Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

I dodged this thread for a while now because I didn't want you to spend time crafting tiles I might not use (not much a signature / "About Me" section user), but this list definitely needs more entries :P So you can throw me in there. I'm pretty sure that I'm at the end regarding my Yakuza platinums because I don't own a PS3 anymore, so my entry will at least be final (unless Like a Dragon 2 comes out somewhat quickly).

I've completed the main series (Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6), Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Judgment.

If those tiles eat up a lot of your time feel free to skip them. If it's quick work.... I would most likely save them somewhere :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jens said:

I dodged this thread for a while now because I didn't want you to spend time crafting tiles I might not use (not much a signature / "About Me" section user), but this list definitely needs more entries :P So you can throw me in there. I'm pretty sure that I'm at the end regarding my Yakuza platinums because I don't own a PS3 anymore, so my entry will at least be final (unless Like a Dragon 2 comes out somewhat quickly).

I've completed the main series (Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6), Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Judgment.

If those tiles eat up a lot of your time feel free to skip them. If it's quick work.... I would most likely save them somewhere :P

Hey Jens, thanks for joining!  Glad to have you here too buddy!  We always could use new players who enjoy Yakuza and I appreciate your concern about the tiles.  However, I really don't mind making tiles for people and if nothing else, they're here in the thread for comradery.  But it's no problem, even if you just hold onto them as mementos.  Great work on the completions though and thanks for joining!  By the way, have you played Fist of the North Star: Lost Judgement?

Here's your tiles!

Spoiler

22XXq7M.png5ylbuso.pngsBQQznc.pngMkoGKeG.pngyJlJQbA.pngWdLcXJ7.pngv95d3vx.pngPKXcahf.pngdA62MTO.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

By the way, have you played Fist of the North Star: Lost Judgement?

Nope, not yet.

If it ever hits PS+, PS Now or whatever I might look into it, but I probably won't buy it on my own. I have absolutely no connection to anime overall, so definitely not to this one either. With easier access to Dead Souls I would try to challenge the LEGENDARY @Inuty in his elite bracket, but without it... I feel like skipping Fist of the North Star for now. I assume you will slowly aim for the top of the pyramid, especially with this being your thread? :P

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jens said:

Nope, not yet.

If it ever hits PS+, PS Now or whatever I might look into it, but I probably won't buy it on my own. I have absolutely no connection to anime overall, so definitely not to this one either. With easier access to Dead Souls I would try to challenge the LEGENDARY @Inuty in his elite bracket, but without it... I feel like skipping Fist of the North Star for now. I assume you will slowly aim for the top of the pyramid, especially with this being your thread? :P

Totally understandable and yes, we have a lot of legendary people in the thread, Inuty included (we had more in Majima's Finest but not everyone has played Yakuza: Like a Dragon yet).  But yes, I will hopefully try to get to the top but it will likely take a while (and there will likely be more game releases between now and then).  I have all of the games I just gotta focus on completing them lol.  But to be fair (to be faaaaiir), I would have done so even without the Let's Play.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Of course and welcome!  Great job with the completions!  Are you planning on picking up the remastered collection or the spin offs too?

Here's your tiles!

Reveal hidden contents

PinwAg2.pngWOyu6Us.pngMn4TI28.pngAB9Vknt.png13pVHhc.png

Thank you!
I already have the Remastered Collection at home and played a bit of Judgment, but not really feeling it. Completed Yakuza 7 last week. What a great game!

• Like 1

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami 2! By far the best gameplay so far & had a way better story than the first game but 0 still had the best story. It is also A LOT easier than 0 & 1. Going to pick up the remastered collection a bit down the line & start going for the plats in those as well. Inching closer to the entire series being done!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObsiEez said:

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami 2! By far the best gameplay so far & had a way better story than the first game but 0 still had the best story. It is also A LOT easier than 0 & 1. Going to pick up the remastered collection a bit down the line & start going for the plats in those as well. Inching closer to the entire series being done!

