Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

Happy new year everyone!  I hope you all had a good holiday season and you're safe tonight (or were safe if it already passed for you).  I've been enjoying Yakuza 0 lately with the wife.  How's everyone's progress?  I also wanted to post to let everyone know that a Yakuza 7 tile has been made in preparation of the game's release in a few weeks.  For now, it will not be a requirement for Majima's Finest though once the game releases worldwide it will be.

g3YSr1W.png

Cheers and have a great holiday!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

So Yakuza 5 officially launched in America yesterday, as did the physical remaster collection!  I hope you all are enjoying it and the ability to play through the entire series on PS4!  How has everyone been?  Making any progress in Yakuza lately?

I got my physical remastered collection the other day. I'm keeping it sealed for a while though. :D I love that it comes with the Yakuza 5 PS3 case so I can complete my PS3 collection.

I'm making some good progress in Yakuza Ishin. I've done a few of the tricky minigames and I'm just working my way through the completion list right now. I'm hoping to get it done in the next month or so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

So Yakuza 5 officially launched in America yesterday, as did the physical remaster collection!  I hope you all are enjoying it and the ability to play through the entire series on PS4!  How has everyone been?  Making any progress in Yakuza lately?

Picked up my copy yesterday and plan to start it over the next week or so. want to finish a few games first before i get sucked back into this great series

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

I started Yakuza 3 remastered yesterday and it's really good so far. I really like the scenes where Kiryu is taking care of the orphanage. It's nice to see a badass like Kiryu be a caring father figure :P But it's also nice because my only experience with the game is from the demo that came out a long time ago and so it will be cool to see the things that happen beyond that point.

On the side though I tried out some of the mini-games like bowling and golfing as well as some sub-stories. But I like that the golfing mini-game takes place on an actual field. And they even have those ambient sounds that make it feel like a golf course :P

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

I can only wait for the release of Yakuza 7 in the west ;) But I can´t wait to Play this game with the new Gameplay. Not sure if I like it but I will definitely Play it and make my own Impression. In Addition I´m still waiting for Ishin to be released with english subtitles but I´m not sure if this will ever happen.

• Like 1

Why didn't I find this thread sooner? I've been a massive fan of the series since Yakuza 3 launched (what a game to start with), but since I've never owned a PS4 of my own and have had very little time to game in recent years, I've not gotten to crack much of the PS4 line-up (I did however buy every single game that came out in the West day one, they're all just still factory-sealed).

That's three Mahjong tiles for me, and I honestly need to get 3 finished one day.

Screenshot-2020-02-15-Golem25-s-PSN-Profile.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/15/2020 at 1:51 AM, Golem25 said:

Why didn't I find this thread sooner? I've been a massive fan of the series since Yakuza 3 launched (what a game to start with), but since I've never owned a PS4 of my own and have had very little time to game in recent years, I've not gotten to crack much of the PS4 line-up (I did however buy every single game that came out in the West day one, they're all just still factory-sealed).

That's three Mahjong tiles for me, and I honestly need to get 3 finished one day.

Screenshot-2020-02-15-Golem25-s-PSN-Profile.png

I'm sorry it took so long to add you!  It has been a really crazy couple of weeks but you're officially added!  Below are your three tiles.  Sorry again @Golem25!

oTjQz3d.pngUE1sEs0.pnganhnwgB.png

• Like 1

Just a little update for Ishin. It took me 119 hours, but I finally have the in-game completion of 100% (and completed Virya Catalog!). Now I just have to finish my current playthrough, beat the Ultimate Battles, and do a NG+ playthrough. Shouldn't take me too long.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 3:26 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Just a little update for Ishin. It took me 119 hours, but I finally have the in-game completion of 100% (and completed Virya Catalog!). Now I just have to finish my current playthrough, beat the Ultimate Battles, and do a NG+ playthrough. Shouldn't take me too long.

And it is done! :D

• Like 4

On 3/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, bogaards1997 said:

Completed Yakuza 3 

Awesome job @bogaards1997!  Only a couple more to go!

OuJYQgM.png

On 3/14/2020 at 7:49 AM, SaucyBrotato said:

Just platted Yakuza 6, woooo. Good game, a lot different from the previous titles, and much shorter platinum, but very much enjoyed the twisty turny storyline!

Awesome!  I haven't had a chance to play through 6 yet (still working on 0).  Here's your tile!

tH65kUP.png

On 3/14/2020 at 8:21 AM, AlphaExGAT said:

Didn't know this was a thing, guess i'll follow this thread. I plan on getting Yakuza 5 to play it again and possibly 6 since I haven't played it at some point. It's likely I would just have played 5 again before 7 gets an NA release. 

Welcome!  I saw you already completed Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 2 so here's a couple of tiles for you!  Thanks for joining and good luck with Yakuza 5!

X2RukGb.pngEslGeTq.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I got the Plat in Yakuza 3 :)

Awesome!  Here's your tile @Redgrave!

g8P16xZ.png

Currently I'm enjoying Yakuza 0 still.  Just beat chapter 5 but I'm taking my time and exploring the business and completion list side for now.  Very fun game and I'm taking my time with it atm.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome!  Here's your tile @Redgrave!

g8P16xZ.png

Currently I'm enjoying Yakuza 0 still.  Just beat chapter 5 but I'm taking my time and exploring the business and completion list side for now.  Very fun game and I'm taking my time with it atm.

Thanks ? And nice. I kind of liked the Real Estate stuff once I got the hang of it but I think I preferred the Nightclub thing with Majima even though it doesn't give enough money. Thankfully you can just stab Mr. Shakedown for a ton of extra cash :P

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 7:46 PM, Redgrave said:

Thanks 1f601.png And nice. I kind of liked the Real Estate stuff once I got the hang of it but I think I preferred the Nightclub thing with Majima even though it doesn't give enough money. Thankfully you can just stab Mr. Shakedown for a ton of extra cash :P

Yeah the Cabaret Club thing with Majima is definitely more hands on and quite addictive.  Kind of reminds me of Diner Dash in a way.  And yes, I've been cheesing Mr. Shakedown with zap guns for easy money lol.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, bogaards1997 said:

Thanks for the tile! 

Anyway I got the platinum in 4.

Amazing job!  Best of luck with Yakuza 5.  Once you finish that, you'll be one of two people to become Majima's Finest!

uuKmdK8.png

On 3/22/2020 at 0:18 AM, ObsiEez said:

Hey! I'd love to join as I've started on my Yakuza journey. Only one I've platinumed so far is Yakuza 0. However I'm going to go in order of the series in terms of platinums & going to start working towards platinuming Yakuza 1 after I've beaten Yakuza 2.

Absolutely!  Glad to have you.  Enjoy the series, it's great!  Here's your first tile!

9Pt5MD8.png

• Like 1