like I said I enjoyed the hell outta Yakuza 5 and I admit it.. in the end I miss those "first time experience" with the Yakuza series. I'm so glad that I had the chance to play almost all Yakuza games on the ps4. I always saw those videos where Kiryu beats some people on the streets and never thought that Yakuza will have a special place in my heart. Yakuza 0 is my favorite game in the series but every Yakuza game has some charm in it and it's one of my favorite series now.

Makes sense, thanks for the heads up!  I can definitely understand why that's frustrating.  And I completely understand what you mean about Yakuza.  It's such a multi layered series.  There's a ton of stuff to do and explore and despite the wackiness the series gets into, it still manages to touch you emotionally.  My wife and I always joke about how in 0 you can (minor spoilers)

Spoiler

hire a chicken to be a bouncer at your real estate business but still make you cry.

On 7/26/2021 at 5:18 PM, Redgrave said:

Yes, you do have to beat it as all the characters. I think Akiyama and Shinada are the most difficult ones to do it with although Shinada can at least heal himself with the L3 and R3 healing ability whereas they didn't give Akiyama that ability for some reason. But for Akiyama's Limited Berserk and pretty much all of the tournaments you can spam his backflip attack that can stun lock enemies on the ground most of the time and it builds up Heat pretty quickly. I think I remember not liking doing Shinada the most since he doesn't have much of a moveset compared to everyone else and so I mostly just mashed his SST combo over and over throughout the whole colosseum. If Shinada didn't have that healing ability I think he would have been the worst one to do the colosseum with for sure.

I also remember there being a few opponents that were a pain in the ass because they would do funky AI things like a command grab while you're in the middle of a combo or they get hyper armor where they just don't flinch whenever you hit them but they are perfectly capable of knocking you on your ass or stunning you when they start to get aggressive. I forget their names but at least two of them were wrestler guys and one of them was a guy that wears a white suit and hat. I know there were a couple others like that but those are the more notorious ones I remember.

Saejima and Kiryu make the colosseum a joke because of how tanky Saejima is along with having his own Tiger Drop ability and Kiryu has his Dragon Spirit ability that makes him invincible as long as you have heat and it's really easy to get Heat with Kiryu when you have all the upgrades. So yeah, definitely go for the colosseum when you have all the upgrades.

Thanks for the advice!  I appreciate it!  I still have to go back and wrap up 3's side content (I petered out on trying to win 50k in Mahjong) but when I get to 4's colosseum I will definitely take this advice to heart.  Thanks!

On 7/31/2021 at 4:07 AM, NullRay85 said:

Finally finished Yakuza 5 today and by far, it's the most ambitious game in the series story and gameplay-wise. Loved the twists in the story, the awesome characters, varied gameplay, and the amount of content in store. It took me over 80 hours to beat with a 50% completion rate and 58% trophy progress. I'm mainly playing the games for fun but good luck to everyone planning on platting the game.

All in all, an amazing experience and my favorite in the series after 0 and Kiwami. If I had to rate it, it's def a 9/10.

Right now, I'm waiting for Lost Judgement then after that going back to finally starting 6 then 7.

Awesome!  I'd have to say that's the one I'm most looking forward to trying (I'm still on the beginning of 4).  But I'm hoping Lost Judgment will be awesome!  I'll likely get it sometime soon (still gotta beat Judgment) but best of luck with RE8!  I had a lot of fun with that game too.

On 7/31/2021 at 4:37 AM, teejota22 said:

Not sure if this is still open, but I’d like to be included. I’ve platinumed Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Fist of the North Star, and Judgment. Starting Like a Dragon soon. 

Absolutely!  Sorry it took me so long to respond to you!  Thanks for joining and here are your tiles!

@teejota22

Spoiler

T9yJCuV.pngw9iBMoa.pngINW6JSe.pngDU5hvnX.pngSRapSAp.pngIB26wSz.pngDZtLbXd.pngzFjcDiI.pngjAAuIS7.png

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Hey guys!  Sorry about the wait.  I got a promotion at work and it's awesome but exhausting and I've been zoning out when I get off.  Sorry to everyone who posted this thread is definitely not dying I've just been really tired lately.

Thanks for the advice!  I appreciate it!  I still have to go back and wrap up 3's side content (I petered out on trying to win 50k in Mahjong) but when I get to 4's colosseum I will definitely take this advice to heart.  Thanks!

It's fine, no worries ☺️ Congrats on the promotion btw ?

