Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

7 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Absolutely!  Glad to have you.  Enjoy the series, it's great!  Here's your first tile!

Thanks! I've always wanted to play the whole series since I played the 4th one years ago on my old account & now that they're all on PS4 now it's a perfect time to start. Not looking forward to the massive grind a lot of them will take though but it'll be well worth it in the end!

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 3:08 AM, bogaards1997 said:

Thanks, but after 5 I still have 6 to complete. 

Ah, sorry about that!  You're very close though!

On 3/28/2020 at 3:33 AM, ObsiEez said:

Thanks! I've always wanted to play the whole series since I played the 4th one years ago on my old account & now that they're all on PS4 now it's a perfect time to start. Not looking forward to the massive grind a lot of them will take though but it'll be well worth it in the end!

Definitely a great series to play through though please don't rush them if you can help it.  They're best savored, otherwise you'll burn yourself out.  Definitely a great series to invest in though!

On 4/1/2020 at 1:11 PM, Ampplaca said:

finished yakuza 3 the other day. onto yakuza 4

Congrats!  Here's your tile!

Nmt3scT.png

12 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Definitely a great series to play through though please don't rush them if you can help it.  They're best savored, otherwise you'll burn yourself out.  Definitely a great series to invest in though!

Yeah that's what I'm doing, took me awhile to platinum Yakuza 0 as I took quite a few breaks (mostly because I didn't want to get to frustrated at the game & the fact my disc tray broke awhile ago) but I started working on the first Yakuza quite a long while ago, long before even starting Yakuza 0 which was well over a year ago. Absolutely love the series however & one day I'll have all the plats hopefully!

• Like 1

I started Yakuza 4 today :) Unlike Yakuza 3 though I watched a Let's Play of it a long time ago so I do know about most of the story details but I know I'll still enjoy the story anyway.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I started Yakuza 4 today :) Unlike Yakuza 3 though I watched a Let's Play of it a long time ago so I do know about most of the story details but I know I'll still enjoy the story anyway.

Gasp!  How could you?  Jk.  One reason I like Yakuza so much is because the stories are usually great but I also can get sidetracked for hours eating mountains of food, playing Blackjack or doing side stories.  Kind of like hey, (mild intro Yakuza 0 spoilers)

Spoiler

Kiryu, you're being framed for a murder you didn't commit and have to deal with the consequences of leaving the mob, while you're doing that, let's flirt with girls on the telephone and help a guy use his bag phone cause it's so cool.  Never mind the angry mob coming after you with the intent to kill you for your actions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Gasp!  How could you?  Jk.  One reason I like Yakuza so much is because the stories are usually great but I also can get sidetracked for hours eating mountains of food, playing Blackjack or doing side stories.  Kind of like hey, (mild intro Yakuza 0 spoilers)

Hide contents

Kiryu, you're being framed for a murder you didn't commit and have to deal with the consequences of leaving the mob, while you're doing that, let's flirt with girls on the telephone and help a guy use his bag phone cause it's so cool.  Never mind the angry mob coming after you with the intent to kill you for your actions.

Haha, in my defense it was long before the remasters were even rumored and I thought I would never get to play them :P And yeah, I love how you can watch a really sad or emotional scene one moment and then next up you bump into a substory where someone loses their cat or go to the club to dance to a disco song ? I find that these games really do well to balance the seriousness and the humor.

• Like 1

I've must say that it's good to see a Yakuza theme thread & I do like those mahjong titles you created.  Eventhough I don't play mahjong lately especially not yet in 龍が如く7as it's very much fun for other activities.  Anyway I've beaten all 龍が如く7 (Yakuza 7) premium NG+ difficulties (Normal, Hard & EX-Hard) after paying only 7 ¥ yen which isn't bad,  Now I've recently completed super hard Millennium Tower dungeon trophy today to finish the game 100% including DLC trophies.

Edited by Black54Ninja
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 3:47 PM, bogaards1997 said:

Completed 5

Awesome!  I see you're almost done with 6 too!  Nice!  Here's your tile.

uaaQvgp.png

On 4/13/2020 at 1:27 AM, zajac9999 said:

I've just finished Yakuza Kiwami 2. That's 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 done for me now. Another break for a month or two and then onto Yakuza 3

Nice!  Here's your tile!

EP1j29U.png

On 4/13/2020 at 2:01 AM, Black54Ninja said:

I've must say that it's good to see a Yakuza theme thread & I do like those mahjong titles you created.  Eventhough I don't play mahjong lately especially not yet in 龍が如く7as it's very much fun for other activities.  Anyway I've beaten all 龍が如く7 (Yakuza 7) premium NG+ difficulties (Normal, Hard & EX-Hard) after paying only 7 ¥ yen which isn't bad,  Now I've recently completed super hard Millennium Tower dungeon trophy today to finish the game 100% including DLC trophies.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it!  Congrats on being the first person to complete 龍が如く7and also for completing Yakuza 6!  Here's your two tiles!

AgAFCGN.png67eEavw.png

On 4/13/2020 at 2:10 AM, XShadowYakuzaX said:

I'm just getting throw Kiwami 2. Love the series so far.

