Trophy Thoughts

Liav222

So it would seem Torchlight 2 is finally heading to consoles.

Game is pretty fun, if you liked Diablo you'll definitely enjoy this. I beat the game on PC and might just double dip.

Trophy list seems reasonable, most trophies are story related and the game is about 15 hours long.

I can't recall how much of a grind it is to get to level 100 and I didn't try beating the game on Hardcore but I'd imagine it's not that hard, would love to hear from people who actually did either (or both).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Liav222 said:

So it would seem Torchlight 2 is finally heading to consoles.

Game is pretty fun, if you liked Diablo you'll definitely enjoy this. I beat the game on PC and might just double dip.

Trophy list seems reasonable, most trophies are story related and the game is about 15 hours long.

I can't recall how much of a grind it is to get to level 100 and I didn't try beating the game on Hardcore but I'd imagine it's not that hard, would love to hear from people who actually did either (or both).

I think it will be easy. You can use the savegame trick to finish hardcore.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

I never played this, but it looks like d3 a lot, my question is any1 knows a good barbarian build?

Either Engineer with steampunk elements or Berserker that uses spirits.

Engineer is a safer bet, easier to adapt with and you can just faceroll through the game with the correct hammer build. 10.000 damage trophy will come naturally with it.

I'm waiting on this game, will be my third time going for 100%.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

Either Engineer with steampunk elements or Berserker that uses spirits.

Engineer is a safer bet, easier to adapt with and you can just faceroll through the game with the correct hammer build. 10.000 damage trophy will come naturally with it.

I'm waiting on this game, will be my third time going for 100%.

K , sounds great is there a good side to see them builds?

So on Steam, the Unstoppable achievement can only be done on Elite mode. However, the trophy doesn't specify a difficulty so hopefully it can be done on Casual. That'll be the make or break trophy for those that don't want to cheese it by cloud saving. 

Edited by Killbomb

23 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

This doesn't look anything like Diablo 3 other than the camera view.

If somebody likes Diablo 3 then they will probably like Torchlight 2 since they are both loot-based hack and slash ARPGs. Some of the people that worked on Diablo 2 worked on Torchlight 2 as well.  

Edited by Killbomb

On 2019-08-31 at 9:11 AM, MidnightDragon said:

Looks easy enough, though hardcore might be a challenge. Still wish they had released the original on PlayStation as well. Oh, well.

I only have played the original on PC, so would've liked that as well. :( But this will be a good shot to try out the sequel.

10 hours ago, Killbomb said:

If somebody likes Diablo 3 then they will probably like Torchlight 2 since they are both loot-based hack and slash ARPGs. Some of the people that worked on Diablo 2 worked on Torchlight 2 as well.  

I'm hoping it's good because I have an rpg itch that needs to be scratched badly right now and I haven't been finding anything that piques my interest. Like, at all.

FYI to anyone planning to buy this on launch, it released in Australia 11 hours ago and it's actually not available to download, there's no option. Can be sent to download list from PC/app, but doesn't appear on console. Seen reports of it happening with others too so it's not isolated. Awaiting response from Sony Support but depending on when it's fixed it may not be available to download immediately upon releasing in other countries.

Edited by Archavia
  • Like 1

Anyone know if these trophies are missable? They all look like they belong to bosses I imagine would be encountered during side quests. I recall playing this when it came out on PC and having a pretty good time with it but ultimately I always put ti down after a few hours.

I will probably pick this up when it launches tomorrow as I have been having a good ARPG itch but the recent Warhammer game didn't really pique my interests.