Yeah, the 50k in Mahjong was also a pain since you have to do it in a single setting but I got it by going for the Thirteen Orphans hand which just lets you win the game with over 50k. I felt like trying to do it normally required luck since it would really depend on how often you win the matches and more often than not for me I would get robbed of a victory at the worst times.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I hope you all are well.  I apologize for the lack of updates.  Things are finally getting back to normal again and I hope I didn't scare anyone off with my last update.  I hope everyone is enjoying Lost Judgment!  I've been sidetracked playing Diablo 2 with the wife ?.  I still need to finish up Yakuza 3.

Speaking of, now that it is now officially out, Lost Judgment is now required for Majima's Finest and Dragons of Dojima.  The lists have been updated accordingly.  Also, I've created a new Mahjong tile for completing it.  I've posted the sample picture below.  Like the rest of the tiles, it doesn't matter which system you beat it on so long as you obtain the platinum.  Best of luck to everyone in getting it!  (I'll likely be way behind as I still have to beat the original Judgment).  As always, newcomers are always welcome to join!

mPnvE8P.png

• Like 3

@TomoTakino

Good to hear you’re back! Hope everything is going well. Diablo can be a time sink, I played through 3 with the wife. Is it right that 2 doesn’t have local co-op though? 

Not sure when I’ll get around to Last Judgment. To be honest I didn’t really like the first too much and this seems more of the same. Other games I’d rather play first but I’ll get to it. Even a sub par Yakuza spin off is better than most games!

I’m really still stuck trying to build up the motivation to finish the last dungeon in Like a Dragon currently. Did a big grind and then got to the third or fourth floor but the lack of save points meant I had to quit out annoyingly. Had other stuff to do. Think I’ll need to set aside a good few hours for it when nobody else needs the console or TV.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino

Good to hear you’re back! Hope everything is going well. Diablo can be a time sink, I played through 3 with the wife. Is it right that 2 doesn’t have local co-op though? 

Not sure when I’ll get around to Last Judgment. To be honest I didn’t really like the first too much and this seems more of the same. Other games I’d rather play first but I’ll get to it. Even a sub par Yakuza spin off is better than most games!

I’m really still stuck trying to build up the motivation to finish the last dungeon in Like a Dragon currently. Did a big grind and then got to the third or fourth floor but the lack of save points meant I had to quit out annoyingly. Had other stuff to do. Think I’ll need to set aside a good few hours for it when nobody else needs the console or TV.

Thanks!  Things are going great I hope the same for you!  The wife and I played Diablo 3 for hundreds of hours (truth be told, she loves to tell people it's how we fell in love) and I loved 2 back in the day so I had to get it for us.  But yes, it's true that local co-op isn't a thing anymore, only online play (which has some problems of its own).  Still, so far it's a great remaster, it just has a lot of server problems at the moment that can affect playability and saving.  They do have offline mode though, just no splitscreen.

I see you're only 1 trophy away from the plat in LaD.  That's awesome!  But wow, that sounds like it's tough.  Hopefully you can knock it out though.  But no worries about Lost Judgment.  It's all about enjoying yourself and if you didn't enjoy the first game, don't force yourself through the second one, especially at launch.  Best of luck with the final trophy though, you're close to being a Tojo Clan Captain!

21 hours ago, Pudimflam said:

Hello!

I would also like to join. I’ve platinumed Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3 and 4. Looking to start 5 real soon

Welcome, thanks for joining!  Awesome job with the completions!  Here's your tiles:

Spoiler

jzaWBit.pngK1T3yHf.pngy91WE9j.pngQLKseHW.png6AFiKIg.png

• Like 1

I'm finished with Lost Judgement. But i will wait with popping the plat to have it as a milestone on my Profile so i will update here when i Do so :)

So far it was for me one of the strongest stories of Studio so you are all in for good ride when starting the game!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@TomoTakino

Finally worked up the motivation to get the LaD plat! That final dungeon drained my motivation and I took some time away.  My first time through I almost got to the end but had to turn it off (no saving is a horrendous game mechanic when the majority of players have families and jobs); second time I managed it through without much difficulty, but I was going through dreading the final fight where I understood you could be one hit killed. With Peerless Resolve and Mr Masochist I made it through, but the whole thing soured my memories of the game somewhat. 
Please, devs, never take away the ability to save! Especially for something that could run several hours!

Anyway, I still have FotNS to do, but I think I’ll take a break for a bit and play some other types of games. I’ve worked through them quite fast and have a bit of burnout.

edit: OK, couldn’t resist, just got Lost Judgment ?

