Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!  How are you guys progressing with the Yakuza series?  I picked up a few more games in the series and managed to get my first series plat: Yakuza Kiwami!  And just for the heck of it, I've posted my Mahjong tile.

vgyJny5.png

If you feel like joining or discussing the games/series or if you have any updates on where you're at or Yakuza games you've completed recently, feel free to post!

• Like 1

So, I recently started Yakuza Kiwami and I've been loving it so far! Kind of new to the series, as I only played on the PS2 once up until Chapter 4.

I am currently on Chapter 6 with 15 hours of gameplay, as I am focusing on sidequests and other activities as well. So, you can sign me up!

Out of curiosity, how much time did you take for the Kiwami platinum? Was the Legend difficulty though?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

So, I recently started Yakuza Kiwami and I've been loving it so far! Kind of new to the series, as I only played on the PS2 once up until Chapter 4.

I am currently on Chapter 6 with 15 hours of gameplay, as I am focusing on sidequests and other activities as well. So, you can sign me up!

Out of curiosity, how much time did you take for the Kiwami platinum? Was the Legend difficulty though?

Kiwami is the shortest Game in the series. I Would say about 50 hours. But when this is your First Yakuza it will take longer. Normally you Need to get used to Kamurocho first :) 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 3:38 AM, Caju_94 said:

It took me roughly 120 hours to 100% but a lot of that was as Inuty said, exploring Kamurocho and learning the game mechanics (Inuty is extremely knowledgeable about the series and they are a great resource).  After maxing out Kiryu, Legend was a breeze and the only time I had any trouble was on Chapter 9 and I was able to beat it in roughly 10ish hours.  Take your time and enjoy Kiwami, It's a blast.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:09 AM, bogaards1997 said:

@TomoTakino

I'm busy with Judgment and it's a grind.

Hopefully it picks up soon and feels less of a grind.  Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 1:48 AM, bogaards1997 said:

Just got the Judgment plat!

Congrats!  That's awesome, great job!  Here's your mahjong tile!

gceuGU6.png

On 9/25/2019 at 10:12 AM, MidnightDragon said:

Planning on playing 0 and Kiwami 1 and 2 before the physical release of 3-5 comes out on PS4, but not sure if I’ll get all three done in time since I have lots of things I want to do.

No problem, play that at your leisure and have some fun.  Added!

On 9/25/2019 at 10:24 AM, zajac9999 said:

Too late to join this? I recently platted Yakuza 0 and planning to do the others in the future. Please add me if it's not too late. :)

Not at all!  This LP is always open to new players!  You've been added!

Here's your mahjong tile!

pTLHJnU.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 5:21 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I started Yakuza Kiwami 2 about a month ago. Got the plat now! :D

Posted my thoughts here:

The next game in the series I'll be playing is the PS3 remaster of Yakuza 2, probably in the next month or so. 

Awesome congrats!  I'm glad you enjoyed Kiwami 2, that's the next one I'm going after once I finish up Yakuza 0.  Best of luck with Yakuza 2!

KQgOFhT.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, bogaards1997 said:

Working on the Ishin platinum. 

Best of luck to you!  I played a little bit of Ishin and it's awesome but the language barrier is kinda tough on that one.

3 hours ago, Kesme63 said:

I'm getting Yakuza 0 on Christmas, so sign me up! Can't wait to get into the series.

Absolutely!  It's an awesome series and Yakuza 0 is loads of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everyone, Happy Hannukah and Happy Kwanza as well!  Hope it was/is a good holiday for you guys.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:44 AM, Undead Wolf said:

As I'm typing this, it's currently Christmas day and I just earned the Yakuza 2 platinum. :D

So the next Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku I'm going to play will be Ishin, probably some time in January. I'm determined to have every custom Mahjong piece before the first half of 2020 is over. :P

Congrats on the completion @Undead Wolf and being the first person to take home the Yakuza 2 HD tile!  That's a tough one to get especially with the language barrier.  Best of luck on the Ishin plat!  Here's your tile!

LcTmyFv.png

On 12/25/2019 at 11:07 AM, jordiftw said:

Got the platinum for Yakuza 0 and really enjoyed it (apart from the rng minigames). Bought the other Yakuza games for ps4 and judgement to try and plat those. I feel the Yakuza series is seriously underrated!

@jordiftw Congrats!  Yes, the series is extremely underrated but hopefully when it lands on Xbox it gets a bit more recognition.  I'd love a Switch port of these games (though I know they said Switch isn't the right platform for them).  Don't forget FotNS is an unofficial part of this series too.  Here's your tile!

iGnu1Tk.png

• Like 3