FFVIII Censorship

Dav9834

4 hours ago, qregory said:

Who cares as long as the gameplay is the same.

This is getting ridiculous guys. I agree with the poster I quoted. If it affects you that much don’t buy it. Please stop creating these posts every few days about the smallest changes to a game or games. If a summon’s crotch is that important to you, we obviously played the game for different reasons.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Katt said:

I will not argue with no one because the mods hate that and I'll just say: this is stupid (the censorship). The end.

Thats inaccurate. Mods hate when people can’t argue without personally attacking people. Argue about a topic all you want. 

On Topic: Has there been any actual evidence of any groups claiming victory for these “censorship” changes? I have been looking but have yet to see any evidence as that is the reason for the changes. If there isn’t any evidence of that, it’s just as likely that the developer of the remastered version fulfilled their artistic vision when they had the chance. Especially since the old versions weren’t pulled and are available on the same platform. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Thats inaccurate.

oh no, it is. but since the posts were deleted, I will never have THAT proof :^)

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Has there been any actual evidence of any groups claiming victory for these “censorship” changes?

yes, go to twitter. It's full of these people. A certain person does the job of collecting these opinions but it seems it's not a valid source to some people. so, go and do the job yourself.

Edit: I will not talk about this certain person. Last time, my post was deleted.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 1

another day another one. man i cant be the only one that's tired of  theses thread. what i hate is not the so called censorship. i can adapt i had worse. its the call to arms over every issue in the modern world.on any side.to care about something that i dont just because i share a hobbies. that this is not my fight.its yours fight your fight all you want,i dont care. just dont impose your cause unto others .i got bigger fish to fry. dont act surprised if people arent caring about these cause. i just want the calm.not the storm.i had my fights in life i cant care, sorry.

dont tell me what to fight for please. 

Edited by M1138147
  • Like 1

I can't imagine caring as much as you lot seem to about any of these incredibly inconsequential things. Like they gave Siren a skirt and that's worth getting riled up about? It has zero impact on the game, and if you care that much about seeing sexy Siren, I'm about to blow your minds with this 'Rule 34' thing you've apparently never heard of. 

Edited by Knave21
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

I don't like censorship at all.

This is really simple. If you don’t like censorship at all, then don’t buy the game.

Complaining about changes that will not be reversed in threads every few days about different games is simply a waste of time and space.

Please guys stop creating these threads. They take away from people posting about other game related issues that can be solved or fixed with user input. I wish the OP would close this thread.

• Like 1

Seems silly to get upset about to me. The change to Rinoa is so small I doubt I would have even noticed, and the change to siren makes perfect sense to me. PS1 graphics were kinda blurry and not as easy to make out. I always thought it was a shell, and judging by some of the comments here so did others. FF8 is rated T and they likely wanted to keep that rating. With the remaster having better graphics it is a lot more obvious that it is pubic hair and not a shell, and Im pretty sure that the ESRB bumps up the rating for full nudity. I doubt they want to re release the game with a big old M for Nudity over such a minor thing. It seems that Shiva has not been changed, and that is because her skin pattern is just that, skin. She has barbie doll anatomy so it is not an issue. The green blood was implemented years ago, no sense getting upset now. I get that some people have a no censorship ever mentality, but this really seems like the wrong hill to die on. 

• Like 1

Everything’s getting censored these days, mainly because people don’t live anymore. They exist in these boring lives with nothing unique about them so they find these groups online that not only accept them, but encourage them to be outraged by anything that’ll get a click or a like. It’s a popularity contest crossed with some tribal need. Everything snowballs and boom here we are - 2019. 

Just a shame that people are now upset by games too... real bottom of the barrel stuff. What’s next? #downwithcensorship

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cckerberos said:

So long as the state and its agents aren't involved, companies are free to preemptively "censor" whatever the hell they want.

It's the coercive power of the state that makes censorship dangerous. A company making changes intended to avoid controversy and maximize their sales isn't even a blip on my radar.

Like, I think it's fine to disagree with or not like these changes. But don't pretend that SE's actions here somehow infringe on fundamental moral principles.

And I find it tremendously ironic that some of the people triggered by something this minor are throwing around the term "snowflake" as an insult towards the other side.

I've never understood this line of reasoning. Governments are elected and their policies have oversight. It's also the case that private companies, especially platform owners but also publishers, have a monopoly on the distribution of certain products 

This is far more important perhaps in the case of platforms/publishers like Google and Facebook, but is still significant to a lesser degree here too.

Platform holders as publishers is lining up to be the next big debate.

30 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

Seems silly to get upset about to me. The change to Rinoa is so small I doubt I would have even noticed, and the change to siren makes perfect sense to me. PS1 graphics were kinda blurry and not as easy to make out. I always thought it was a shell, and judging by some of the comments here so did others. FF8 is rated T and they likely wanted to keep that rating. With the remaster having better graphics it is a lot more obvious that it is pubic hair and not a shell, and Im pretty sure that the ESRB bumps up the rating for full nudity. I doubt they want to re release the game with a big old M for Nudity over such a minor thing. It seems that Shiva has not been changed, and that is because her skin pattern is just that, skin. She has barbie doll anatomy so it is not an issue. The green blood was implemented years ago, no sense getting upset now. I get that some people have a no censorship ever mentality, but this really seems like the wrong hill to die on. 

Most other hills are already lost because of this exact mentality. Plus, it not pubic hair.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

8 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I've never understood this line of reasoning. Governments are elected and their policies have oversight. It's also the case that private companies, especially platform owners but also publishers, have a monopoly on the distribution of certain products 

This is far more important perhaps in the case of platforms/publishers like Google and Facebook, but is still significant to a lesser degree here too.

Platform holders as publishers is lining up to be the next big debate.

Most other hills are already lost because of this exact mentality. Plus, it not pubic hair.

I can either take issue with every small thing and never enjoy anything, or I can accept minor things and enjoy my life. I save my energy for things that actually have significance to them, and this certainly does not. Also its clearly not a Bikini, its not a shell, it looks like hair, its in a location where hair grows. Looks like pubic hair to me. Do you have a source verifying its not, because if you don't then there is no value to your statement. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

I can either take issue with every small thing and never enjoy anything, or I can accept minor things and enjoy my life. I save my energy for things that actually have significance to them, and this certainly does not. Also its clearly not a Bikini, its not a shell, it looks like hair, its in a location where hair grows. Looks like pubic hair to me. Do you have a source verifying its not, because if you don't then there is no value to your statement. 

Most individual things are minor, but when part of a larger policy or societal change its then not. And do you really feel they had s woman's bush openly displayed in a videogame with this age rating? The rules are clear  It's a cover, and it's where it is due to what it's covering. Same as with Shiva. Do you have a source verifying otherwise?

Edited by thefourfoldroot

11 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Most individual things are minor, but when part of a larger policy or societal change its then not. And do you really feel they had s woman's bush openly displayed in a videogame with this age rating? The rules are clear  It's a cover, and it's where it is due to what it's covering. Same as with Shiva. Do you have a source verifying otherwise?

While I am not going to get involved in this I can say that an article I seen the other day said Shiva was not touched and had screenshots to prove it. The source link however is a site that has a lot of sexual adds so not going to share it.