FFVIII Remastered Trophy Thoughts?

What exactly are the missables in this list? What guide should be followed that can get you the missables + story walkthrough?

Steam has a different list and Gamefaqs old guides tend to be overly elaborate and write too much.

I used this guide for FFVII platinum, and it was very concise and line breaks everything for easy understanding.

http://ps3imports.org/forum/index.php?/topic/7166-final-fantasy-vii-platinum-trophy-walkthrough/

Something like this for VIII would be great. If I have to go in blind I guarantee I will miss trophies and/or get stuck; thus not an 'easy' completion like what is being said in these threads.

39 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

What exactly are the missables in this list? What guide should be followed that can get you the missables + story walkthrough?

Steam has a different list and Gamefaqs old guides tend to be overly elaborate and write too much.

I used this guide for FFVII platinum, and it was very concise and line breaks everything for easy understanding.

http://ps3imports.org/forum/index.php?/topic/7166-final-fantasy-vii-platinum-trophy-walkthrough/

Something like this for VIII would be great. If I have to go in blind I guarantee I will miss trophies and/or get stuck; thus not an 'easy' completion like what is being said in these threads.

I think Timber Maniacs and Cards Club Master are missable, pretty sure none of the GFs are missable think you can get them all late game if you forgot to draw any, I'm sure Steam will have a few good, simple achievement guides to follow since this is the same apart from a few trophies this version didn't get.

Edited by CeetooSTK

17 minutes ago, CeetooSTK said:

I think Timber Maniacs and Cards Club Master are missable, pretty sure none of the GFs are missable think you can get them all late game if you forgot to draw any, I'm sure Steam will have a few good, simple achievement guides to follow since this is the same apart from a few trophies this version didn't get.

Diablos is truly missable as you only have one chance to talk to the principal to get the lamp and if you don’t talk to him at the required time he doesn’t give it to you again.

almost every other gf you can draw from an endgame optional dungeon if you missed them

also I’m not sure if it’s an achievemnt/trophy but there is an upgrade for Odin, one of the hidden gfs so that’s technically missable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Diablos is truly missable as you only have one chance to talk to the principal to get the lamp and if you don’t talk to him at the required time he doesn’t give it to you again.

almost every other gf you can draw from an endgame optional dungeon if you missed them

also I’m not sure if it’s an achievemnt/trophy but there is an upgrade for Odin, one of the hidden gfs so that’s technically missable

Realized chocobo world isn't in the remaster despite being in the steam version, so you can't get the magic lamp again so doing Diablos immediately is a must now so you don't accidentally sell it.

Edited by CeetooSTK

28 minutes ago, CeetooSTK said:

Just realized chocobo world isn't in the remaster despite being in the steam version, so you can't get the magic lamp again so doing Diablos immediately is a must now so you don't accidentally sell it.

All Chocobo World items have been transfered to Rinoa's Angelo Search ability. But, unless you use the "Get all items" booster, that one is missable, too. Because it's learnt from a Pet Pals magazine sold in Esthar, and shops could be easily missed there.

If you visited all shops, however, you can re-visit them in CD4 (point of no return) by using Tonberry's Call Shop ability.

ps: it's better not to get Gilgamesh if you want to farm items from Angelo Search. So either don't defeat Seifer in CD3 so you can leave Lunatic Pandora whenever you want, or don't get Odin until CD4.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

All Chocobo World items have been transfered to Rinoa's Angelo Search ability. But, unless you use the "Get all items" booster, that one is missable, too.

Yeah just read an article about that to double check I wasn't missing anything, it's nice they thought about it before they removed the minigame, could be a hassle to grind the magic lamp from the item pool though.

4 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

What optional endgame dungeon? Is this a new addition to the game?

In the original FF8 (without spoiling anything) you had one last chance to get missing GFs during the final dungeon, but even then, if you didn't get them at that point, they were gone for good. Reading through the trophy list and if memory serves, pretty much every GF is missable but Quetzalcoatl, Shiva and Ifrit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vanesamacri said:

What optional endgame dungeon? Is this a new addition to the game?

