An end of an era Share your fond U2&U3 multiplayer memories

8 minutes ago, marine75364007 said:

Losing both U2 & U3's multiplayer really hurts me because these were the games that got the PlayStation 3 were it is today. I'll never forgot the day I saw first glance at the multiplayer trailer for U2 so much you could do especially adding co-op to the mix!? U3 actually improved the multiplayer aspect greatly even though they were going with the whole COD route even adding a sprint button it was still Uncharted. The fact that they added intros to the multiplayer to give it a tense feeling was the best part about it and that you can transition from one place to another I'm gonna miss the multiplayer of these games 2009-2019

I played the uncharted 2 multiplayer a lot with my friends. We had a lot of fun.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mrhemptastic said:

My fondest memory would have to be..

when I yanked those discs out of my ps3 and put them back in there cases. They now reside in my shelf with all my other completed games.

Never to be touched again. 

Not much of a memory but It's not always about the trophies you know ? by me playing the multiplayer of both games blindly and enjoying them I've gotten a good amount of the trophies without even trying looking at U3's dlc list it's the most tedious I give props to those who dedicated themselves going after them all

• Like 3

The MP trophies were over the top (too much) but both the co-op and competitive play were a lot of fun just playing normally (i.e. not boosting).

Going back to clean up some of the co-op trophies before the server shutdown was actually quite enjoyable.

• Like 3

Slightly off topic, I was on the Xbox 360 when Uncharted 2 was released. I hadn't played the first Uncharted, so I wasn't too sure how I would enjoy the game, but for me it cemented the reason why I owned a PS3 and an PS4. I remember waiting for what I thought was a cut scene to end, only to be amazed that I was in control of Nathan walking through the snow after one tense opening on the 2nd one. I really feel that it was a graphical step up to what I had played before!

As far as the multiplayer goes, I had planned to play it for some time, but although late to the party, I had a load of fun on the games, especially the 3rd game. Doing the coop with friends was genuinely fun and I was lucky to meet a lot of good people on the way, some that helped on my way to the treasures and a few that I met via Boosting that have remained on my friends list. It was also good to meet some folk that saw me and my friends boosting on Uncharted 2 and actually helped rather than hinder, so the game had a pretty good community of gamers I feel! 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, LoughNessMonster said:

Christ, some people on here need to get over themselves. Nobody made you ruin the game for yourself by grinding shitty trophies. That was your choice.

Anyway, I played U2 multiplayer lots back in the day and loved it. Sad to see it go. They upped the complexity of multiplayer in U3 and U4 (loadouts, kickbacks, etc.) and I just wasn't a fan - they nailed it the first time. It was super simple and super fun.

We need alot of people like you thank you for saying that 

On 03/09/2019 at 0:57 AM, POEman553 said:

Before I cared about trophies, I was part of the beta for Uncharted 3's multiplayer (I still have the avatar). It was legitimately fun to play and nice to see people playing the maps, modes, and having strategies instead of cheating like Uncharted 3 later became.

EDIT: I forgot to mention...Uncharted TV! You could see epic kill streaks, just overall awesomeness of play, and pure skill on display. I ended up in a video 1 week during the beta for wiping out an entire team single handedly and that was great to see. 

omg, I remember searching a game and put Uncharted tv on full screen and start watching those sick edits, robingaming...

Edited by Zyriaks_
  • Like 1

I'm one of those who played the multiplayer of U2 and U3 only for the trophies. I never had any fun in playing them just for fun because to me there wasn't any. On the long road of completing both games on 100% it became a likeable experience somehow (especially U3), I guess it was a grow with challenge thing. To me U3 had the best Uncharted multiplayer, way better then U2 and even better than U4 with those silly magic power stuff.

I was heavily invested in Uncharted 2’s MP team death match back in the day, and I remember this particular kill like it was yesterday and it was so smooth:

An enemy was chasing me and I managed to survive his barrage of bullets and climbed up a wall only to dodgeroll back into the lower level and immediately started climbing back up, naturally he climbed up too and was to slow to react and I managed to kill him via pulling down from the ledge! ? I was laughing so fuckin hard after that kill, I didn’t even care if I won or lost that match! 

As for UC3, my fondest memory of that multiplayer was when I was grinding out the DLC trophies: Overseer in particular! My teammates and I were attempting this trophy for an hour and we couldn’t seem to nail it down, either we died too early or the statue just kept getting hit by a damn rocket. The next day one of my buddies found the method to get Overseer on YouTube. We each decided our roles, mine was to hang out in the back and snipe the rocket launchers. When we arrived at the final area, we beat it on the first try! My teammates and I were HYPED once that trophy popped and it’s one of my fondest memories of the multiplayer. What I like most is that we were all in sync, communicating effectively, and we all executed perfectly. I may not like multiplayer trophies but this is an exception because it embodied team play.

Anywho, thanks for reading this far ?