Weapon Form Unavailable

mrsoy89

I´m so ******* done with this game! Have played through the game via new game 7 times now! Still not getting the option to upgrade a single one of my weapons to level 3. At my wits end here! 

Edit: 

Finally got it. Thank God this is over! 

Edited by Mystica_Link

On 31/08/2019 at 8:33 PM, Valkirye22 said:

Same, except mine was for the Pearce form.

Finished the game and platinumed it, I never got the option to upgrade it. Have every other weapon up to LV3.

On 01/09/2019 at 2:27 AM, ObsceneSociopath said:

I believe the weapon forms are tied to materials.

The first time I killed an optional boss & got the unique material from it that only they drop, the level 3 forms for my level 2 guns appeared. Level 2 ones were the same. I think they appear when you get a material for the first time that is part of the materials required for the upgrade.

My only exception is the Piercer, mine is stuck at level one, I have been looking online though & the Piercer issue seems to be a prevalent one, I've not seen anyone yet say they have successfully upgraded I'd to 2 or 3.

UGH. I'm having this issue too, went to make a forum post about it and saw this.

I have Pierce at Level 2, everything else at level 1 (Shatter might be Level 2 as well, can't remember, use the gun a lot so I'll check when I'm home).  Neither have a Level 3 upgrade option and I've done all side-bosses, although I have 2 main missions left so I'll do those first before panicking.

I still don't have a Level 3 option I'm going to probably have to bite the bullet and upgrade Grip from Level 1 to Level 3 in a new playthrough (I get the impression this won't take TOO long, people have said they've gotten this done by Mission 5). 

Credit to Twinfinite, but this chart should be handy if you're farming for materials. 

Material Where to Get More
Undefined Reading Executive
House Memory Executive
Ritual Impulse Maintenance
Threshold Remnant           Maintenance
Intrusive Pattern Research
Astral Blip Research
Remote Thought Containment
Entropic Echo   Containment
Hidden Trend    Alpha
Untapped Potential

Delta

8 hours ago, Mystica_Link said:

I´m so ******* done with this game! Have played through the game via new game 7 times now! Still not getting the option to upgrade a single one of my weapons to level 3. At my wits end here! 

Ouch. I'm so sorry. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

15 hours ago, ZenRhino said:

The Level 3 upgrades for Grip and Shatter unlocked the moment I defeated The Anchor. 

All seems very random. 

I haven't tried upgrading Grip to Level 2 yet, and I'm close, so I'll do so after the main story and report back if Level 3 becomes instantly available. I've already defeated Anchor. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

I got it wrong, it was Shatter I had Level 2 in, not Pierce, which further corroborates claims that Pierce can't be upgraded beyond Level 1. 

Spent a bit of time on lunch break and I have now Level 2 in all but Pierce and Charge, and NO Level 3s?? Not sure what's going on. At the end of Polaris level. 

20 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Items for Spin level 3:
25000 Source
5 Remote Thought

1 Untapped Potential

5 Astral Blip

I don't know about grip because I had that weapon upgraded to level 3 around mission 4 or 5

Where is Delta, please??

Edited by PhantomFear94

11 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I truly have no clue where delta is. Maybe it is a piece of the map that is "unmapped" Maybe it is a side mission. And I can't remember where I got that item.
And PhantomFear94, did you complete all sidequest and bosses?

I have finished all main missions and all side missions, have 3 weapons at Level 2, and no options to unlock anything further at Level 3, only construct charge. I literally have no idea what to do now, and it appears a lot of people are having the same issue. The only thing I can think of is that I never constructed the charge weapon form, and that they may all unlock after that. Wouldn't take me too long to test that hypothesis, but I'll need to farm 10 "Remote Thought" materials from the Containment Sector. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

Update: Think I'm bugged out of this for good. Advice from bboysunny93 didn't work (for me personally). I have started a new playthrough, wiping my old saves, and have been constructing forms IMMEDIATELY as they become available (i.e. I drop everything and farm for materials before moving on). I am at Mission 5, and I haven't even had a Level 2 schematic yet (I have nothing in there for now).  Apparently, I should have had Grip Level 2 by now. Been told you also need to upgrade to Level 2 in your given weapon form before Fridge Duty by someone who got it, and that side mission SHOULD give you a Level 3 schematic upon completion. Thus far, I have had no such luck. No idea what to do now. ?