Awesome job!  That's the game I'm currently playing (currently on Chapter 13, about to wrap up the last substories and Haruka requests).  I also noticed that Kiwami 2 seemed a lot easier than 0 and 1 (though I'm still stuck on 0's Climax Battles).  But in the mean time, great job and hopefully we'll see you soon with the remastered plats!  Here's your tile!

Spoiler

u90NJgK.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome job!  That's the game I'm currently playing (currently on Chapter 13, about to wrap up the last substories and Haruka requests).  I also noticed that Kiwami 2 seemed a lot easier than 0 and 1 (though I'm still stuck on 0's Climax Battles).  But in the mean time, great job and hopefully we'll see you soon with the remastered plats!  Here's your tile!

Hide contents

u90NJgK.png

Damn, which climax battles you stuck on? I honestly found 0's climax battles so much easier than 1's. If I ever did get stumped on one though I'd google a video of someone doing it to get some pointers or try & copy what they do in the video & that usually worked out pretty well for me & would manage to do 'em pretty quickly after that

• Like 1

On 14/11/2020 at 11:29 AM, Clarink said:

-Yakuza 0

-Yakuza Kiwami

-Yakuza Kiwami 2

-Yakuza 3

-Yakuza 4

-Yakuza 5

Adding:

-Yakuza 6: Song of Life

-Judgment

-Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

-Yakuza: Like a Dragon

I FINALLY DID IT. All mainline Yakuza games with bonus for a total of 10 RGG titles. What a journey. One of the best videogame series I've ever had the chance to play. A pleasure from start to finish (with some suffering along the way, I'm looking at you mahjong).

Cheers to y'all present and future kyoudais!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Damn, which climax battles you stuck on? I honestly found 0's climax battles so much easier than 1's. If I ever did get stumped on one though I'd google a video of someone doing it to get some pointers or try & copy what they do in the video & that usually worked out pretty well for me & would manage to do 'em pretty quickly after that

I also found 0 climax battles far easier than Kiwami. In fact I had to take a break from Kiwami because it did not respect my time which frustrated me (10 minutes  of tedium before a hard part, no thanks). Zero had a few battles I had to try upwards of 5-6 times, but they were short, which was crucial for me. Also watched videos before trying though, lol.

• Like 2

Hey guys!  How do you guys feel about the Judgment PS5/Xbox Series X remaster?  I think it's great it's getting one but the prerelease screenshots look a bit off to me so I may stick with the PS4 version for now.  Also, for those wondering, like the PS4 remasters of Yakuza 3-5, you can get either the PS4 or PS5 version of Judgment's platinum to qualify.  On an unrelated side note, I'm very close to completing Kiwami 2 (possible spoilers below).

Spoiler

I was very shocked to see that you could get 100% before finishing the game (I'm only on Chapter 13).  Also, nothing this time really felt hard or over the top.  Even fighting the four Amon brothers was simple and I beat Jo without losing more than a quarter of my health.  Still, I love the upgrades the Dragon Engine brought to the game.  I'm hoping to have this wrapped up in the next week but my niece is over so I might not get a chance to play it.

On 2/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, ObsiEez said:

At the time I got stuck on the dancers with Majima but I've since beaten it.  Now it's more that I'm hooked on Kiwami 2 and haven't gone back to wrap up 0 yet.  Thanks for the advice though, I really appreciate it!

5 hours ago, Clarink said:

Adding:

-Yakuza 6: Song of Life

-Judgment

-Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

-Yakuza: Like a Dragon

I FINALLY DID IT. All mainline Yakuza games with bonus for a total of 10 RGG titles. What a journey. One of the best videogame series I've ever had the chance to play. A pleasure from start to finish (with some suffering along the way, I'm looking at you mahjong).

Cheers to y'all present and future kyoudais!

Awesome job!  Very nice job completing every game and I'm glad you enjoyed the series so much!  Mahjong is definitely the skill gate keeping a lot of people from completing a lot of these games but I find it fun (if not frustrating).  However, this series did introduce me to Koi Koi, which I enjoyed so much I imported some Hanafuda cards from Japan so I could play it with the family.  Do you have access to a PS3 for Dead Souls by the way?  Here's your tiles!

