Revenant / Memoir Locations

hi44_

13 hours ago, hi44_ said:

No problem.

For Leucippus in your case, just go back into that spot until he pops up. He consistently spawns in this spot for me. [ https://gyazo.com/c77598a48e720c21efc34e161637368d ]

He should only spawn in the 3rd area, so you can rush through the initial area, and the second area. There should be another spot he may spawn in on your way to that location in the 3rd area.

Regardless, just keep going to that 3rd area on that chapter and ordeal and you should be alright. Sometimes they might just not spawn as a Revenant.

Thanks!! I’m having the same problem with  Aristotle  and the other bosses. I fought her 3 times and I still only have the first memory. But if I’m new game + everything is still accessible without having to play far enough to unlock all of the levels, I guess I could just do it over then. Did you have any issues like this?

Edited by MeowMars007
Potential spoiler

23 minutes ago, MeowMars007 said:

Thanks!! I’m having the same problem with  Aristotle and Sen and the other bosses. I fought her 3 times and I still only have the first memory. But if I’m new game + everything is still accessible without having to play far enough to unlock all of the levels, I guess I could just do it over then. Did you have any issues like this?

The only time I had an issue getting a Memoir from a boss was when my Memoir meter was already maxed out before I fought the boss. In the end, I just decided to do clean up on the boss Memoirs once I had fully beaten the story. I had no major issue getting any boss Memoirs though.

(By the way, kind of minor, but maybe consider the spoiler tag since you're mentioning some boss names. Just in case someone else was reading through this.)

Edited by hi44_

11 hours ago, hi44_ said:

The only time I had an issue getting a Memoir from a boss was when my Memoir meter was already maxed out before I fought the boss. In the end, I just decided to do clean up on the boss Memoirs once I had fully beaten the story. I had no major issue getting any boss Memoirs though.

(By the way, kind of minor, but maybe consider the spoiler tag since you're mentioning some boss names. Just in case someone else was reading through this.)

Memoir meter maxed out? How does that happen?

i must just be unlucky because I am doing these levels three to four times with no new memoirs. unless it glitched. I guess it’s just a matter of persistence. Marx has eluded me 6 times now.

three of the bosses I have done 6 times, those are the ones I’m worried about not working.

Edited by MeowMars007

12 hours ago, MeowMars007 said:

Memoir meter maxed out? How does that happen?

i must just be unlucky because I am doing these levels three to four times with no new memoirs. unless it glitched. I guess it’s just a matter of persistence. Marx has eluded me 6 times now.

three of the bosses I have done 6 times, those are the ones I’m worried about not working.

https://gyazo.com/b871e576f01d880384b9b05e842c28af ]

If you go to the menu during a stage, if you look at the bottom left next to your currency, there's a bar that get's filled with torments / memoirs. I'm not 100% on this, but if that's full, i don't think you can acquire new memoirs-- I could be wrong on that though.

As for being unlucky. Have you beaten the main story completely? I'm not sure if you are just unlucky, or if that might be the why the bosses aren't dropping new memoirs.

As far as i could tell, as long as that torment / memoir bar wasn't full, if you killed a revenant or boss, you would get their memoir. Sorry if this isn't any help.

Regarding Marx, he's "eluded you 6 times now"? Do you mean he hasn't spawned, or hasn't dropped a memoir for you 6 times in a row now? 

12 hours ago, hi44_ said:

https://gyazo.com/b871e576f01d880384b9b05e842c28af ]

If you go to the menu during a stage, if you look at the bottom left next to your currency, there's a bar that get's filled with torments / memoirs. I'm not 100% on this, but if that's full, i don't think you can acquire new memoirs-- I could be wrong on that though.

As for being unlucky. Have you beaten the main story completely? I'm not sure if you are just unlucky, or if that might be the why the bosses aren't dropping new memoirs.

As far as i could tell, as long as that torment / memoir bar wasn't full, if you killed a revenant or boss, you would get their memoir. Sorry if this isn't any help.

Regarding Marx, he's "eluded you 6 times now"? Do you mean he hasn't spawned, or hasn't dropped a memoir for you 6 times in a row now? 

Sorry, yes Marx hasn’t spawned at all and I’ve gone in there about 15 times now. 

Thank you for your help!!! I think my meter was just full and that’s why I wasn’t getting those last two  boss memoirs! I have them now. Marx is my last barrier between the last three trophies I need, and he’s just not showing up.

2 hours ago, MeowMars007 said:

Sorry, yes Marx hasn’t spawned at all and I’ve gone in there about 15 times now. 

Thank you for your help!!! I think my meter was just full and that’s why I wasn’t getting those last two  boss memoirs! I have them now. Marx is my last barrier between the last three trophies I need, and he’s just not showing up.

I mentioned Marx earlier in this thread, i'll just paste what I said here:

"Alright, here is how to find Marx, at least how I do it.

Here's an image location I just took for Marx just now: [ https://gyazo.com/9018b557122b1ec2a91579f11c1c5661 ]

Marx as far as I know only spawns on Endpoint I. He also only spawns in the location I am at in that screenshot as far as I know. Just head to my position on the map, and if the yellow giant humanoid hasn't spawned as a Revenant, just head straight back across the middle to the entrance / exit point, and enter the map again. Took me 3 tries just now to get him to spawn. Hopefully this helps, and helps anyone else looking for Marx to spawn."