In the original FF8 (without spoiling anything) you had one last chance to get missing GFs during the final dungeon, but even then, if you didn't get them at that point, they were gone for good. Reading through the trophy list and if memory serves, pretty much every GF is missable but Quetzalcoatl, Shiva and Ifrit.

No sorry I might have misremembered as it’s been years since I played. I thought you could get gfs you missed in the dungeon where you get Eden

Wow, so many confusing missables even coming from people who seem to know the game too well.

If any of you tough guy downplayers calling the game "easy" miss any trophy and get out of order, it will be really ironic.

Can we get a full in-order guide of missables if you guys are so pro?

You people have already ruined this list's reputation and value with the rampant downplaying with yet another "trophy thoughts" thread, and hurting the game's excitement for many, so at least we can get guides out of it?

I have to now come into this feeling like some loser if I even do complete it, that I'm doing a worthless easy list, instead of a detailed big list revisiting an old game that is a miracle to get trophies in the first place. a 50-100 hour plus list with uncheatable elements like the cards and littered with missables, and we are to feel like it's a short joke because people had to once again, before the the game is even out, declare what their "thoughts were". You are all ungrateful.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Took out name calling.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

Wow, so many confusing missables even coming from people who seem to know the game too well.

If any of you tough guy downplayers calling the game "easy" miss any trophy and get out of order, it will be really ironic.

You people have already ruined this list's reputation and value with the rampant downplaying with yet another "trophy thoughts" thread (aka trophy hunter newbs who just started on PS4 act like gods for ego), and hurting the game's excitement for many, so at least we can get guides out of it?

I have to now come into this feeling like some loser if I even do complete it, that I'm doing a worthless easy list, instead of a detailed big list revisiting an old game that is a miracle to get trophies in the first place. a 50-100 hour plus list with uncheatable elements like the cards and littered with missables, and we are to feel like it's a short joke because people had to once again, before the the game is even out, declare what their "thoughts were". You are all ungrateful.

No need to be so arrogant.

The list is easy because it doesn't require much grinding compared to the 2013 Steam edition. For example you don't need to kill 10000 enemies.

Missable items/quests are perfectly normal in Final Fantasy games.

Guides? Either Absolute Steve or Split Infinity's are good, they pretty much everything.

Edited by Lance_87

On 31/8/2019 at 11:30 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Can you recommend any perticular ones?

If you don't want so much uneeded information you can use this missables guide. It only lists missables as you go through. It is meant for the Steam version so it still includes more than you need, but is much more to the point.

Even though low level finish is not a trophy anymore I will still do it that way. I already finished it 3 times before, so doing it in a different way will be more interesting.

Something I never did was completing the card list, so i will be doing that as well =p.

Edited by AndresLionheart

59 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

You people have already ruined this list's reputation and value with the rampant downplaying with yet another "trophy thoughts" thread (aka trophy hunter newbs who just started on PS4 act like gods for ego), and hurting the game's excitement for many, so at least we can get guides out of it?

I assure you I'm still just as excited and I've been waiting for this for YEARS and I'm buying the switch version as well. Do I wish they added every side quest? Yeah of course. Am I going to do those side quests anyway? Hell yes

It's not all about trophys, but many die hard FFVIII fans can look at this list and say it's wayy easier than FFIX(which is good, because the jump rope trophy was a BS trophy in IX).

Also the game is 20 years old, there are an IMMENSE amount of websites with guides specific for each side quest/GF/Card Quest for getting anything thats missable. I know because I used them a longgg time ago. 

And you can bet someone's working/finished a guide right now(not me) on psnp and just waiting to get the necessary trophies to publish it.

And before you respond, know you never have to read a thing on the internet if it bothers you, and that includes a psnprofiles thread.

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Other non-missable summons include Cactuar, Brothers, Tonberry, Bahamut, and Odin (although that one it's not junctionable)

All of those are missable in the sense that you don't get them through story progression. You have to go out of your way and do side activities to get them. If you play the game without knowing how to encounter those GFs beforehand, there's a chance you won't find them.