• Like 2

Just a quick update!  It seems that Lost Judgment is the first title in the series with DLC trophies!  So, rather than require everyone to 100% the DLC to get the tile, I've taken a cue from my other Let's Play thread and created a golden mahjong tile for everyone who gets all of the DLC trophies.  However, it will not be available until after the last DLC pack drops in Spring 2022 (as it's likely they will add more DLC trophies for that pack).  Also, tentatively, you do not need the DLC trophies for Majima's Finest but that may change in the future.  You can see a sample of the tile in the original LP post.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:03 AM, Inuty said:

I'm finished with Lost Judgement. But i will wait with popping the plat to have it as a milestone on my Profile so i will update here when i Do so :)

So far it was for me one of the strongest stories of Studio so you are all in for good ride when starting the game!

Nice!  Looking forward to seeing the platinum!  I'm excited to try it out now but I still have to beat Judgment first.  Glad to hear you enjoyed it though!

On 11/6/2021 at 0:26 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino

Finally worked up the motivation to get the LaD plat! That final dungeon drained my motivation and I took some time away.  My first time through I almost got to the end but had to turn it off (no saving is a horrendous game mechanic when the majority of players have families and jobs); second time I managed it through without much difficulty, but I was going through dreading the final fight where I understood you could be one hit killed. With Peerless Resolve and Mr Masochist I made it through, but the whole thing soured my memories of the game somewhat. 
Please, devs, never take away the ability to save! Especially for something that could run several hours!

Anyway, I still have FotNS to do, but I think I’ll take a break for a bit and play some other types of games. I’ve worked through them quite fast and have a bit of burnout.

edit: OK, couldn’t resist, just got Lost Judgment 1f644.png

Awesome job!  You really grinded through those platinums too, what was it, 6 platinums in one year?  Welcome to Tojo Clan Captains!  And yikes, that sounds hard.  Sorry to hear that it ruined your experience a bit.  Btw, I hope you're enjoying Lost Judgment more than the original.  Best of luck with that one.  Here is your tile!

@thefourfoldroot

Spoiler

XJQkcji.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Just a quick update!  It seems that Lost Judgment is the first title in the series with DLC trophies!  So, rather than require everyone to 100% the DLC to get the tile, I've taken a cue from my other Let's Play thread and created a golden mahjong tile for everyone who gets all of the DLC trophies.  However, it will not be available until after the last DLC pack drops in Spring 2022 (as it's likely they will add more DLC trophies for that pack).  Also, tentatively, you do not need the DLC trophies for Majima's Finest but that may change in the future.  You can see a sample of the tile in the original LP post.

Nice!  Looking forward to seeing the platinum!  I'm excited to try it out now but I still have to beat Judgment first.  Glad to hear you enjoyed it though!

Awesome job!  You really grinded through those platinums too, what was it, 6 platinums in one year?  Welcome to Tojo Clan Captains!  And yikes, that sounds hard.  Sorry to hear that it ruined your experience a bit.  Btw, I hope you're enjoying Lost Judgment more than the original.  Best of luck with that one.  Here is your tile!

@thefourfoldroot

Reveal hidden contents

XJQkcji.png

Actually it was 9 plats (0-7 and judgment) in 2021, although I started 0 years earlier and gave up on the plat due to Mahjong before going back and finding i love the game! Hopefully I’ll finish lost judgment before year end too, enjoying it so far. The combat seems better and the plat list is back to the standard Yakuza type after the LaD list, which I’m very happy about. The mix of not having to 100% everything and not having a convenient save in the last dungeon meant I didn’t enjoy the LaD plat as much and know I’ll like this one better.

Regarding the DLC, I’d vote for not requiring it for anything other than that gold tile you mentioned. I don’t keep games once I’ve finished with them and so would have to repurchase the game in order to play the DLC when they finally get around to releasing it. They have obviously moved to this model in order to kill the secondhand market by forcing people to hang on to games for longer, and not having DLC on later disc releases I bet, and I don’t think that business strategy should be rewarded. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Actually it was 9 plats (0-7 and judgment) in 2021, although I started 0 years earlier and gave up on the plat due to Mahjong before going back and finding i love the game! Hopefully I’ll finish lost judgment before year end too, enjoying it so far. The combat seems better and the plat list is back to the standard Yakuza type after the LaD list, which I’m very happy about. The mix of not having to 100% everything and not having a convenient save in the last dungeon meant I didn’t enjoy the LaD plat as much and know I’ll like this one better.

