Revenant / Memoir Locations

hi44_

38 minutes ago, x__Michy__x said:

I would had gone crazy if you didn't share this, thanks so much!!

You are life (and stress) savior

Haha, no problem! I was going crazy in my playtime. I was missing 2 revenants after I completed the main game, and I made sure to kill every enemy on each ordeal. Just got unlucky with 2 specters spawning as revenants, so I just back-tracked each stage to be sure. Glad the list was able to help in some way.

Edited by hi44_
  • Like 1

Just now, hi44_ said:

Haha, no problem! I was going crazy in my playtime. I was missing 2 revenants after I completed the main game, and I made sure to kill every enemy on each ordeal. Just got unlucky with 2 specters spawning as revenants, so I just back-tracked each stage to be sure. Glad the list was able to help in some way.

I honestly was about to drop the game already, for the ones I was missing I would have never found em because I was nowhere near touching the missions were they spawned so you have no idea how much help you just provided me (and pretty sure anyone looking to complete the game 100%)

So thanks again for having that amount of patience! ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hi44_ said:

I'd just like to preface this with "This is not a guide"

I just recently completed Crystar. Completion took me "56:46:05" according to the in-game timer on the Battle Record. This is with no guides. 

I was keeping track of the revenants as I re-searched each map in each Chapter / Ordeal. I'm going to leave a link to a list of the revenants along with any of the location(s) i have personally located them in. The list is near complete, aside from missing a few optional ordeals i have not quintuple-checked, thus not included. Anything on that list I have spotted personally and checked off while playing through the post-game.

Before checking the list, keep in mind that there are spoilers for certain areas, ordeals, and bosses. The list is organized in the same order as the "Memoirs of the Dead" list in-game.

【 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xeh1vyT1XNoAvSY8ZszSp-5BT9Esyfu8_z6fBtXoXVo/edit#gid=0 】

Hopefully this can help anyone who is having trouble finding a specific revenant during the clean-up point after the main game like I did with 2 revenants.

Side notes below:

* There is one set of revenant bosses (Bourbaki) that i'm unsure of on their exact location(s), but I think the ones listed should be correct. Regardless, you encounter them many times through the main game, so you should fill out their memoir almost guaranteed I believe. *

* Any revenants with special characters will be stylized without them. (example: Tönnies = Tonnies) *

Wow, this list is phenomenal. I have been taking notes as I've been playing and I'm about 24 hours in. So far everything seems right, though I didn't look past the first few sections since I know bosses are at the bottom of the list.

Crazy how fast some of you have gotten through the game, haha. I'm impressed! 

Thanks for this! I'll keep my notes going so I can add to this in some way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Wow, this list is phenomenal. I have been taking notes as I've been playing and I'm about 24 hours in. So far everything seems right, though I didn't look past the first few sections since I know bosses are at the bottom of the list.

Crazy how fast some of you have gotten through the game, haha. I'm impressed! 

Thanks for this! I'll keep my notes going so I can add to this in some way.

No problem. I thought making a list would be best when doing post-game clean up anyway, so figured I'd share it for people to reference and hopefully make the run easier for completion so you don't have to run around for a few extra hours like me, haha. Good luck with the note taking and i hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

3 hours ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

@hi44_ Are any of these missable? I'm on NG+ but missed getting all memoirs of Parmenides 1 and can't go back to fight that version? =/

As @Lake013 already said-- there's no missables in this. Even after the true ending, you can continue playing / replay any level.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

Man, I keep running End Point and I can't seem to spawn a Marx. I never even saw one in my initial playthrough. I'm at 98/99 thanks to it, I have completed the memoirs with everyone else.

Blah. Gotta keep grinding, I guess. Maybe it also spawns elsewhere?

I can help you with Marx, i noticed he had a much more rare spawn rate compared to any other Revenant. Just give me a moment to fire up my game so i can explain it clearly. I'm fairly sure it only spawns in Endpoint I

• Like 1

Just now, hi44_ said:

I can help you with Marx, i noticed he had a much more rare spawn rate compared to any other Revenant. Just give me a moment to fire up my game so i can explain it clearly. I'm fairly sure it only spawns in Endpoint I

You are a saint! I think I found a couple tricks to manipulate spawns in other areas, but Marx is being stubborn and not showing himself. Haha.