I crossed out one part because he has another spawn location I found which is down here at this point of the map: [ https://gyazo.com/5ae755a12346f87c967903074738fa8a ]

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 2:06 PM, hi44_ said:

I mentioned Marx earlier in this thread, i'll just paste what I said here:

"Alright, here is how to find Marx, at least how I do it.

Here's an image location I just took for Marx just now: [ https://gyazo.com/9018b557122b1ec2a91579f11c1c5661 ]

Marx as far as I know only spawns on Endpoint I. He also only spawns in the location I am at in that screenshot as far as I know. Just head to my position on the map, and if the yellow giant humanoid hasn't spawned as a Revenant, just head straight back across the middle to the entrance / exit point, and enter the map again. Took me 3 tries just now to get him to spawn. Hopefully this helps, and helps anyone else looking for Marx to spawn."

I crossed out one part because he has another spawn location I found which is down here at this point of the map: [ https://gyazo.com/5ae755a12346f87c967903074738fa8a ]

I did this about 10 to 14 times yesterday morning before I gave in and bought the dog costume. He showed up two tries later and I now have a shiny platinum. I saw your Marx guide that you originally posted for someone else at the beginning to middle of this thread and used it to find him (top location not bottom) and then saw a save and reload from last auto save tactic used online, plus the dog suit, so these two trophies are partially yours haha!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MeowMars007 said:

I did this about 10 to 14 times yesterday morning before I gave in and bought the dog costume. He showed up two tries later and I now have a shiny platinum. I saw your Marx guide that you originally posted for someone else at the beginning to middle of this thread and used it to find him (top location not bottom) and then saw a save and reload from last auto save tactic used online, plus the dog suit, so these two trophies are partially yours haha!

I had no idea that there were costumes that affected the game, I had to search up this dog costume on the PSN store. The more you know, I guess. Anyway, congrats on the platinum!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hi44_ said:

I had no idea that there were costumes that affected the game, I had to search up this dog costume on the PSN store. The more you know, I guess. Anyway, congrats on the platinum!

Hi, I have been following this thread as i play thru the game. I had seen that the description on the costume dlc briefly mentioned that it helps in game play but didn't say how so I didn't buy yet. Guess I will be buying that dlc now? Who knew! And thanks much for the spreadsheet, it's been a great help!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sunnydaleAlumni said:

Hi, I have been following this thread as i play thru the game. I had seen that the description on the costume dlc briefly mentioned that it helps in game play but didn't say how so I didn't buy yet. Guess I will be buying that dlc now? Who knew! And thanks much for the spreadsheet, it's been a great help!

Yeah, seems like the costume description, at least for the "mascot" ones, help attract Revenants with Memoirs you have yet to unlock. In my opinion, I don't think it's really needed as you'll be pretty close to completing the Memoirs once you're through the complete main story as long as you aren't just rushing through levels and skipping Revenants you see. Helpful costumes if you're really stuck I guess.

Glad my list has been able to help you out as you play through. Good luck going for the platinum!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hi44_ said:

Yeah, seems like the costume description, at least for the "mascot" ones, help attract Revenants with Memoirs you have yet to unlock. In my opinion, I don't think it's really needed as you'll be pretty close to completing the Memoirs once you're through the complete main story as long as you aren't just rushing through levels and skipping Revenants you see. Helpful costumes if you're really stuck I guess.

Glad my list has been able to help you out as you play through. Good luck going for the platinum!

Yeah I agree with you. I was looking at the new stuff and apparently the Peddler costumes give you a discount on items. Good to know about the Mascot if I run into trouble but so far I haven't had any issues with spawning. I always go back and do the Optional right away. There only seems to be a few that I have missed so far. Thanks so much!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ive been scouring end point II for plotinus for about two+ hours now and havent seen the idiot at all 

is there a n y other spawn point for this thing that didnt get added to the google doc yet bc im scratching my head something fierce right now

naturally the second i make a post about it i get it to spawn smh

Edited by Shevil

36 minutes ago, Shevil said:

ive been scouring end point II for plotinus for about two+ hours now and havent seen the idiot at all 

is there a n y other spawn point for this thing that didnt get added to the google doc yet bc im scratching my head something fierce right now

naturally the second i make a post about it i get it to spawn smh

Ah-- I was going to fire up Crystar again to try to help, but I'm assuming since you got it to spawn you're all good now. 

• 3 months later...

Jerusalem is slowly getting to me, 5 hours now trying to get this one to show up and I still have to find it twice.
I did notice that I was able to find certain Reveants in locations that are not listed on the spreadsheet a few times same chapter but different levels but overall its been a big help and time saving as well.

Ah well back to Jerusalem which I know shows up on the third floor in the level as it was the last one I needed to get one of each kind so my trophy snapshot tells me where it is but after countless runs I can not get to spawn. (Also checking other areas of the stage as well till I get to this point.

EDIT: And in typical style as soon as you complain about RNG along comes what you need. Now just 20 more levels to get to level 99 to go, once again thanks for the list.

Edited by fisty123

• 1 month later...

Great list, thanks for all that.  For anyone still trying to fill out the list, they released a free costume pack called "Second Summer Collection DLC Bundle" noting "While one of the characters in your party wears one of these costumes, Revenants with uncollected memories will be drawn to you."  No need to buy the mascot pack.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...