Weapon Form Unavailable

mrsoy89

1 hour ago, mrsoy89 said:

Any one else having issues with getting the Charge Weapon Form? I've finished the story and done 12 side missions. Haven't had any weapon upgrades since around main mission 4 either.

Same, except mine was for the Pearce form.

Finished the game and platinumed it, I never got the option to upgrade it. Have every other weapon up to LV3.

Just now, Valkirye22 said:

Finished the game and platinumed it, I never got the option to upgrade it. Have every other weapon up to LV3.

I'm not getting the option to upgrade my weapons either. Just getting "No Weapon Forms Available". Getting a gun to level 3 is one of my last trophies too :(

Just now, Mystica_Link said:

I have run into something similar. I have every trophy except for Non-Standard Issue. I haven't been able to upgrade a single weapon to level 3.

Yup. Same. :(

18 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

When are you supposed to get your first level 3 weapon. This is the only trophy I'm missing. 

Just now, Mystica_Link said:

When are you supposed to get your first level 3 weapon. This is the only trophy I'm missing. 

All I can tell you guys is that it doesn't show up no matter how much further you push in the game.

Depending on how far in you are, I'd suggest starting a new one or leaving it for a second play just for that trophy.

The trophy is for any weapon, I upgraded Grip (standard first gun) first, because I used it the most. Got it even before 50% story with some side missions included.

1 minute ago, Valkirye22 said:

All I can tell you guys is that it doesn't show up no matter how much further you push in the game.

Depending on how far in you are, I'd suggest starting a new one or leaving it for a second play just for that trophy.

The trophy is for any weapon, I upgraded Grip (standard first gun) first, because I used it the most. Got it even before 50% story with some side missions included.

Just have to start a new game then I guess.

3 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

Been speeding through the game one more time now. Still not getting it. What am I doing wrong?

I believe the weapon forms are tied to materials.

The first time I killed an optional boss & got the unique material from it that only they drop, the level 3 forms for my level 2 guns appeared. Level 2 ones were the same. I think they appear when you get a material for the first time that is part of the materials required for the upgrade.

My only exception is the Piercer, mine is stuck at level one, I have been looking online though & the Piercer issue seems to be a prevalent one, I've not seen anyone yet say they have successfully upgraded I'd to 2 or 3.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I believe the weapon forms are tied to materials.

The first time I killed an optional boss & got the unique material from it that only they drop, the level 3 forms for my level 2 guns appeared. Level 2 ones were the same. I think they appear when you get a material for the first time that is part of the materials required for the upgrade.

My only exception is the Piercer, mine is stuck at level one, I have been looking online though & the Piercer issue seems to be a prevalent one, I've not seen anyone yet say they have successfully upgraded I'd to 2 or 3.

Could be but at this point I have finished the story, done all side missions, bought every skill, visited every hidden location and unfogged the entire map but still nothing. 

1 hour ago, Mystica_Link said:

The trophy is clearly glitched. I have done everything as well. Still nothing. 

The trophy is for upgrading only one (any) weapon to LV3.

If you're not getting the upgrade option for any of the weapon forms then you have a gnarly glitch and you should restart. Pearcer that I had, and is above mentioned as mostly prevalent, is unfortunate but we were still able to upgrade all the other ones - trophy-wise you're ok.

Looking at the timeline of my trophies - i got the weapon upgrade trophy (for the Grip gun) before i finished story mission No. 6 (some side missions obviously)

I haven't used much of the Spin/Charge/Shotguny form aside from Board Countermeasure events but I had all of them upgraded to the max by story mission 8-9. Not sooner only due to missing certain materials but the option was there just unavailable.

For the Pearcer upgrade it never even showed at any point after building the base version.

Ok so, started new game. Got to main mission 8 and it the level 3 Grip upgrade appeared in the Astral Constructs menu. Can't purchase it yet as I need 9 more Remote Thoughts lol but it's there. Starting a new game is the fix.

Edit: purchased upgrade and got the platinum. 

Edited by mrsoy89

I have started my 2nd play through as well because of the trophy glitch, when is level 3 available? I just upgraded my weapon to level 2 again and I'm at mission 6.