Only thing I can verify for certain is that weapon forms do become available after picking up a needed material for the very first time. Happened every time. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Update: Think I'm bugged out of this for good. Advice from bboysunny93 didn't work (for me personally). I have started a new playthrough, wiping my old saves, and have been constructing forms IMMEDIATELY as they become available (i.e. I drop everything and farm for materials before moving on). I am at Mission 5, and I haven't even had a Level 2 schematic yet (I have nothing in there for now).  Apparently, I should have had Grip Level 2 by now. Been told you also need to upgrade to Level 2 in your given weapon form before Fridge Duty by someone who got it, and that side mission SHOULD give you a Level 3 schematic upon completion. Thus far, I have had no such luck. No idea what to do now. 1f621.png

Only thing I can verify for certain is that weapon forms do become available after picking up a needed material for the very first time. Happened every time. 

this game is really trash

Don't have it yet, but some light at the end of s**t creek. At this point, the evidence seems to suggest that the bug originates from the timing you receive untapped potential (a side-boss related material reward). If you are on Level 1 after getting untapped potential, it would seem that you will get locked out of receiving the Level 3 upgrade as that is the material which triggers Level 3 schematics.

Current information suggests you must upgrade to Level 2 before doing a side mission rewarding Untapped Potential (Fridge Duty, The Enemy Within, Old Growth, Self-Reflection, Mr. Tommasi - not 100% ALL give Untapped Potential, but some definitely do). Don't do any of these side missions for now until you've got some Level 2 weapons. I'll hopefully confirm this tonight/tomorrow, as I have the Level 2 Shatter and I know what I need to trigger the Level 2 Grip schematic (I don't have Hidden Trend as I've been blitzing through and ignoring Bureau Alerts, for Hidden Trend, beat named enemies through Bureau Alerts). Thanks to bboysunny93, cirifionas, Mystica_Link, Valkirie22, xI KaZaR Ix (TrueAchievements) and baazfury (TrueAchievements) for the help

p.s. I can confirm that constructs and upgrades are tied to finding materials. They only unlock after you find the first of each required material.

Edited by PhantomFear94

@Fr_0zt This was my reply in another thread on the same issue: 

“I’m still stuck in a rut. I already beat the game before the patch and never had the chance to upgrade pierce to level 2. Post-patch, I’m still unable to upgrade anything up to level 3. Strangely enough, if I craft a mod and then open up the weapon schematics option I suddenly am able to craft pierce level 2 (but not before). Even when I craft pierce lvl 2, I still am prohibited from upgrading anything to level 3. So I feel like I’m still screwed and have to do another playthru.”

Any tips you have that may have worked for you would be greatly appreciate it. But from what I tested this morning in my short time available, it seemed like I was still unable to do anything since I had already completed the relevant side missions a long time ago.

55 minutes ago, tmansep22 said:

@Fr_0zt This was my reply in another thread on the same issue: 

“I’m still stuck in a rut. I already beat the game before the patch and never had the chance to upgrade pierce to level 2. Post-patch, I’m still unable to upgrade anything up to level 3. Strangely enough, if I craft a mod and then open up the weapon schematics option I suddenly am able to craft pierce level 2 (but not before). Even when I craft pierce lvl 2, I still am prohibited from upgrading anything to level 3. So I feel like I’m still screwed and have to do another playthru.”

Any tips you have that may have worked for you would be greatly appreciate it. But from what I tested this morning in my short time available, it seemed like I was still unable to do anything since I had already completed the relevant side missions a long time ago.

Nope, sorry. Everything was at 3 before and pierce at lvl 1.  After the update I was finally able to get it all the way to 3.