Regarding the DLC, I’d vote for not requiring it for anything other than that gold tile you mentioned. I don’t keep games once I’ve finished with them and so would have to repurchase the game in order to play the DLC when they finally get around to releasing it. They have obviously moved to this model in order to kill the secondhand market by forcing people to hang on to games for longer, and not having DLC on later disc releases I bet, and I don’t think that business strategy should be rewarded. 

Wow, that's even more impressive!  Sorry, I just remember when you and I were starting Yakuza 3 together, I must have forgotten that you finished the others.  That's very impressive though!  And I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying Lost Judgment.  As far as DLC goes, I haven't decided anything (though I'm 95% sure it will be a requirement for Dragons of Dojima, simply because that category is essentially 100% for the series).  Also I agree with your sentiments but I also know that it's pretty much industry standard now.  I'm not sure if that's going to be the norm going forward as well since the creator has left Sega (it might be the new director encouraging it or Sega cracking down and wanting more money).  Hopefully not.

Hey guys, just a quick unrelated announcement!  If you guys are interested in the Atelier series, I've opened up another LP for that series.  Check out the link below if you're interested!  I did take some of your advice for this LP and made it so you can earn different awards for different platforms (and regions if for some reason you've got the japanese plats).

Hope everyone is still enjoying Yakuza!

• Like 2

Hey everyone, really glad this thread is still alive since I always take massive breaks inbetween each yakuza platinum. But I've now finished Yakuza 3 Remastered! My god it was a NIGHTMARE & EAISLY one of my worst experiences with a platinum to date, but I've done it & I don't think I ever want to touch Yakuza 3 ever again after that lol. Anyway, I think I'll be taking another big break until I do Yakuza 4 even though from what I've seen & heard, it's a pretty easy one & doesn't require 100% in any of the completion lists (thankfully).

That is now Yakuza 0 through 3 finished now. My goal of grabbing all Yakuza platinums is slowly inching closer & closer! I'll end up seeing you all in a few months when I finally decide to do Yakuza 4 lol.

Also, on a side note, I see there are 2 different Lost Judgement tiles, is one for platinum & one for 100% or is it for something else?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Hey everyone, really glad this thread is still alive since I always take massive breaks inbetween each yakuza platinum. But I've now finished Yakuza 3 Remastered! My god it was a NIGHTMARE & EAISLY one of my worst experiences with a platinum to date, but I've done it & I don't think I ever want to touch Yakuza 3 ever again after that lol. Anyway, I think I'll be taking another big break until I do Yakuza 4 even though from what I've seen & heard, it's a pretty easy one & doesn't require 100% in any of the completion lists (thankfully).

That is now Yakuza 0 through 3 finished now. My goal of grabbing all Yakuza platinums is slowly inching closer & closer! I'll end up seeing you all in a few months when I finally decide to do Yakuza 4 lol.

Also, on a side note, I see there are 2 different Lost Judgement tiles, is one for platinum & one for 100% or is it for something else?

Congratulations!  Thanks, I plan to keep this thread open indefinitely as long as there is interest, which goes for all of my LP threads.  As someone who is currently in the midst of going for the Yakuza 3 platinum, let me say I definitely sympathize with you.  Great job!  While I enjoyed the story of Yakuza 3, it's been hard to keep focused and knock out all the different trophies (though I am committed to finishing it).  And when you're ready for Yakuza 4, we'll be here!  So far, I can say it's interesting but I'm not far enough in yet to formulate an official opinion.

But to clarify about Lost Judgment, you are correct.  Once the DLC has finished releasing, you can earn the golden tile for getting 100%.  It's something I do in my other LP threads and since Lost Judgment is the first RGG Studios game with DLC trophies, I decided to give an extra incentive.

Here is your well earned tile!

@ObsiEez

Spoiler

ld1pdMe.png

Edited by TomoTakino
Update
  • Like 1

I stumbled across this thread a while ago, but never joined in before. I love the yakuza series and am thrilled to see it spread to more people. Since I just finished the plat for dead souls on Friday,  this seems like a great time for me to join. The custom tiles are awesome, and a great reason to throw my hat in the ring. As of now, I've finished 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3 (twice), 4, dead souls, and FOTNS: Lost Paradise. Like a lot of people in this thread, I need a break between games, as Yakuza plats are as exhausting as they are fun for me,  but I'm looking forward to making Y5 my 200th (unless I can't wait that long?).