11 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

You are a saint! I think I found a couple tricks to manipulate spawns in other areas, but Marx is being stubborn and not showing himself. Haha.

Alright, here is how to find Marx, at least how I do it.

Here's an image location I just took for Marx just now: [ https://gyazo.com/9018b557122b1ec2a91579f11c1c5661 ]

Marx as far as I know only spawns on Endpoint I. He also only spawns in the location I am at in that screenshot as far as I know. Just head to my position on the map, and if the yellow giant humanoid hasn't spawned as a Revenant, just head straight back across the middle to the entrance / exit point, and enter the map again. Took me 3 tries just now to get him to spawn. Hopefully this helps, and helps anyone else looking for Marx to spawn.

Edited by hi44_
  • Like 3

Just now, hi44_ said:

Alright, here is how to find Marx, at least how i do it.

Here's an image location i just took for Marx just now: [ https://gyazo.com/9018b557122b1ec2a91579f11c1c5661 ]

Marx as far as i know only spawns on Endpoint I. He also only spawns in the location i am in that screenshot as far as I know. Just head to my position on the map, and if the yellow giant humanoid hasn't spawned as a Revenant, just head straight back across the middle to the entrance / exit point, and enter the map again. Took me 3 tries just now to get him to spawn. Hopefully this helps, and helps anyone else looking for Marx to spawn.

Based off the Spectre names, I do believe you are correct that he only spawns there. I was checking the area directly south since there are some Hedonist Y enemies down there and I was hoping one would eventually spawn as the Revenant Marx.

I'm doing a run of the boss rush now to break up the monotony and then I'll give that a try!

Also, from my own notes (that I'll type up when I'm not on mobile) also confirm nearly everything you posted in your spreadsheet.

Marx was the only one I never encountered naturally while beating all the Ordeals.

30 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

Based off the Spectre names, I do believe you are correct that he only spawns there. I was checking the area directly south since there are some Hedonist Y enemies down there and I was hoping one would eventually spawn as the Revenant Marx.

I'm doing a run of the boss rush now to break up the monotony and then I'll give that a try!

Also, from my own notes (that I'll type up when I'm not on mobile) also confirm nearly everything you posted in your spreadsheet.

Marx was the only one I never encountered naturally while beating all the Ordeals.

Yeah, there was another one, ( this is the one you're referring to I assume: https://gyazo.com/ba57b419e42a9085fbd2b4a1e5c9fb9d ) but I never saw him spawn as Marx, and this method was just quicker to enter in and out of the level to make him spawn.

Also, as far as i can tell, there are unique sets of Revenant spawns for each floor. If Marx spawns in that location where I first said to find him, he won't spawn in the lower area you mentioned. That's just what I noticed. I can't really prove my theory.

Regardless, Marx was a rare spawn and I didn't see him at all until I had to find one more Revenant. Took me a while since I didn't know where to look. Hopefully you can find him with ease with what i stated before. Good luck with the endless bosses! (I highly recommend Nanana's "Spell. Nanana Doodle x3" for clearing some of those bosses extremely quickly if you have it unlocked.)

Edit: I just ran the map 5 times quickly, and Marx also does spawn in one of the lower areas shown in this screenshot: [ https://gyazo.com/5ae755a12346f87c967903074738fa8a ]

Edited by hi44_
  • Like 1

Just want to say thank you for the spread sheet, it made the post game grind substantially less infuriating. I now have a shiny new platinum.

For anyone wondering about Boss rush, there is no special reward for beating all 5 runs of it, you do get about 517,000 exp though (this took me from level 84 to 98).

Edited by Lake013
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Lake013 said:

Just want to say thank you for the spread sheet, it made the post game grind substantially less infuriating. I now have a shiny new platinum.

For anyone wondering about Boss rush, there is no special reward for beating all 5 runs of it, you do get about 517,000 exp though (this took me from level 84 to 98).

No problem! The post-game grind was bit tedious for me since I could not find 2 revenants for a while. I even did all 5 loops of the boss run thinking there was some secret enemy, haha. Anyway, glad it was able to help you out a bit. Congrats on the platinum.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MeowMars007 said:

Anyone have any tips for choosing a boss you can beat without taking any hits?

