FFVIII Censorship

Dav9834

if the opening when squall got his scar turned the blood green then im sure will not even think about VII remake. Didnt wanted to buy VII remake in the first place and see what the butcher but if the starting censoring the old ports then there is no hope for the remake.

I strongly disagree it looks better... she looks terrible. I can understand (but still disagree with) the censorship since it always looked like Siren and Shiva were sporty some massive bush, even when I was what... 10 or whatever age I was when I played the game. But this is hardly how you fix it. It looks awful. Also don't like how pointy her face is, the rounded face looks better. How is she supposed to lure in men, as a Siren does, when she looks like she'll murder you straight up?

Here's Rinoa btw

dqeyXrC.png

Going to look really stupid unless they redid the CG. But PSone-PS2 era FF was very much inconsistent between field/battle/CG models so that's not really a new thing. Then again FFVI was the only game not inconsistent since it used the same character sprites for field and battle and the other 2D games had different sprites for field and battle. But when it's avoidable... like here, why?

HonoredGlisteningBrocketdeer-small.gif

3 minutes ago, Vadrael said:

Its one thing back then but this is a port in the end, the games got their fair share of censorship back then. no one can tell me that back then we were able to be alright if society and everything but now we degraded and cant take the same stuff from 20 years ago?

It's silly. We should be getting the original intact releases of older games that got censored, instead we get older games more censored than before. *sigh* I guess companies don't care about piracy, because this is sure going to keep it a viable option for consumers who want their content uncensored.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Vadrael said:

Its one thing back then but this is a port in the end, the games got their fair share of censorship back then. no one can tell me that back then we were able to be alright if society and everything but now we degraded and cant take the same stuff from 20 years ago?

This doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying it was ok to censor because we were more uptight back then, and the internet didn't exist in the capacity to allow us to complain? Because that's what I got from it. ?

• Like 1

I mean that we were alright back then but the developer says now that we cant handle it if we get the same version from 20 years ago. i think that not right. work on graphic but leave everything except graphic like it was, i can handle squalls bleeding face, but if its green then im not sure how to handle that science fiction alien Sh*t

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Okay then, whip it out. Where's this manufactured outrage about Siren's crotch, because I'm interested. I really want to see what 4chan scoured from the 2003 back posts of some 400 pound neckbeard "outraged" by Siren's crotch because he was trying to get laid. Show me the casus belli. 1f602.png

Dont be daft Damon cmn you know these arn't changes Square would have done because it was their original vision.

And again if there's green blood. How do you defend that.

I get why people are arguing about censorship, but I think here we are seeing simple re-imaginations of those characters/outfits/etc. Rinoa's top is minimally changed, I can't see that as being some form of censorship, the design just looks cleaner. As far as Siren goes, I don't see the fuss. She still plays the same, does the same thing, gameplay using Siren is not impacted in any way. It changes nothing in the game except for me to be able to see a digital woman creature less naked than before. I honestly think the new look is more tasteful. I've played some games where there are censorship issues, and things were downright removed or deleted. That I can see being an issue, as the original concept is now being cut and pasted, but what I'm seeing here, or fog covering the tits in a Neptunia game, doesn't bother me. There's way too much good in the game to let something non-gameplay or non-technical impede my enjoyment of it. I'd still enjoy Neir Automata if she was wearing shorts under there and it wasnt just underwear exposed because it changes nothing fundamentally about the game. 

I'm going to play it and love it, just like I did when I was younger. And didn't notice Siren's bush when I was younger anyways, hell, I barely used the GFs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

It is now utterly unplayable.

Pre-order canceled. 

Just like how the original was unplayable because it had Rinoa ribcage and some GF bush so they had to change it to be playable today.

The original was such shit I don't get why they'd even bother to re-release it. Such a horrible unplayable game.

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

Dont be daft Damon cmn you know these arn't changes Square would have done because it was their original vision.

And again if there's green blood. How do you defend that.

I knew you had nothing! News cycle's pulling your strings just like every other puppet here who thinks they're a freedom fighter. ?

• Like 3