Spoiler

NFXpii7.pngrGOtPb3.png0CZXCZ4.pnghiJsae0.png

5 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I also found 0 climax battles far easier than Kiwami. In fact I had to take a break from Kiwami because it did not respect my time which frustrated me (10 minutes  of tedium before a hard part, no thanks). Zero had a few battles I had to try upwards of 5-6 times, but they were short, which was crucial for me. Also watched videos before trying though, lol.

Yes, Kiwami's climax battles were very frustrating and I had to take a break with some of them, but I powered through them.  I think that was part of the reason I was so reluctant to keep going with 0's but I appreciate your input.  I'll probably go back to 0 once I wrap up Kiwami 2.

• Like 3

Just a minor update.  I've just completed Kiwami 2 and it was an awesome ride (and the platinum was much easier this time).  I also completed half of the Climax Battles in 0 (just need millionaire and ultimate) so I really hope I can beat those and claim my 0 tile as well.  And, just as a show of comradery, I've posted my own tile.

Spoiler

5fA4Y2D.png

• Like 2

I would like to join. So far I have the Platinum for Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 5 and Judgement.

Yakuza 6 is waiting in my Shelf to get installed and enjoyed, just need to find some time for it. ?

On 6.2.2021 at 4:33 AM, TomoTakino said:

Just a minor update.  I've just completed Kiwami 2 and it was an awesome ride (and the platinum was much easier this time).

Kiwami 2 was the reason I went after the Platinums for the other games. I started with Kiwami 1 and just couldn`t get past the car-chase. So I have given up on it and went to Yakuza 0. But this one was not really much easier, especially the Climax Battles. ? Then I started Kiwami 2 and *Bling* the Platinum was done. Of course I couldn`t have the Platinum just for Kiwami 2 while the other games where without it. So I went back to Kiwami 1 after 6 months of a break and got the car-chase done first try. Climax Battles still made me sweating and shaking like I would collapse, but this feeling of finally got something that hard done was just amazing. This even changed my way of Trophy-Hunting. After I got the Platinums for such hard games I knew I could get every other game done (except Stardew Valley with this stupid Prairie King Minigame...mh...well...maybe some day I try it again ?).

When you make the Mahjong Pieces could please let the "_one" out. Just BlueDevl would be great. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlueDevl_one said:

I would like to join. So far I have the Platinum for Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 5 and Judgement.

Yakuza 6 is waiting in my Shelf to get installed and enjoyed, just need to find some time for it. 1f605.png

Kiwami 2 was the reason I went after the Platinums for the other games. I started with Kiwami 1 and just couldn`t get past the car-chase. So I have given up on it and went to Yakuza 0. But this one was not really much easier, especially the Climax Battles. 1f605.png Then I started Kiwami 2 and *Bling* the Platinum was done. Of course I couldn`t have the Platinum just for Kiwami 2 while the other games where without it. So I went back to Kiwami 1 after 6 months of a break and got the car-chase done first try. Climax Battles still made me sweating and shaking like I would collapse, but this feeling of finally got something that hard done was just amazing. This even changed my way of Trophy-Hunting. After I got the Platinums for such hard games I knew I could get every other game done (except Stardew Valley with this stupid Prairie King Minigame...mh...well...maybe some day I try it again 1f602.png).

When you make the Mahjong Pieces could please let the "_one" out. Just BlueDevl would be great. Thanks in advance.

Of course, welcome to the thread and great job completing so many games in the series!  I enjoyed your story by the way, the car chase was a huge roadblock for me in Kiwami.  And having just wrapped up Yakuza 0 (and being fearful of the car chase/climax battles), I know exactly what you mean but it is very rewarding when you finally wrap up a Yakuza platinum.  But that's very inspiring knowing that led to you completing other tough games!  And thanks for letting me know how you wanted your name on your tile, it makes things a lot easier!

