Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

30 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Hello everyone!  This isn't so much an update but to share excitement that three games just got announced yesterday!  For those who weren't aware, the series will now have a new name "Like a Dragon" (reverting to a translation of the Japanese name) so the thread title will be adjusted accordingly.  Not only that, but we're getting an official translation of "Ishin", a spin off titled "LAD: The Man Who Erased His Name" and Like a Dragon 8!  Also, for you PC gamers, Judgment and Lost Judgment just got released recently!  Things are looking great for this series!

I am so hyped about Ishin finally getting an NA release! I really gotta catch up with the series since they'll be added characters from the ones I haven't played yet now. Though not like I'm in a rush to complete them!

• Like 2

On 15/09/2022 at 7:50 AM, TomoTakino said:

Hello everyone!  This isn't so much an update but to share excitement that three games just got announced yesterday!  For those who weren't aware, the series will now have a new name "Like a Dragon" (reverting to a translation of the Japanese name) so the thread title will be adjusted accordingly.  Not only that, but we're getting an official translation of "Ishin", a spin off titled "LAD: The Man Who Erased His Name" and Like a Dragon 8!  Also, for you PC gamers, Judgment and Lost Judgment just got released recently!  Things are looking great for this series!

So excited too! Finished the main games I had access to so Ishin is great, plus lots more Kiyru, which I’m all for as I’ve not been able to connect with Ichiban yet.

now all I need is Dead Souls remake!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 9:31 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I'm ashamed that this thread has existed for three years and I have just now discovered it. Sign me up. I have Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 & Kiwami 2 all done.

Always happy to have new members no matter when they join!  Thanks for joining, hope you enjoy it!  Are you planning on playing Yakuza 3 soon?  Thanks again and here are your tiles!

Spoiler

DkPikzt.pngn9I5km8.pngqC7Xj48.png

On 9/22/2022 at 10:18 PM, Moridin83 said:

So it's been a minute since I posted here, but I finally came back to the series and beat Yakuza 5. Man that game is a beast to plat. Not my fave in the series, but still a worthy addition. I hear 6 is a lot easier, so hopefully I won't need as long a break before that one.

Great job!  I'm currently playing through Yakuza 5 here and there with the wife and I really enjoy it but I can tell it's a huge game with lots to do.  And I have heard 6 is a bit easier to plat.  Thanks for the update, here's your tile!

Spoiler

z9cJazG.png

On 9/27/2022 at 1:00 AM, bogaards1997 said:

Will there be an alt tile for the Ishin remake, or do both counts as one?

There will likely be a new tile for Ishin since it's technically releasing as Ishin Kiwami in Japan (and will likely have a new trophy list on top of it).  But your thoughts and input is always welcome.

On 10/2/2022 at 11:58 AM, Taruta13 said:

The guy who coaches my exercise sessions is going through this game and lovin' every minute of it. :D

Nice!  Have you tried it yourself?  They're really addicting games.

I'll take this opportunity to throw my hat in the ring, hopefully I'll remember to update with completions in the future.

I've done all the mainline games (0-6 PS4, Like a Dragon PS5), as well as Judgment and Lost Judgment. (PS4, PS5, JP and Asia stack)

Currently working my way through Ishin and looking forward to full series completion.

I think I like this series a little

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2022 at 8:07 PM, Taruta13 said:

Not really into the series, but... <_<

To each their own!  You're always welcome if you want to join!

On 10/17/2022 at 0:27 AM, NaruHina_FTW said:

I'll take this opportunity to throw my hat in the ring, hopefully I'll remember to update with completions in the future.

I've done all the mainline games (0-6 PS4, Like a Dragon PS5), as well as Judgment and Lost Judgment. (PS4, PS5, JP and Asia stack)

Currently working my way through Ishin and looking forward to full series completion.

I think I like this series a little

Welcome to the thread!  I like the username!  Great job on your completions by the way!  Very impressive with multi region stacks of several games!  Which one has been your favorite?  Are you planning on playing Fist of the North Star?  Thanks of, here are your tiles!

Spoiler

mMGGNfe.png0ydGkIx.pngwKlYOXC.pngpbfmGAZ.png9bR5FK3.pngCObG6Vy.png6sTAx6P.pngQATZv1O.pngIl366PR.png7p91H4M.pngaECYAnj.png

On 10/17/2022 at 1:25 AM, bogaards1997 said:

You could use the dope new artwork used to promote the game on the tile.

