Best_PC_gamer

For fastest times, what is allowed? How do you get some of these impossible times?

14 posts in this topic

A lot of these players high in the leaderboards in 100% Club have clearly used multiple game saves to earn trophies faster by going back to trophy event with a different choice, but is this really allowed? Also, I have found an impossible time even when using the game save method within the first couple of trophies achieved by the 3rd fastest player in 100% Club leaderboards. Ashley Snaps trophy was earned just about 14 minutes after Fatal Grudge. It's supposed to take about 1 hour 14 minutes in between those 2 trophies as you have to earn Fatal Grudge in order for Ashley Snaps to unlock later in the game. How was this impossible 14 minute time done? The only thing that I can think of is if that this player changed the PS4 system clock time back 1 hour after unlocking first trophy. Am I wrong about this? How else could it be done?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Best_PC_gamer said:

A lot of these players high in the leaderboards in 100% Club have clearly used multiple game saves to earn trophies faster by going back to trophy event with a different choice, but is this really allowed?

 

well yes of course this is allowed. it's a stadard in trophy hunting

 

I'm not sure about the Ashley trophy, someone else might have an answer to that

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To clarify what the above poster said:

 

- What is allowed is to create various save files to get as far as possible in all of them without earning a single trophy. That includes setting up your save files at all of the trophy events, so long as it's possible to get there without earning any trophies. That's the important distinguishing factor.

 

- What is not allowed is using those save files to skip an otherwise unskippable trophy. I haven't played this game yet, but if one trophy is completely impossible to earn without earning another, and the times between them are impossibly fast, then that's flaggable.

 

Also it's impossible to change the system clock, at least legitimately. The internal clock the system uses to stamp trophies cannot be accessed by the user. It's possible to hack trophies and create impossible time stamps, but always look at it through the lens of the 2 criteria above before reporting someone.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

To clarify what the above poster said:

 

- What is allowed is to create various save files to get as far as possible in all of them without earning a single trophy. That includes setting up your save files at all of the trophy events, so long as it's possible to get there without earning any trophies. That's the important distinguishing factor.

 

- What is not allowed is using those save files to skip an otherwise unskippable trophy. I haven't played this game yet, but if one trophy is completely impossible to earn without earning another, and the times between them are impossibly fast, then that's flaggable.

 

Also it's impossible to change the system clock, at least legitimately. The internal clock the system uses to stamp trophies cannot be accessed by the user. It's possible to hack trophies and create impossible time stamps, but always look at it through the lens of the 2 criteria above before reporting someone.

I thought hacking PS4 or PS4 trophies is impossible. Maybe that player played the game offline by using a new user without logging into Playstation Network then logged in with current account 1 hour after getting first trophy. If you did that on PS3, it would show as no trophy time stamp but does anybody know what happens if you do that on PS4? Maybe it shows an incorrect time stamp instead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 has been hackable for a long time now and I'm pretty sure your example would still return a missing time stamp. If you see that something is definitely failing the criteria above, it's probably illegitimate and should be reported.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NamoPh said:

PS4 has been hackable for a long time now and I'm pretty sure your example would still return a missing time stamp. If you see that something is definitely failing the criteria above, it's probably illegitimate and should be reported.

But how did he do it then if it wasn't done that way as he doesn't have a missing time stamp? And why would he just hack one trophy? This doesn't make any sense. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Best_PC_gamer said:

I thought hacking PS4 or PS4 trophies is impossible.

 

PS4 trophies have definitely been hacked.

 

8 hours ago, Best_PC_gamer said:

I have found an impossible time even when using the game save method within the first couple of trophies achieved

 

Then go ahead and click on the red Report these trophies as illegitimate and give your explanation about how they have been obtained referencing the Flagging rules posted above. If the team that reviews the reports thinks the reports are valid, they'll flag the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic wasn't intended to get people flagged. I was hoping to learn something new about this game and was hoping that nobody was hacking. Everybody seems to have their own way on how to get all the trophies and collectibles. I guess there isn't any short cuts in this game other than certain choices that you make.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After completely replaying Episode 6 to have Chris not shoot Ashley after a full playthrough to unlock all episodes from the menu, that change in choice only stays saved in the game save if only continuing from there. If I go to Episode 8 to try and skip Episode 7, it instantly goes back to my original full playthrough decision which was to have Chris shoot Ashley. So it appears the time stamps in question in between trophies Fatal Grudge and Ashley Snaps for 15 minutes are impossible as there is no known way to skip from the beginning of Episode 7 to the middle of Episode 8. It appears that you are able to complete your first playthrough without ever earning a trophy through a number of conditions and certain choices but the access to the episode menu will not help you skip episodes to achieve the Ashley Snaps trophy any faster than just going to a game save from first playthrough. 

If anybody knows how that player got trophies Fatal Grudge and Ashley Snaps in under 15 minutes in a legit way other than trophy hacking, please let me know.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 10:16 AM, DaivRules said:

 

PS4 trophies have definitely been hacked.

 

 

 

Then go ahead and click on the red Report these trophies as illegitimate and give your explanation about how they have been obtained referencing the Flagging rules posted above. If the team that reviews the reports thinks the reports are valid, they'll flag the game.

I have spent a long time trying to find out how those trophies are legit. I believe I have found the answer. I will test my theory later this week on another account. It has to do with certain actions within the game. The trophy unlock order is deceiving because he was working on some other trophies before his first trophy. Also, there still is no way to skip episodes from a new choice made. The key was to never actually need one trophy to pop to trigger the other trophy. This game is fascinating. There could be 3 different actions surrounding one event and either each action could trigger a different outcome or 2 actions could trigger the same outcome even if most people would assume it would trigger the other outcome. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you flag this person and they do have a legitimate explanation they will create a dispute and explain how they did it. Might be a quicker and easier way instead of doing all this testing 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

If you flag this person and they do have a legitimate explanation they will create a dispute and explain how they did it. Might be a quicker and easier way instead of doing all this testing 

Like I said before. This topic has nothing to do with flagging cheaters. I'm just trying to learn everything about this game. I don't believe anybody has hacked trophies in this game to begin with. 

 

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Or just message them and ask?

I already tried to message them but no response. I only speak English and I doubt these Asian players speak English.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From other account, I tried to find any possible way to pop Ashley Snaps trophy without shooting Ashley at the end of episode 6 and there seems to be no way to do that. Choosing to save Josh instead of Ashley from ground saw then choosing every comment option to get Chris and Ashley to hate each other then aiming at Ashley but not pulling trigger still leads to Ashley letting Chris in.  So maybe when that leaderboard Asian player got Ashley Snaps trophy 15 minutes after Fatal Grudge trophy, it was done in a way where Ashley Snaps trophy was still on same game save as Fatal Grudge. 15 minutes is still impossible to me unless someone can explain it. Even the world record playthrough times for PC has 40 minutes of playthrough between the end of episode 6 and the end of episode 8 which are the spots when those trophies pop. I heard a professional PC speedrunner say that there is a way to glitch a character outside of map but it is useless because the game doesn't continue at all when it is done.

And every time that I try to load a game save, it must overwrite the current game save so there is no way to blend game saves ether.

And after a full playthrough when you have access to chapter select, you still can't just start from episode 6 then have Chris shoot Ashley then go back to chapter select to start episode 8 to hope that skipping episode 7 won't matter because I already tried that too. It just goes back to the full playthrough game save decision which was to not shoot Ashley.

And starting new story removes the chapter select option from menu so that won't work either.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.