Also, just a heads up if you weren't aware, the 1.5 patch that will be releasing soon on consoles makes the Fector's Challenge trophy much easier (you can save between levels, keeping your perfect run so you just have to focus on the boss).  So hopefully whenever the patch passes certification that trophy will become a lot easier.  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

F9pTJQW.pngIQT6OvE.pngH69dZc6.pngCCG1TpH.pngdt833dF.pngEakNBk9.pngZZSREtD.png

Also, another update.  I managed to complete Yakuza 0.  My thoughts (and tile for comradery) are under the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

After 200 hours, Yakuza 0 is complete and I must say, I loved this game a ton.  So much cool stuff, I loved playing as Majima and Kiryu and the story was very impactful for both players.  I love seeing Majima more subdued and learning how he got his crazy persona and Kiryu's struggle with the Tojo clan and Nishikiyama was great.  There was a huge amount of stuff to do in this game too which kept distracting me as I played.  The climax battles was a huge worry for me but like the above posters mentioned, it was relatively tame this time around.  The only times I really tripped up were the dancing game, Majima's slugger battle (ran out of time a lot), the Shakedown fight in the alley and the ultimate battle against Sera.  But even then, I managed to beat them after several tries (though the Sera fight took me a couple hours).  The car chase on Legend was a huge worry but after I beat it the first time, I managed to power through the next section and beat Chapter 13 on my third try.  Same with the finale, which I managed to beat on my third try as well.  This plat was a huge amount of work but I love this game and without question if I replay the series, this will be one I jump to.  Now onto Yakuza 3, which from the looks of the trophy list might be the toughest one yet to complete.

Ch0yl6m.png

• Like 2

I’ve just really got into the Yakuza games after bouncing off them in the past (mainly because I’m a completionist, and initially the CP challenges and climax battles where just too daunting) but just finished my legendary platinum runs of 0, K1 and K2 over the last few days, so would like to join the challenge (I’m told 3 is the hardest, and I’ll be starting that soon).

I must say I think this is now my favourite franchise of all time. Frustrating trophies  aside, these really are my ideal games. Great story, high drama, comedy, lots of distractions with mini games and side activities. Looking forward to the challenge of the rest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I’ve just really got into the Yakuza games after bouncing off them in the past (mainly because I’m a completionist, and initially the CP challenges and climax battles where just too daunting) but just finished my legendary platinum runs of 0, K1 and K2 over the last few days, so would like to join the challenge (I’m told 3 is the hardest, and I’ll be starting that soon).

I must say I think this is now my favourite franchise of all time. Frustrating trophies  aside, these really are my ideal games. Great story, high drama, comedy, lots of distractions with mini games and side activities. Looking forward to the challenge of the rest.

Awesome, thanks for joining!  Your description of the games and your journey describe my own experiences with the series pretty accurately as well.  These games fascinate me and hold my attention in ways a lot of other games don't and I'm glad to hear you feel the same way (and I'm sure many people in this thread feel the same as well).  I'm currently just starting Yakuza 3 myself so best of luck to you!  (By the way, just a tip, make sure to start 3 on hard as Legend difficulty only unlocks after beating hard this time).  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

REve4Gs.pngezZVg1X.pngKasuvbz.png

• Like 1

So the original plan was to play Yakuza 7 on the PS5, but it looks like stock shortages for the console are going to continue for quite some time, and I'm not desperate enough for one to go through the hassle of trying to rush through my order before it sells out in like 1 minute flat lol. I'll wait. I've ordered the PS4 version of Y7 instead, which funnily enough is half the price of the PS5 version and comes with a free upgrade anyway. It will probably be a couple of months before I start the game since I have my hands full with other stuff at the moment, but still, I'm looking forward to it. 

On 04/02/2021 at 5:29 PM, TomoTakino said:

Hey guys!  How do you guys feel about the Judgment PS5/Xbox Series X remaster?  I think it's great it's getting one but the prerelease screenshots look a bit off to me so I may stick with the PS4 version for now

I totally agree with you there. When I watched the reveal trailer, I knew something seemed off to me. It was only after I saw comparisons to the original PS4 game that it became clear why that was. They really messed up with the lighting in the remaster and the character models don't look quite right to me either. I'm definitely glad I played the game on PS4, haha.

