Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NERVergoproxy

Final Fantasy XIV : ARR What server will you be in?

What server will you pick?   31 members have voted

1. 1. What NA server will you pick?

• Adamantoise
    • Behemoth
    • Cactuar
    • Coeurl
    • Diabolos
    • Gilgamesh
    • Goblin
    • Leviathan
    • Malboro
    • Midgardsormr
    • Ultros
    • Balmung (LEGACY)
    • Excalibur (LEGACY)
    • Hyperion (LEGACY)
    • Sargatanas (LEGACY)
    • Cerberus
    • Moogle
    • Odin
    • Shiva

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

66 posts in this topic

Alright, well, when the time comes ya all can gladly add me to your friends list and all, i'll get the linkshell up and running in phase 4 beta and early access. I'll be, an Archer, then Bard with some specific skills from other clasess,  be a Weaver, Leatherworker, Carpenter, Miner, Gatherer. i spent a lot of time in the beta looking over things and setting up a plan of action on what to do and how to do things to get what i want leveled as efficiently as possible. so, ya will be able to come to me for any needs that are related to those things. i'll dabble a little bit in other stuff but no need for my main goal... for now.

Quick questions:

1. If you choose a server are you locked in it forever? Or can you change freely or need to pay?

2. If you can, is it like everything is normal, or do you have to start over a new character for a different server.

I'm so lost.

Quick questions:

1. If you choose a server are you locked in it forever? Or can you change freely or need to pay?

2. If you can, is it like everything is normal, or do you have to start over a new character for a different server.

I'm so lost.

At the moment you will be locked  to a server. you are allowed 1 character per server depending on which subscription you choose. they have something called "duty finder" which allows you to party up with other people form otehr servers to do certain things together; but it is random atm. 1 character can level all the classes/jobs; everything so there's really no reason to make another character. but yes yoru character is locked to a server until further notice.

At the moment you will be locked  to a server. you are allowed 1 character per server depending on which subscription you choose. they have something called "duty finder" which allows you to party up with other people form otehr servers to do certain things together; but it is random atm. 1 character can level all the classes/jobs; everything so there's really no reason to make another character. but yes yoru character is locked to a server until further notice.

So.... If I ever get it, I better make sure I know the server my friends are in?.... *sigh* why so complicated -_-

Although, if atleast making a character for every server is free. Then it's not such a big deal. Granted it will be a pain in the ass starting over, but hey. It's free.

So.... If I ever get it, I better make sure I know the server my friends are in?.... *sigh* why so complicated -_-

Although, if atleast making a character for every server is free. Then it's not such a big deal. Granted it will be a pain in the ass starting over, but hey. It's free.

Yeah, your gonna want to know which server your friends are in before you really go all out leveling and everything on a server since they dont have server transfers; at least it wont be a service on release but who knows later for a fee like every other mmorpgs out there.

◆Legacy

Subscription Period: 30 days

Fee: $9.99

Number of playable characters: 8 per World and up to 40 per service account

* Please visit the URL below for details on the Legacy Campaign.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html#legacy

◆Entry

Fee: $12.99

Number of playable characters: 1 per World and up to 8 per service account

◆Standard

Fee: $14.99

Number of playable characters: 8 per World and up to 40 per service account

So yeah if you get the "Standard" sub, you can make up to 40 characters on your account. But imho... "Entry" is plenty since 1 character can play all classes/jobs.

Nice! yeah I am gonna for sure just get the 180days subscription option. Even though I probably will not feel the need to make more than 1 character. I rather they made the 3month sub a somewhat cheaper price than more characters -_-.

Gilgamesh, mostly because he is my absolute favorite character out of all of the Final Fantasy games. xD

I never got to a dungeon in the phase 3 beta... of course I was a solo player and had no friends... forever alone

Dungeons at level 15, practice unlocks at level 10. Get friendly with the duty finder as soon as you are able. It's an amazing feature

Dungeons at level 15, practice unlocks at level 10. Get friendly with the duty finder as soon as you are able. It's an amazing feature

I got to level 20 in the beta... like i said i never really played with anyone just by myself. But I cant wait to play now that their are actually people that i some what know lol

Wont you have the best latency with the server that is closest to you, especially for people that arent close to a server, like i usually connect to a EU server and wont choose a USA server for this.

Wont you have the best latency with the server that is closest to you, especially for people that arent close to a server, like i usually connect to a EU server and wont choose a USA server for this.

I am in china and as much as i would love to pair up on the japanese servers i will be fine on the NA servers

Well sir, USA and EU server are from the same data center in Montreal, Canada. So even though it says EU server it doesnt mean the data center is in EU.

edit: So your latency would still be the same if you choose the USA servers but of course Eu server will probably have more EU players.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/06/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-will-have-a-single-data-center-for-north-america-and-europe-epic-e3-trailer-teased/

Edited by Br3akingDawn

Well sir, USA and EU server are from the same data center in Montreal, Canada. So even though it says EU server it doesnt mean the data center is in EU.

edit: So your latency would still be the same if you choose the USA servers but of course Eu server will probably have more EU players.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/06/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-will-have-a-single-data-center-for-north-america-and-europe-epic-e3-trailer-teased/

Ok thanks

Usually people from SA connect to an EU server because it is the closest if we dont have a local server which we seldom do

awww join Midgardsormr, Ill be your best friend  :D

head_banner_alliance_hover.png

Edit: Need your FF fix before open beta!!? get a glimpse of what perils await in the shadows of Eorzea with this video featuring the seven lower level dungeons!

Edited by Br3akingDawn

So the official dates are out for those that wouldnt mind knowing.

Beta Test phase 4 will run from August 17-19.

Those who participated in the Beta Test phase 3 will be able to participate from August 16th.

Early access will run from August 24th until the 26th with official service begins on August 27th.

Looks like I will be changing to Leviathan since cousins think that server is better... oooooK.

Are we ready!? Less hen an hour to go!

So ready. lol. showered. made coffee and got munchies!!

Changing to server Leviathan though :(
Edited by Br3akingDawn