40 minutes ago, Moridin83 said:

I stumbled across this thread a while ago, but never joined in before. I love the yakuza series and am thrilled to see it spread to more people. Since I just finished the plat for dead souls on Friday,  this seems like a great time for me to join. The custom tiles are awesome, and a great reason to throw my hat in the ring. As of now, I've finished 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3 (twice), 4, dead souls, and FOTNS: Lost Paradise. Like a lot of people in this thread, I need a break between games, as Yakuza plats are as exhausting as they are fun for me,  but I'm looking forward to making Y5 my 200th (unless I can't wait that long?).

Hey there!  Welcome to this LP thread as well!  I'm glad you decided to join.  It also makes me happy to see that Yakuza is getting more attention these days too, especially with it going multiplatform.  Of course, I wanted to help do my part too by starting this thread and there have been some really cool people who have joined.  I'm glad to see you like the tiles!  Please see the below spoiler tag for yours!  And I can definitely get spacing out the Yakuza games, I tend to get burnt out on Yakuza too if I play too much at once.  But I still love the series.  Best of luck with Yakuza 5 btw, I hear it's awesome!

Spoiler

fx20II6.pngVNVi1Mu.pngQmKfS4l.pngYSkACRW.png7K9TEUH.pngxLH6LNZ.pngAPTjNYI.png

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to be included, I am not sure I will doing them all but I have done 3 so far (Yakuza 5, Yakuza Kiwami, Judgment).

Started with Yakuza 5 on PS3 because I had it with PS+ it was a crazy place to start considering the huge amount of backstory the game assumes you have although a lot of the cut scenes explain the basis of it all and I enjoy it a lot with some exceptions of mini-game, fights that drove me mad. Then I played Kiwami because I also got it from PS+ and I said why not see the beginning, it was pretty great but with some infuriating sections but this time I was ready for most it or at least I thought I was. My most recent one was Judgment which I liked, but it sucks that one of the core mechanics is so boring (tailing people around). So basically my feelings for this series is the main story is interesting, the side quest are usually weird and hilarious, mini-games can go from fun to dreadful and the combat is ok to fun to frustrating depending on the particular fight.

I am looking forward to playing Yakuza 0, then Kiwami 2 and last Yakuza 6 which are the ones I currently own, I don't think I will be playing 3 and 4 as I've been spoiled by the more recent games, I would like to play Ishin if ever gets translated and I will buy Like a Dragon a later date but I still have plenty to play so I am not in a rush.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 6:57 AM, dark_moon689 said:

I would like to be included, I am not sure I will doing them all but I have done 3 so far (Yakuza 5, Yakuza Kiwami, Judgment).

Started with Yakuza 5 on PS3 because I had it with PS+ it was a crazy place to start considering the huge amount of backstory the game assumes you have although a lot of the cut scenes explain the basis of it all and I enjoy it a lot with some exceptions of mini-game, fights that drove me mad. Then I played Kiwami because I also got it from PS+ and I said why not see the beginning, it was pretty great but with some infuriating sections but this time I was ready for most it or at least I thought I was. My most recent one was Judgment which I liked, but it sucks that one of the core mechanics is so boring (tailing people around). So basically my feelings for this series is the main story is interesting, the side quest are usually weird and hilarious, mini-games can go from fun to dreadful and the combat is ok to fun to frustrating depending on the particular fight.

I am looking forward to playing Yakuza 0, then Kiwami 2 and last Yakuza 6 which are the ones I currently own, I don't think I will be playing 3 and 4 as I've been spoiled by the more recent games, I would like to play Ishin if ever gets translated and I will buy Like a Dragon a later date but I still have plenty to play so I am not in a rush.

Of course you're welcome to join, even if you never finish any of the others!  I haven't quite gotten to Yakuza 5 yet but I hear it's huge and a lot of fun, though I understand why it would be overwhelming to start with.  I'm glad you stuck with it though.  0 is a lot of fun but be prepared for some weird minigames.  Best of luck with the series and thanks for joining!  Here are your tiles!

