Anyone else find this game more frustrating than fun?

iGGTheEnd

• 4 weeks later...

I found the game to be just the right amount of challenging, there were a few tricky bits and I beat almost all bosses on my first or second attempt with the exception of the Tomassi fight which was ridiculously hard. I must've attempted it 20+ times until I figured out a strategy that made it much easier and then I managed it on my second attempt after that.

I have to agree that the in-game map is pretty useless, you're much better off just following the building signs and the frame rate suffers occasionally though playing on a PS4 Pro I remember only one fight where I got serious issues when the fps dramatically dropped for an extended period of time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I liked the destructive part of the game but that's all I have to say about it. I forced myself to 100% because I disliked it. Did this game really get GOTY by some companies like IGN? 

That's a pretty weak argument against it and some hard words thrown at it "some companies like IGN". If you go into games solely for the "destructive part" try Battlefield, Just Cause or Mercenaries.

Now, we can all agree that IGN is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to journalistic integrity and review policy but a lot of people (gamers), me included, loved the game.

My reasons? Excellent, original, and engaging story, very fun world and lore, and good gameplay to name a few. Yes, there are some FPS drops, it can be a bit confusing and retracing as you figure out the map but its pros far outweigh the cons overall.

In the end, most GOTY awards are like the Oscars. Made by companies and institutions that aren't really objective and have their own agenda - and while sometimes they just "click" with the majority of the market i.e. The Last of Us, GTA, RDR, Witcher etc. I can easily see why Control won it for some of them.

And much like the movies for you personally it will be down to preference - which can't be good or bad. (For example I see no enjoyment in the Witcher, Dark Souls, Skyirm... but I don't think they are bad games, just not my type).

13 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

That's a pretty weak argument against it and some hard words thrown at it "some companies like IGN". If you go into games solely for the "destructive part" try Battlefield, Just Cause or Mercenaries.

Now, we can all agree that IGN is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to journalistic integrity and review policy but a lot of people (gamers), me included, loved the game.

My reasons? Excellent, original, and engaging story, very fun world and lore, and good gameplay to name a few. Yes, there are some FPS drops, it can be a bit confusing and retracing as you figure out the map but its pros far outweigh the cons overall.

In the end, most GOTY awards are like the Oscars. Made by companies and institutions that aren't really objective and have their own agenda - and while sometimes they just "click" with the majority of the market i.e. The Last of Us, GTA, RDR, Witcher etc. I can easily see why Control won it for some of them.

And much like the movies for you personally it will be down to preference - which can't be good or bad. (For example I see no enjoyment in the Witcher, Dark Souls, Skyirm... but I don't think they are bad games, just not my type).

it's my opinion just like you have yours.

- It's laggy

- gameplay wise you just get dropped into the game and have no clue what's going on

- lot's of backtracking

- Framedrops

- Missions feel pointless

I can go on what I don't like. So giving me a "go play battlefield" tip doesn't cut it for me. 

Lots of gamers liked control and lots didn't like it. Well I hated it :) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

it's my opinion just like you have yours.

- It's laggy

- gameplay wise you just get dropped into the game and have no clue what's going on

- lot's of backtracking

- Framedrops

- Missions feel pointless

I can go on what I don't like. So giving me a "go play battlefield" tip doesn't cut it for me. 

Lots of gamers liked control and lots didn't like it. Well I hated it :) 

That's fair, all I expected was for you to elaborate on it - we'll disagree on the story/feel points but that is the whole point of the discussion

I didn't have too many framedrops or lag except on some more intensive boss fights on fighting lots of enemies at once and really spamming powers but nothing too major or gamebreaking (PS4Pro)

As for the missions, story, setting etc. it obviously hasn't worked for you which is fine - but I would press that the game was a true breath of fresh air and if one found fun in it really one of the highlights of last year.

• Like 3

Fucking loved the entire game, one of the only ones of recent times that doesn't hold ya hand and shove a waypoint in ya face. Imagine actually looking at a map, or using the signs in the game :whoa:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I hate how the screen gets all red when you are in low health, not only that but it happens in areas that are bathed in red light so it's impossible to see. It's just a dumb trend that really needs to go, no reason why you need to be blind in low health just make the side flash red or something. Also the white text is a pain to read in those white areas, what were they thinking.

• Like 1