Awesome, glad to hear it!

• Like 1

I thought I'd posted in this thread before but apparently not. I have the platinum trophies for 0 through 6, Dead Souls, FOTNS and Judgment. Just got round to starting the remastered collection and it's wonderful to see Yakuza 3 looking and playing so well. 

This thread is a great idea, the Yakuza fan base has always been filled with completionists. 

• Like 1

On 16-4-2020 at 8:21 AM, TomoTakino said:

Awesome!  I see you're almost done with 6 too!  Nice!  Here's your tile.

uaaQvgp.png

Nice!  Here's your tile!

Thanks, I just completed 6. Now I'll wait for 7 to arrive in the west so I can continue the series. 

Edited by bogaards1997

Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have not one but two additional members of Majima's Finest!  Awesome job to both twothumbedfist and bogaards1997!  Inuty has some company now.

On 4/16/2020 at 0:06 AM, twothumbedfist said:

I thought I'd posted in this thread before but apparently not. I have the platinum trophies for 0 through 6, Dead Souls, FOTNS and Judgment. Just got round to starting the remastered collection and it's wonderful to see Yakuza 3 looking and playing so well. 

This thread is a great idea, the Yakuza fan base has always been filled with completionists. 

Thanks for posting!  I agree, Yakuza is a great game for completionists due to the plethora of side content (or a nightmare depending on who you ask lol).  Lots to do and enjoy with this series!  Enjoy the remaster series, I'm glad it plays well and hopefully you enjoy 4 and 5 remasters just as much.  Congrats again on completing all the titles in the series, here are your tiles!

@twothumbedfist

R63VsiA.pngOFTIbxj.pngvgdP7Qx.png1lBk9pk.pngiSSCskK.png

7ZUvT0o.png2fDbOkD.pngXTgi9mh.pngfhK0o47.pngcTIKCW0.png

3 hours ago, bogaards1997 said:

Thanks, I just completed 6. Now I'll wait for 7 to arrive in the west so I can continue the series. 

Amazing job!  You really knocked out the rest of the series quick!  Here's your tile and a well earned spot in Majima's Finest!  Hopefully we can get Yakuza 7 soon, it looks like an interesting game!

@bogaards1997

9mGQ0ci.png

• Like 2

We've got another one of Majima's Finest!  Congrats to Laburnski, who has become the third member this week to join the elusive club after twothumbedfist and bogaards1997!

4 hours ago, Laburnski said:

I'd like to sign up as well 1f60a.png I have completed Yakuza 0, kiwami 1, kiwami 2, 3,4,5,6, dead souls, judgment and fist of North star

Sure, welcome!  Thanks for joining and awesome job with the completions!  Here are your tiles:

@Laburnski

Spoiler

AHBbGke.pngkx49qQG.pngXjSqDLs.png6MpA3Mk.png159Bcwe.pngKnLunsl.pngh3UbCGy.png6zP2vH9.pngMmdn6pb.pngPIfQwRp.png

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome job!  Only two more to go, Yakuza 5 and Judgment!

GkTmcmM.png

Thanks! ? And yeah, Yakuza 5 from what I hear is longer than 3 and 4 but the difficulty isn't too bad. Judgement though I know there's the 30 wins in a row with Puyo-Puyo and I don't really see me doing that since I'm not really good at Tetris sort of games :[ But I'll certainly try what I can when I get around to playing it.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

One more ultimate match and I'll have the plat for Y4 1f600.png

Great job!  I know you haven't posted an update but nice work completing Yakuza 4!  I also see you've completed Yakuza Kiwami 2.  Here are a couple tiles for you!  (You also are really close to completing a few other Yakuza games, best of luck on those!)

Boo8wbQ.pngD8Alre3.png

On 5/3/2020 at 2:16 PM, Redgrave said:

Thanks! 1f604.png And yeah, Yakuza 5 from what I hear is longer than 3 and 4 but the difficulty isn't too bad. Judgement though I know there's the 30 wins in a row with Puyo-Puyo and I don't really see me doing that since I'm not really good at Tetris sort of games :[ But I'll certainly try what I can when I get around to playing it.

I know the feeling.  I got frustrated in Judgment when I played Fighting Vipers and for some reason couldn't beat round 8 after 30 attempts (even though I completed the PSN version easily).  But I'm sure you can do it with a little practice, you've already completed a lot of other tough challenges to get to this point!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

I know the feeling.  I got frustrated in Judgment when I played Fighting Vipers and for some reason couldn't beat round 8 after 30 attempts (even though I completed the PSN version easily).  But I'm sure you can do it with a little practice, you've already completed a lot of other tough challenges to get to this point!

Maybe the difficulty was adjusted in Judgment? I feel like that could be the case for the arcade stuff but I wouldn't know for sure unless I played the two different versions of them. And yeah, I see the three tower method seems to work a lot of the time so hopefully that can help with me too :)

• Like 1

A bit late, but I’ll be joining as well! I’m on a quest to complete every single stack in the series, so I’m in this for the long haul. I already finished most of the localized games on an older account, but I recently started over so here are the games I’ve finished so far:

kxLKXxW.jpg

Next up will be Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan.

• Like 1