Hearts/Heads decisions run

OK I did a heads run, and somehow I fucked it up as I just ended a 5 hours run with all heads decisions picked (nothing if there's no brain icon.) and the bloody trophy hasn't been unlocked.

It's REALLY hard to see what icon it is sometimes. It's really annoying as I may have to do another run.

It's the only two trophies I need to plat the game. ?

Edited by KHDelBoy

This is bullshit. I did other run, picking hearts only.

No fucking trophy. Is it limited to dialogue only or need to include actions?!

NEVER MIND!

I loaded up "Intrusion" chapter and sat right near the TV.

When ungag someone, I can see the brain icons inside both "ungag" actions.

SOOOOO.... Two more runs. Im getting fed up with this game lol.??

Seriously they need to make them much more clearer in their next game.

Edited by KHDelBoy
  • Like 1

Man that's rough. How about trying to save every 30mins and copying your save to a hdd/cloud saving so in case u fuck up, u can try and revert back and try again. I played the game on a monitor so I was pretty close to the screen and even then i made a mistake here and there so having backup saves helped immensely. I would also recommend doing it on movienight mode as once i fucked up on my heads run and when the act ended and the stats screen came up, it said player 2 had made the most hearts decisions which alerted me that I had fucked up somewhere so i reverted to an older save only losing 20 mins of progress and continued to the end. 

• Like 1

Man I've done about 14 platinums this year, give or take, this one has been the most downright exasperating. I must have made about 3 fruitless runs on top of all the ones the game makes you do. 2 of those were trying to get all 'heart' decisions. I feel like I've been hitting that Manchurian Gold and am now convinced that the game is fighting me back. The last one I need is 'all girls survive' and (minor spoilers) I can't get Junior, the dick, to just do what he's done in EVERY OTHER RUN and shoot Brad not Julia. It's just wasting my time at this point.

Until Dawn took like 2 days. This game is half the length but has taken twice as long to nail down

Update: Right. Finally. Done. With the hearts and minds runs I literally had to choose 100% of the particular dialogue and actions, and I had to do them in a fresh run. I don't know if you can pick a 'say nothing' instead of a heart/ brain because I was past the point of risking it. When there are two of one option, even for actions, you need to let the timer run out. Picking one will scrap your run, hopes and dreams.

Edited by JEDLander
More Info
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

It's extremely hard sometimes to see if there is a heart or not. It's aggravating at times. I have played through at least ten times now

I just unlocked the heads trophy (thank the fuck!)

I paused the game when action choices came up for the first time (the tiles from the fortune teller), and adjusted the settings  (both TV's own settings and in-game's brightness setting) UNTIL I can see the icons. Maybe it's worth setting the in game brightness to mid 40-50, depending on how bright your TV is.

I would suggest to the game developers to actually put in a simple icon like: ❤️ and ? for heaven's sake.

Your ACTIONS and dialogue counts towards it.

Sometimes YOU will see two same icons: if its the one you want, either one is fine. If it's NOT, just let it time out. It's the same for dialogue, if its not the both isn't the icon you want SELECT "SAY NOTHING."

You cannot pick SAY NOTHING or let it time out all of the time, as you MUST choose your desired icon if it's there.

You can fail QTEs. In fact, killing the characters means it's shorter run.

Now, I will attempt the all hearts choices run soon, and delete this damn game off my PS4.

Edited by KHDelBoy

Just did my Movie Night run with all Heads chosen. I thought it would be glitched because in the Bearings for the Kitchen, that I didn't find the knife and it was a Heart, instead of blank, so it definitely is Choices. If it shows 2 of the same Heart/Heart and you need Head, or Head/Head and you need Heart, just choose Say Nothing. So don't worry about what it says in the Bearings if you know you've chosen correctly.

Edited by Nitemares-----

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

I’m currently going for everyone survives trophy. After I do that I’m planning on doing this-either all hearts or all heads. 

You can combine the hearts/everyone survives trophy.

I just finished that run, and everyone is still alive at the end. With that...

I finally got both. And this game has been finally plat'd. Now I can delete this fucking game off my PS4 lol

If I have to go through the Chinese market introduction again, I'll scream my head off.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Oh, really? did not know that. Do you know how to get the good ending with Conrad escaping on the boat? I am guessing destroy the thing for the boat.

Yeah, escaping on the boat gives you a back up in case that engine thingy get destroyed.

But.... if the engine thingy didn't get destroyed... that's another ending for you to find out!

Edited by KHDelBoy

1 hour ago, KHDelBoy said:

Yeah, escaping on the boat gives you a back up in case that engine thingy get destroyed.

But.... if the engine thingy didn't get destroyed... that's another ending for you to find out!

From what I have read, there is about 14 different endings.... I have seen the guys one, girls one, ok military one..... bad military one..... currently going for everyone lives one

So, I am playing in movie night mode, trying to do an all hearts play through and after I got to the part where they run into the “ghost ship” before climbing on, it tells me player 5 made the “most head decisions” I don’t think I made a single one. These trophies are driving me crazy. 

1 hour ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

So, I am playing in movie night mode, trying to do an all hearts play through and after I got to the part where they run into the “ghost ship” before climbing on, it tells me player 5 made the “most head decisions” I don’t think I made a single one. These trophies are driving me crazy. 

It did that for me too, but I still unlocked the trophy. I don't think those results are very accurate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

The movie mode takes in account of ALL decisions made by the players... and the AI. You don't really control every single decision.

As long the players themselves choose the right decisions, you'll get the trophy.

• Like 1

This probably isn't very practical, but when I was doing my head/heart runs, I sat about 2-3 feet away from my TV so I wouldn't miss anything. I got them each on my first try. Also, I don't know if this works, but in accessibility options, I think there is a way to turn off "QTE timeout" or something like that? It doesn't always work for some of the split-second decisions, but I did find that it adds a couple of extra seconds to react, which might help.