An end of an era Share your fond U2&U3 multiplayer memories

• 7 months later...

My best memorie? Oh god I have so much.. 

1) played the uncharted 2 beta, until it closed and you had to buy it in stores once it was released. Did it the first day : I remember the date, it was October 13th ahah

2) all the games with double xp or triple xp during holidays. I remember during Christmas, TDM was on one side, all Drake vs the other side, all Flynns with christmas hats.

3) special games, like RPG only, snipers only or even grenades only (this last was so much fun), which was going on only for 2 weeks, or a weekend. So you had to be there to try the mode, was now or never

4) i remember there was a x4 xp during the holidays of the second year, and I went from level 50 to 75 in one week. Played the multiplayer from 5 am to midnight everyday just to make sure I could level up as fast as I could before it ends. I did my best match ever during that same time, where I had 33 kills and 3 dead. And once I reached lvl 80, I went through the top 500 in ranking of money

5) afterwards, I tried the beta of uncharted 3. I remember the promo of subway 

6) this game was so different from the classic of UC2. But after some times, I started to like it. 

7) my favourite mode was 2vs2vs2. Did like 2’000 wins and 100 losts with my buddy

6) after I attacked coop. I finished with around 2’800 crushing completed. Did a lot of speedrun. Each map, survival or arena, last about 10-15 min with my friends. I teached them a lot

7) For Overseer, I was the 8th in the world to get the trophy. You can check this out. And the kickback of all players were Team medic ? yes, once the DLC was released, there were also new legacies, so we lost all our upgrades and we were only level 30 once again when we played Monastery

Oh god i’m nostalgic. I wish I could do a last match. The only regret is that I wasn’t able to record my best matches so i could watch them again 

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 1

I really miss Uncharted 2 MP. I played it a lot back in the days. It’s been my first actually mp. Imagine a 12 year-old kid join a lobby with his mic for the first time. I immediately fell in love with it. I still remember everything: the matches with my friends, the 1vs1 with stranger players, the hunt for the special weapon positioned in the middle of the map, all the throwings of grenades in the air across the map as soon as the match started... In the end I even managed to get 100% boosting only one trophy. I’m so proud of myself, I feel like a really put my heart into this game. Now it’s just a fading memory and I’m 22 already

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-04-15 at 8:09 PM, ShinySpidey said:

I really miss Uncharted 2 MP. I played it a lot back in the days. It’s been my first actually mp. Imagine a 12 year-old kid join a lobby with his mic for the first time. I immediately fell in love with it. I still remember everything: the matches with my friends, the 1vs1 with stranger players, the hunt for the special weapon positioned in the middle of the map, all the throwings of grenades in the air across the map as soon as the match started... In the end I even managed to get 100% boosting only one trophy. I’m so proud of myself, I feel like a really put my heart into this game. Now it’s just a fading memory and I’m 22 already

Same buddy. I feel like a piece of my saoul is missing and I can’t get it back ?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Late to the party here but I played both UC2 MP and UC3 MP long before I cared about trophies. So my memories are more about fun than being pissed about the trophy grind. My fondest memory was probably the long grind of reaching level 80 in Uncharted 2. Countless matches running double negatives (Glass Jaw & Come Get Some) Which was definitely a challenge because glass jaw you die in one melee and CGS players can see your name a small distance thru walls. Uncharted 2 was amazing until Ammar hacked it in summer 2013. Hence all the cheaters and fake level 80's running around. As for UC3 I played it a lot but was far more of a UC2 purist and preferred no kickbacks, no classes but I'll always remember grinding the CO-OP on Crushing with my friends and eventually being able to flex the star on your level badge. All in all a great experience, there's several people I still talk to today that I met on UC2 back in the day. Lastly, I thought it was cool that the Uncharted community was always relatively small so for the most part everyone knew everyone. 

The last days were simply beautiful. Servers full with people ranking from level 50-onwards, a lot of skeletons, one of the most fun experiences I had playing online. I hope the team that reactivates servers can one day revive the MP.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

I don't like writing new posts to topics that were long abandoned but this one makes me particularly nostalgic.

Got so many fond memories on U3... I miss this game every damn day.

- Game set aside, I was going through serious issues in my life and this game kinda helped me to hold on mentally speaking so just for that, it will always hold an important place in my heart.

- Now, I met so many great people. It was the first (and only) time where I felt like I was right where I belonged, my team and I had so much fun together.

- I remember that time when we were in a custom game and a friend wanted to show me and another friend how to make the characters sit on top of the idol but it went wrong and suddenly we saw his character fly across the map and my friend yelled, panicking "HOW DO I STOP HIM?!!" and right then his character got stuck in the airport wall, I don't think I've ever laughed that much in my life xD

- Surprisingly enough, the top-ranked players were usually nice! U3 was (i think) the only game where I had a decent level and it was nice to talk to high-ranked players from time to time, even though it was really rare xD

- All those dodgeball sessions in the lab were so much fun <3

- The co-op missions were fun too!