@dark_moon689

Spoiler

VVwgjey.pngmPN16BM.pngMRzxIsW.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, been a hot minute since my last post here. I’ve completed both 7 and LJ which were my last two unfinished titles including spin offs and unlocalized, so now I apply for Dragon of Dojima. After replatting most of them and experiencing the above mentioned games for the first time, I’ve got a new favorite Yakuza game - Lost Judgment. LJ is nothing short of incredible objectively overall (especially combat) and I feel it’s a must play for even people who aren’t too keen on RGG games because it has something for everyone. I also rate 5 and Kenzan highly too. Here’s hoping 8 is a huge improvement over 7 just like how LJ was to the original Judge. Have a good day, everyone

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KantoRyu said:

Hey all, been a hot minute since my last post here. I’ve completed both 7 and LJ which were my last two unfinished titles including spin offs and unlocalized, so now I apply for Dragon of Dojima. After replatting most of them and experiencing the above mentioned games for the first time, I’ve got a new favorite Yakuza game - Lost Judgment. LJ is nothing short of incredible objectively overall (especially combat) and I feel it’s a must play for even people who aren’t too keen on RGG games because it has something for everyone. I also rate 5 and Kenzan highly too. Here’s hoping 8 is a huge improvement over 7 just like how LJ was to the original Judge. Have a good day, everyone

Welcome back.  Wow, that is an incredible accomplishment, fantastic job!  Please welcome our first Dragon of Dojima, KantoRyu!  I'm glad to hear you really liked Lost Judgment.  I'm hoping 8 is good too.  I know Toshihiro Nagoshi left RGG studios so I'm hoping it won't impact the game too much.  Great job and looking forward to your future updates when additional games/dlc release!  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

3IxkLw3.pngTpE1hqW.pngRPSXuQ6.png8Qvf3wo.pngJ97KF7a.png

• Like 2

Hey, I only discovered this thread recently earlier, but I thought it would be fun to participate as I already want to complete every Yakuza game and get their platinums. However, so far I only managed to obtain 0's platinum, but I did finish the main story of 0 to 4 and I'm currently halfway through Judgment's story as well. But I do believe I can succeed in my goal, as I am no stranger to either difficult or grindy platinums.

Kiwami is my next target platinum-wise.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 3:04 PM, DanteRebellionX said:

Hey, I only discovered this thread recently earlier, but I thought it would be fun to participate as I already want to complete every Yakuza game and get their platinums. However, so far I only managed to obtain 0's platinum, but I did finish the main story of 0 to 4 and I'm currently halfway through Judgment's story as well. But I do believe I can succeed in my goal, as I am no stranger to either difficult or grindy platinums.

Kiwami is my next target platinum-wise.

Welcome to the thread!  I'm pretty sure you can do it too because if I remember correctly 0's is one of the longest platinums in the series so the rest should come naturally for you!  (Especially Kiwami, which is basically similar to Yakuza 0 but without all of Majima's stuff).  I hope you keep enjoying the rest of the series, best of luck!  Here is your tile!

Spoiler

SBFdC7u.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@TomoTakino

Got the plat for Lost Judgment. Mostly enjoyed it. More so than the original (for various reasons, including better combat, better story, fewer stealth sections and tracking, etc).

The plat was simple really. Nothing difficult or frustrating. The most frustrating from the original was the drone races, but these were really easy this time.

All told it’s probably the fastest plat of all the Yakuza/Judgment games (took me 87hours)

I do hope they reintegrate some of the older activities in the next one, such as pool and bowling. Feels like it’s missing something.

Not sure if I’m keeping it and waiting for all the DLC to go on sale.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!  Hope you guys had a great New Years!  Personally, I've managed to play through and beat Yakuza 4, which I enjoyed quite a bit (though I have to go back and get all the side content).  I'm currently playing through the beginning of Yakuza 5 with the wife and so far, I can tell it will be a blast to complete.  I still have to go back and complete the remastered trilogy but for now, I wanted to play through the stories of each one (the wife is very interested in the story and wants me to wait for her to play them but we've had conflicting schedules).

18 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino

Got the plat for Lost Judgment. Mostly enjoyed it. More so than the original (for various reasons, including better combat, better story, fewer stealth sections and tracking, etc).

The plat was simple really. Nothing difficult or frustrating. The most frustrating from the original was the drone races, but these were really easy this time.

All told it’s probably the fastest plat of all the Yakuza/Judgment games (took me 87hours)

I do hope they reintegrate some of the older activities in the next one, such as pool and bowling. Feels like it’s missing something.

Not sure if I’m keeping it and waiting for all the DLC to go on sale.

Awesome job!  Glad to hear you enjoyed it more than Judgment.  I have heard it's a rather easy completion but I'm waiting to play it till I finish Judgment.  I'm also looking forward to trying out some of the master system games again.  Are they included in the completion list?  Hopefully you can pick up a deal on the DLC as this one has a second tile to earn once all the DLC releases.  Here's your tile!

Spoiler

SNOhkie.png

• Like 2