Edit: I'm at mission 8 now and still didn't get it the choice to upgrade to level 3...

Edited by cirifionas

1 hour ago, cirifionas said:

I have started my 2nd play through as well because of the trophy glitch, when is level 3 available? I just upgraded my weapon to level 2 again and I'm at mission 6.

Edit: I'm at mission 8 now and still didn't get it the choice to upgrade to level 3...

As far as it looks by now if you got LV2 you should be getting LV3 soon as well. If it glitches it glitches on LV1 not LV2. 

I'm not sure if the LV3 specific materials are possible connected to the mini-bosses

Spoiler

(Former, Mold-1, Hiss department heads...)

I checked and written above that I had the Grip form LV3 before mission 6 with all side missions up to that point cleared as well. And all other weapon forms (except Pearcer that glitched for me) upgraded to the max by story mission 8-9.

If it doesn't give you the option to upgrade check some side missions, however, I'm not sure what the specific requirements are / if there are any for upgrades aside from the necessary material some of which might be boss drops or mission reward. 

If they are connected to enemy drops I think a good option is to do the

Spoiler

Altered Items search for Lang.. something - dude at Panopticon and Underhill to get rid of the Mold in the Pit (Research Div)

On 31/08/2019 at 9:33 PM, Valkirye22 said:

Same as you! I managed to upgrade first the weapons as soon as I could and then, the abilities and capacities. 

8 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

As far as it looks by now if you got LV2 you should be getting LV3 soon as well. If it glitches it glitches on LV1 not LV2. 

I'm not sure if the LV3 specific materials are possible connected to the mini-bosses

Reveal hidden contents

(Former, Mold-1, Hiss department heads...)

I checked and written above that I had the Grip form LV3 before mission 6 with all side missions up to that point cleared as well. And all other weapon forms (except Pearcer that glitched for me) upgraded to the max by story mission 8-9.

If it doesn't give you the option to upgrade check some side missions, however, I'm not sure what the specific requirements are / if there are any for upgrades aside from the necessary material some of which might be boss drops or mission reward. 

If they are connected to enemy drops I think a good option is to do the

Reveal hidden contents

Altered Items search for Lang.. something - dude at Panopticon and Underhill to get rid of the Mold in the Pit (Research Div)

On my first playthrough I did everything and got all trophies already yet I couldn't upgrade to level 3, even though I could upgrade to level 2, I couldnt even pick up materials anymore even though they appeared white (not red) on the ground and didn't tell me what they were :/ so I really don't know what to do... Is it bugged again because I am still stuck at lv 2 weapons on mission 8? Which side quest should I do? The Langston side quest? 

Maybe I need the materials to unlock it to level 3? Which materials do I need for the grip or spin as I have them both on Lv 2 already? 

Edited by cirifionas

11 hours ago, cirifionas said:

On my first playthrough I did everything and got all trophies already yet I couldn't upgrade to level 3, even though I could upgrade to level 2, I couldnt even pick up materials anymore even though they appeared white (not red) on the ground and didn't tell me what they were :/ so I really don't know what to do... Is it bugged again because I am still stuck at lv 2 weapons on mission 8? Which side quest should I do? The Langston side quest? 

Maybe I need the materials to unlock it to level 3? Which materials do I need for the grip or spin as I have them both on Lv 2 already? 

Items for Spin level 3:
25000 Source
5 Remote Thought

1 Untapped Potential

5 Astral Blip

I don't know about grip because I had that weapon upgraded to level 3 around mission 4 or 5

Thank you... I really don't know why I can't get the option to upgrade my weapon. Where is Delta again to get the Untapped Potential? Which sector?

AHHH!! I finally got the trophy!

That's what I did:

1) restart the game, override your first glitched playthrough

2) play the main mission till ch. 8 (or till Panopticon where you meet D**** the first time)

3) complete these side missions:

1. A Merry Chase 
  2. What a Mess: Burn the Trash
  3. A Good Defense
  4. A Captive Audience
  5. Fridge Duty

After Fridge Duty I got the option to upgrade my weapon to level 3!

Edited by cirifionas