FFVIII Remastered Trophy Thoughts?

On 9/10/2019 at 8:39 AM, Optinooby said:

I know I card just card bombs in the fire cavern for an hour hoping for 5 rare boss cards, but I just wanna see if its just as easy if you go with the cards you get with natural progression, saves grinding them then

There are definitely certain people you can play against repeatedly to farm certain cards that will together form a near-unbeatable five-card set you can accomplish anything with. The guide posted here might provide details about it, I forget.

4 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

There are definitely certain people you can play against repeatedly to farm certain cards that will together form a near-unbeatable five-card set you can accomplish anything with. The guide posted here might provide details about it, I forget.

Oh yea I sorted it out a while back m8 when I made my Platinum in 8 hours guide, thanks for taking the time and trying to help though ;)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Personally I think the steam list was better - finish with Squall's initial level (he can't level up), and collect all cards for starters. It's like with the remaster there isn't even a challenge. Sure there's defeating the CC members, but if you don't even have to get all the cards then you can skip the Card Queen quest altogether and not have to worry about the 'every rule' battle for Alexander card. So yea it's kind of meh.