TomoTakino

Let's Play Yakuza

53 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I'm down for this. So far I have the Plats for Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6, and Lost Paradise. For the tiles I'll have my forum name on them :)

 

Awesome!  You've been added.  Here's your custom tiles!

 

ssLy7DL.pngNBODAof.pnghnoy5Wh.pnglY2Xwcu.png3QwXMqO.png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all!  How are you guys progressing with the Yakuza series?  I picked up a few more games in the series and managed to get my first series plat: Yakuza Kiwami!  And just for the heck of it, I've posted my Mahjong tile.

 

vgyJny5.png

If you feel like joining or discussing the games/series or if you have any updates on where you're at or Yakuza games you've completed recently, feel free to post!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I recently started Yakuza Kiwami and I've been loving it so far! Kind of new to the series, as I only played on the PS2 once up until Chapter 4.

I am currently on Chapter 6 with 15 hours of gameplay, as I am focusing on sidequests and other activities as well. So, you can sign me up!

 

Out of curiosity, how much time did you take for the Kiwami platinum? Was the Legend difficulty though?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

So, I recently started Yakuza Kiwami and I've been loving it so far! Kind of new to the series, as I only played on the PS2 once up until Chapter 4.

I am currently on Chapter 6 with 15 hours of gameplay, as I am focusing on sidequests and other activities as well. So, you can sign me up!

 

Out of curiosity, how much time did you take for the Kiwami platinum? Was the Legend difficulty though?

Kiwami is the shortest Game in the series. I Would say about 50 hours. But when this is your First Yakuza it will take longer. Normally you Need to get used to Kamurocho first :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 3:38 AM, Caju_94 said:

So, I recently started Yakuza Kiwami and I've been loving it so far! Kind of new to the series, as I only played on the PS2 once up until Chapter 4.

I am currently on Chapter 6 with 15 hours of gameplay, as I am focusing on sidequests and other activities as well. So, you can sign me up!

 

Out of curiosity, how much time did you take for the Kiwami platinum? Was the Legend difficulty though?

 

It took me roughly 120 hours to 100% but a lot of that was as Inuty said, exploring Kamurocho and learning the game mechanics (Inuty is extremely knowledgeable about the series and they are a great resource).  After maxing out Kiryu, Legend was a breeze and the only time I had any trouble was on Chapter 9 and I was able to beat it in roughly 10ish hours.  Take your time and enjoy Kiwami, It's a blast.

 

On 9/18/2019 at 4:09 AM, bogaards1997 said:

@TomoTakino

I'm busy with Judgment and it's a grind.

 

Hopefully it picks up soon and feels less of a grind.  Best of luck to you!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Planning on playing 0 and Kiwami 1 and 2 before the physical release of 3-5 comes out on PS4, but not sure if I’ll get all three done in time since I have lots of things I want to do.

Edited by MidnightDragon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too late to join this? I recently platted Yakuza 0 and planning to do the others in the future. Please add me if it's not too late. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 1:48 AM, bogaards1997 said:

Just got the Judgment plat!

 

Congrats!  That's awesome, great job!  Here's your mahjong tile!

 

gceuGU6.png

 

On 9/25/2019 at 10:12 AM, MidnightDragon said:

Planning on playing 0 and Kiwami 1 and 2 before the physical release of 3-5 comes out on PS4, but not sure if I’ll get all three done in time since I have lots of things I want to do.

 

No problem, play that at your leisure and have some fun.  Added!

 

On 9/25/2019 at 10:24 AM, zajac9999 said:

Too late to join this? I recently platted Yakuza 0 and planning to do the others in the future. Please add me if it's not too late. :)


Not at all!  This LP is always open to new players!  You've been added!

 

Here's your mahjong tile!

 

pTLHJnU.png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started Yakuza Kiwami 2 about a month ago. Got the plat now! :D

 

Posted my thoughts here:

The next game in the series I'll be playing is the PS3 remaster of Yakuza 2, probably in the next month or so. 

Edited by Undead Wolf
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 5:21 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I started Yakuza Kiwami 2 about a month ago. Got the plat now! :D

 

Posted my thoughts here:

The next game in the series I'll be playing is the PS3 remaster of Yakuza 2, probably in the next month or so. 

 

Awesome congrats!  I'm glad you enjoyed Kiwami 2, that's the next one I'm going after once I finish up Yakuza 0.  Best of luck with Yakuza 2!

 

KQgOFhT.png

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting Yakuza 0 on Christmas, so sign me up! Can't wait to get into the series.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bogaards1997 said:

Working on the Ishin platinum. 

 

Best of luck to you!  I played a little bit of Ishin and it's awesome but the language barrier is kinda tough on that one.

 

3 hours ago, Kesme63 said:

I'm getting Yakuza 0 on Christmas, so sign me up! Can't wait to get into the series.

 

Absolutely!  It's an awesome series and Yakuza 0 is loads of fun.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just platted Yakuza Kiwami, I've done that and Yakuza 0 now. I'll give it a month or so and then start up Kiwami 2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

Just platted Yakuza Kiwami, I've done that and Yakuza 0 now. I'll give it a month or so and then start up Kiwami 2.

 

Congrats @zajac9999!  Here's your tile!

 

zy30YyL.png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the platinum for both Yakuza Kiwami and Kiwami 2 a while ago. Now just waiting for the physical release of the remastered collection.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

Got the platinum for both Yakuza Kiwami and Kiwami 2 a while ago. Now just waiting for the physical release of the remastered collection.

 

Awesome @Whitelightnin683!  I'm excited for the physical release as well, here's your tiles!

 

xTcNmda.pngxC6ggeE.png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am starting the series soon, maybe tonight, with kiwami then zero and then the rest. Been waiting for it a long time to start! 😊

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I'm typing this, it's currently Christmas day and I just earned the Yakuza 2 platinum. :D

So the next Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku I'm going to play will be Ishin, probably some time in January. I'm determined to have every custom Mahjong piece before the first half of 2020 is over. :P

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the platinum for Yakuza 0 and really enjoyed it (apart from the rng minigames). Bought the other Yakuza games for ps4 and judgement to try and plat those. I feel the Yakuza series is seriously underrated!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas everyone, Happy Hannukah and Happy Kwanza as well!  Hope it was/is a good holiday for you guys.

 

On 12/25/2019 at 8:44 AM, Undead Wolf said:

As I'm typing this, it's currently Christmas day and I just earned the Yakuza 2 platinum. :D

So the next Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku I'm going to play will be Ishin, probably some time in January. I'm determined to have every custom Mahjong piece before the first half of 2020 is over. :P

 

Congrats on the completion @Undead Wolf and being the first person to take home the Yakuza 2 HD tile!  That's a tough one to get especially with the language barrier.  Best of luck on the Ishin plat!  Here's your tile!

 

LcTmyFv.png

 

On 12/25/2019 at 11:07 AM, jordiftw said:

Got the platinum for Yakuza 0 and really enjoyed it (apart from the rng minigames). Bought the other Yakuza games for ps4 and judgement to try and plat those. I feel the Yakuza series is seriously underrated!

 

@jordiftw Congrats!  Yes, the series is extremely underrated but hopefully when it lands on Xbox it gets a bit more recognition.  I'd love a Switch port of these games (though I know they said Switch isn't the right platform for them).  Don't forget FotNS is an unofficial part of this series too.  Here's your tile!

 

iGnu1Tk.png

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.