That's most likely what I'll do.  Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll probably work on that tile once I get a chance.

On 10/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, Moridin83 said:

Well, I was accurate about a shorter break at least! Yakuza 6 plat is done as well, and I'm finished with the Kiryu saga until next year at least.1f601.png

Great job on the completion!  I have heard Yakuza 6 is a bit easier to plat than other games in the series but I'm not quite there yet.  Here's your tile!

Spoiler

gaSLrpB.png

On 10/18/2022 at 9:34 PM, superian0207 said:

OMG i love this series, i have done Yakuza 0-6 and Judgment 1, how could i join?

Of course you can join!  I've already added you in, all you have to do is post!  Great job on the completions!  Are you planning on playing Like a Dragon soon?  Here are your tiles, thanks for joining!

Spoiler

BD0jtGL.pngH0hsioY.pngsOXFB5l.pngsLsQAcF.png5lqGM0P.pngBOL0qsA.png5FBJKip.pngEk1v8gq.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am done with Yakuza 3 had fun with it, I hated pool and my feelings towards all the versions of the batting mini game have not changed one bit. Also damn the RGN, hours and hours trying to get the Exposed Dragon trophy.

I also played a bit of Like a Dragon (7), is definitely different but what I've played so far I enjoyed. I am moving on to Yakuza 4, the last one I need to finish Kiryu's saga. I plan on finishing 4 first because I am not sure I will be keeping my Extra subscription after it finish in a month or two.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone and happy Ishin day!  I hope you all are doing well and I appreciate the patience.  You can now earn this shiny new Like a Dragon: Ishin badge.  See the spoiler for what it looks like!  Of course, starting today, that means Majima's Finest and Dragons of Dojima will require it so the lists have been updated to reflect that.  Please play it and pick it up if you haven't already.  The Japanese version was cool and the fact that they brought it stateside is awesome.  Hopefully it does well enough to make Kenzan Kiwami.

Spoiler

6M9vuVp.png

On 1/18/2023 at 4:11 PM, vanslayder said:

Nice. I am having all main games Yakuza 0 - Yakuza 7 Like a dragon.

Am I qualify for Tojo clan captain?

Hello and yes, you qualify!  Welcome to the thread.  Thanks for joining.  Have you tried any of the spin offs yet?  They're pretty fun!  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

J5WIy09.pngHjkN1vI.pngkFogIIE.pngtT1G1OC.pngtnOWEi3.pngZRTZ7Wc.pngV20S11N.pngiDkD4Lh.png

On 1/19/2023 at 2:46 PM, dark_moon689 said:

I am done with Yakuza 3 had fun with it, I hated pool and my feelings towards all the versions of the batting mini game have not changed one bit. Also damn the RGN, hours and hours trying to get the Exposed Dragon trophy.

I also played a bit of Like a Dragon (7), is definitely different but what I've played so far I enjoyed. I am moving on to Yakuza 4, the last one I need to finish Kiryu's saga. I plan on finishing 4 first because I am not sure I will be keeping my Extra subscription after it finish in a month or two.

Yakuza 3 is one I've been struggling with simply because the engine is so much older it makes it harder.  I enjoyed the story but the mini games were a bit annoying so I feel your pain going for that mahjong trophy.  Congrats on beating 3 and 4.  Only Like a Dragon left and you'll be a Tojo Clan Captain!  Here's your tiles!

Spoiler

XuaT02U.pngFqdes77.png

• Like 3

On 2/25/2023 at 4:05 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

I’ll be getting Ishin at some point, but it’ll have a difficult time with releasing the same month as PSVR2 and Hogwarts. One I’ll likely get after 6 months or so I think, otherwise I won’t be able to give it the attention it deserves.

I completely understand.  Hogwarts and Ishin are both fun but huge games that demand a lot of time.  Enjoy them when you can.  PSVR2 looks cool too but the only game I'd probably play on it is RE8.

15 hours ago, tanonero said:

Please sign me up! I love the series and have 100%'d Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, and Yakuza 6: The Song of Life. I am now gathering the courage to start Yakuza 3 Remastered1f62c.png

Of course!  Welcome to the thread!  Yakuza 3 Remastered is definitely a challenge.  I've nearly gotten the platinum but it's a lot of tedium.  The story is great though.  Hope you enjoy it!  Best of luck.  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

AB6DVq7.pngEThfGvj.pngTkGyj4l.pngtf2yScO.png

• Like 1