"It can be for nothing"

MorbidMercenary

Okay so i get why Naughty dog's PS3 servers are being discontinued and i think its pretty cool that they decided to offer the multiplayer DLCs for Free, but whats the point if Naughty Dog is still charging $10 for the online pass.....i really curious why they would set it up like this, what was their thought or in this case perhaps lack of thought... A physical copy of this game is about $5 at GameStop rn $4 if you have a Pro Memebrship all paper online pass codes within the case all expired back in 2016... I never really liked the multiplayer but i would have definitely put up with it since they would have been unobtainable, Trophies are about having fun and didnt mind buying 8 copies from Gamestop to grind out the 100+ matches i needed or whatever , it woulda been a fun sorta challenge but instead this experience was a let down and leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so thanks Naughty Dog i spit on your servers grave

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MorbidMercenary said:

Okay so i get why Naughty dog's PS3 servers are being discontinued and i think its pretty cool that they decided to offer the multiplayer DLCs for Free, but whats the point if Naughty Dog is still charging $10 for the online pass.....i really curious why they would set it up like this, what was their thought or in this case perhaps lack of thought... A physical copy of this game is about $5 at GameStop rn $4 if you have a Pro Memebrship all paper online pass codes within the case all expired back in 2016... I never really liked the multiplayer but i would have definitely put up with it since they would have been unobtainable, Trophies are about having fun and didnt mind buying 8 copies from Gamestop to grind out the 100+ matches i needed or whatever , it woulda been a fun sorta challenge but instead this experience was a let down and leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so thanks Naughty Dog i spit on your servers grave

You got to remember that back in 2010-13 publishers where all about online passes to dissuade people from buying used copies of their games from the second hand market. The only reason they don't bother with them anymore is because digital sales soon caught up to, then over took, physical sales in the following years (so they aren't losing even remotely as much to the second hand market these days) .

I guess Naughtydog figured that if someone bought a new/sealed copy back in the day for PS3, then they ALREADY activated their online pass long ago. And if it's someone wanting to play The Last of Us THIS ganeration, then they are obviously going to purchase the superior Remaster - especially since it's very cheap, easily available and doesn't require a online pass (just PS+).

Edited by Fragtaster
  • Like 3

Oh, did the pass never end up in the DLC bundle in the US? I had that problem (Australia) at first obtaining the bundle from the mobile store, had all DLC and no pass, but I searched on the PS3 a few days later and saw that there was another bundle there, updated to include the pass. That was two weeks ago and I've finished the MP now, not sure if you'll have time to do that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

You would buy 8 copies of the game to self boost (so 8 ps3’s?) but complaining about an online pass for a few dollars?  That’s rich lol

Wouldn't that be $80, tho?

I mean, yes, he's wrong and could had easily achieved the mp trophies legit like I did in 3 days but as far as I remember each online pass was $9.99, so that isn't "a few dollars".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

I mean, yes, he's wrong and could had easily achieved the mp trophies legit like I did in 3 days but as far as I remember each online pass was $9.99, so that isn't "a few dollars".

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted.  If it is, that is crazy - but then again, so is owning 8 ps3’s to self boost 

• Like 3

What was bullshit is that I bought the game brand-new back in 2013. I don't care for online multiplayer, so never bothered with it until this year when I heard the servers were going offline.

I went to redeem the online pass, only to find that it had "expired". Ended up spending £15 on the digital version of the game, just so I could play online.

16 hours ago, djb5f said:

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted.  If it is, that is crazy - but then again, so is owning 8 ps3’s to self boost 

I can return all the copies within 14 days and get my money back, like it never happened....The 8 PS3's are more like 18 i just don't have enough televisons....the spoils of a shylock

18 hours ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

I was considering doing it legit but in my eyes buying a non refundable digit online pass for a game thats being terminated in a month is like burning money for 2 gold trophies

https://imgur.com/a/5dscgwK

Edited by MorbidMercenary
its better