Or know what level MAX is? I assume 100. I’m on 76 now with only 4 trophies to go.

Max level is 99. 

The very first boss is a cinch to beat without getting hit and at your level the fight should be over in seconds.

46 minutes ago, MeowMars007 said:

Anyone have any tips for choosing a boss you can beat without taking any hits?

Or know what level MAX is? I assume 100. I’m on 76 now with only 4 trophies to go.

The max level is 99.

You can beat the first boss easily (Epicurean) without taking a hit. If you want to be extra sure, just use Nanana and keep your distance while auto attacking and dashing.

When reaching max level, if you don't care about difficulty adjustment, you can change the game to 'easy' mode and do the endless boss run mode you get after beating the main story and rack up a lot of EXP fairly easily just by fighting the bosses over and over.

Best of luck with the last trophies!

1 hour ago, Lake013 said:

Max level is 99. 

The very first boss is a cinch to beat without getting hit and at your level the fight should be over in seconds.

Would that be new game + then? Since you can’t fight him more than once in the main story. Haven’t gotten that far because I need to level up to defeat the demon twins...thanks for the tips!!

On 9/1/2019 at 7:42 PM, hi44_ said:

I'd just like to preface this with "This is not a guide"

I just recently completed Crystar. Completion took me "56:46:05" according to the in-game timer on the Battle Record. This is with no guides. 

I was keeping track of the revenants as I re-searched each map in each Chapter / Ordeal. I'm going to leave a link to a list of the revenants along with any of the location(s) i have personally located them in. The list is near complete, aside from missing a few optional ordeals i have not quintuple-checked, thus not included. Anything on that list I have spotted personally and checked off while playing through the post-game.

Before checking the list, keep in mind that there are spoilers for certain areas, ordeals, and bosses. The list is organized in the same order as the "Memoirs of the Dead" list in-game.

【 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xeh1vyT1XNoAvSY8ZszSp-5BT9Esyfu8_z6fBtXoXVo/edit#gid=0 】

Hopefully this can help anyone who is having trouble finding a specific revenant during the clean-up point after the main game like I did with 2 revenants.

Side notes below:

* There is one set of revenant bosses (Bourbaki) that i'm unsure of on their exact location(s), but I think the ones listed should be correct. Regardless, you encounter them many times through the main game, so you should fill out their memoir almost guaranteed I believe. *

* Any revenants with special characters will be stylized without them. (example: Tönnies = Tonnies) *

Thank you 

1 hour ago, hi44_ said:

The max level is 99.

You can beat the first boss easily (Epicurean) without taking a hit. If you want to be extra sure, just use Nanana and keep your distance while auto attacking and dashing.

When reaching max level, if you don't care about difficulty adjustment, you can change the game to 'easy' mode and do the endless boss run mode you get after beating the main story and rack up a lot of EXP fairly easily just by fighting the bosses over and over.

Best of luck with the last trophies!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

One thing confusing me is this; if you’re missing two or three entries from one of the Dead, do you just go to the spot listed in the guide twice? I must be doing something wrong because I was missing #2 and #3 for Leucippus, and I got #2 using the guide, but I’m still missing #3, even after going in twice. 

6 hours ago, MeowMars007 said:

Would that be new game + then? Since you can’t fight him more than once in the main story. Haven’t gotten that far because I need to level up to defeat the demon twins...thanks for the tips!!

Once you're on the final leg of the game, you'll have access to all the levels you've played. There's no missables in this game. You'll be able to go back and fight that boss if you still need to by then.

5 hours ago, MeowMars007 said:

Thank you 

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

One thing confusing me is this; if you’re missing two or three entries from one of the Dead, do you just go to the spot listed in the guide twice? I must be doing something wrong because I was missing #2 and #3 for Leucippus, and I got #2 using the guide, but I’m still missing #3, even after going in twice. 

No problem.

For Leucippus in your case, just go back into that spot until he pops up. He consistently spawns in this spot for me. [ https://gyazo.com/c77598a48e720c21efc34e161637368d ]

He should only spawn in the 3rd area, so you can rush through the initial area, and the second area. There should be another spot he may spawn in on your way to that location in the 3rd area.

Regardless, just keep going to that 3rd area on that chapter and ordeal and you should be alright. Sometimes they might just not spawn as a Revenant.

• Like 1