• Like 1

I played  Yakuza 0 on PC and then bought Kiwami 1 and 2, the Remastered Collection and Yakuza 6 for PS4. I have been playing them in order and now I'm on Yakuza 5 and I'm having lots of fun! The taxi missions are awesome! 

How cool would be if we could get a "Tokyo Taxi Simulator" game with a big city like Tokyo mapped in detail. A man can dream haha.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 0:34 PM, Undead Wolf said:

So the original plan was to play Yakuza 7 on the PS5, but it looks like stock shortages for the console are going to continue for quite some time, and I'm not desperate enough for one to go through the hassle of trying to rush through my order before it sells out in like 1 minute flat lol. I'll wait. I've ordered the PS4 version of Y7 instead, which funnily enough is half the price of the PS5 version and comes with a free upgrade anyway. It will probably be a couple of months before I start the game since I have my hands full with other stuff at the moment, but still, I'm looking forward to it. 

I totally agree with you there. When I watched the reveal trailer, I knew something seemed off to me. It was only after I saw comparisons to the original PS4 game that it became clear why that was. They really messed up with the lighting in the remaster and the character models don't look quite right to me either. I'm definitely glad I played the game on PS4, haha.

Yeah, I totally understand there buddy.  At least you'll eventually be able to play the PS5 version if you're still interested by the time you get one (and at the very least, RE8 is also coming to PS4 with a free upgrade so hopefully that will lessen the blow a bit).  Hopefully by summer they'll be more common.  And to be honest, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.  Hopefully it looks better by the time it releases but if not, at least the PS4 version is still backwards compatible.  Good luck with your completions, you got some tough games lined up!

On 2/13/2021 at 0:44 PM, dany4k_93 said:

I played  Yakuza 0 on PC and then bought Kiwami 1 and 2, the Remastered Collection and Yakuza 6 for PS4. I have been playing them in order and now I'm on Yakuza 5 and I'm having lots of fun! The taxi missions are awesome! 

How cool would be if we could get a "Tokyo Taxi Simulator" game with a big city like Tokyo mapped in detail. A man can dream haha.

Awesome, welcome!  I'm currently on Yakuza 3 and I'm loving it (though Pool is frustrating me).  And that's an awesome idea for a game.  The real question would be whether Sega will go Crazy Tazi with it or more realistic.  Still, that would be a fun game.

20 hours ago, KantoRyu said:

Update: 5 is done, and what an incredible ride it was to platinum it again! Such a fantastic experience overall. I hadn’t played anything else in months, but it still took me a lot longer than it should have due to uni and life in general. Next up, Ishin.

Great job with the completion and best of luck with Ishin!  I'm excited to play 5, I love the idea of having 5 separate protagonists (though it will likely be a while before I get there).  I played a bit of Ishin and it was amazing but the language barrier was throwing me off (I'm slowly learning Japanese and can read Katakana/Hiragana but I'm a far cry from Kanji or fully understanding what I'm reading).  Awesome job though!  Here's your tile!

Spoiler

ujMpuJO.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome, welcome!  I'm currently on Yakuza 3 and I'm loving it (though Pool is frustrating me).

I’ve just started the pool mini game too and, strange as it may seem, I’ve found the best way to ensure a shot goes straight when pulling back is actually visually rather than by feel. I hold the pad up in front of the screen so the stick is in silhouette, then pull down whilst ensuring both sides of the stick stay straight. Then just let the natural bounce back of the stick make the shot when I release.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I’ve just started the pool mini game too and, strange as it may seem, I’ve found the best way to ensure a shot goes straight when pulling back is actually visually rather than by feel. I hold the pad up in front of the screen so the stick is in silhouette, then pull down whilst ensuring both sides of the stick stay straight. Then just let the natural bounce back if the stick make the shot when I release.

Good advice, I'll have to try it.  I beat 9 ball and most of rotation already (just stuck on the expert guy) but I'm dreading 8 ball at this point.