What game will you never get a platinum for?

Winterkill-

Several come to mind, Sonic and Sega Racing Transformed PS3/Vita, Deadlight Director's Cut, Hollow Knight, The Cube, and Singularity.

F.E.A.R. 2 due to server closure. And the one I kick myself over is Uncharted 3 for PS3 as it was incredibly doable but I forgot about servers closing.

Mind Zero - spent untold hours completing it in Expert and doing the end game, only to find I didn’t get an RNG drop for a pair of socks, then my complete skill card trophy glitched, and apparently so has my fighting every monster. There is no in game indication of what you have received or where things might drop.

So yeah, that game can do one now.

• Like 1

Spec Ops: The Line

One of my favourite games. Unfortunately FUBAR difficulty does just that to me. After many, many failed attempts I had to finally admit I was not going to git gud enough to beat it.

You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

(Really hoping for a remaster) 

Edited by Cthulu-72

I'm inclined to say Life Goes On: Done to Death - the only trophy I have left to get is to speedrun the game in an hour. You can pause it, but the best/only run I've seen basically gives you 1 minute of leeway, which is way too fine for my liking. I've done Unravel 2's 45 minute challenge speedrun, but that one was a lot more generous (you could finish 10 minutes early with no mistakes).

I consider myself as a good gamer.

I've done tactical challenges in Vanquish, I've beaten Dead Space 2 on hardcore difficulty, Evil Within on Akumu (and Evil Within 2 on classic before cheats), The Last of Us on Grounded, Hotline Miami 2 on hard mode, Spec Ops: The Line of FUBAR, CoD Black Ops on veteran. I also have platinums in WipEout HD & Omega and Mirror's Edge.

But the thing I found impossible in gaming are brutal modes in Uncharted trilogy.

It's fucking impossible to do. I've brought up those achievments above only to show how absurd is that for me. I started brutal in Uncharted 2, get to the 4 chapter and I have enough. It's infuriating. The game is simply not designed for 1 shot (sometimes 2 shots) deaths. You get up from cover for a second and you're dead, you see that grey death screen and death music over and over again.

I find it unbeatable, I'm not patient enough to do it. I have platinums in PS3 version and remasters in Uncharted trilogy but because of brutal mode I will never attain 100% completion.

Edited by xprzemo98
  • Like 3

Fubar is hard, have to admit it, but very doable.

Good thing about fubar is that staying in cover forever and taking enemies one by one really helps, it needs patience but I was feeling rewarded after each gunfight. I enjoyed that mode in opposite to Uncharted's brutal which I described above.

Edited by xprzemo98
  • Like 1

The only achievements/trophies I can't get are the online ones (there is basically no one playing on consoles in Korea), so I just stick to solo games.

Back on Xbox 360, I screwed up several 100% only because of servers glitches (trophy for ranking up lvl 45 on Crisis didn't pop but i got the one for level 50 ; trophy for getting a player of the week in FUT Fifa 2013 didn't pop and they closed the server) or because of unplayable multi (GTA IV is an absolute garbage online with lags, DC and glitches, it made me never play a Rockstar game ever; and even though i did all the Overwatch trophies legit, they added some stupid temporary event-related achievements for Halloween whose hard modes are very simple on PC with a mouse and keyboard, but impossible on a console) and i dont wanna be one of those shitbags who need boosting to get a trophy/achievement.

You just play solo games and you know that no matter the challenge, getting all trophies is only about your skills, not the servers, not the luck, not the others.

Battlefield Hardline: At the moment at least anyway, but I found the campaign to be so boring and can't be bothered to do it again on the highest difficulty

OlliOlil2: WAY too difficult for me. It ruins what is actually a neat 2D skateboarding game

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD: I love Monkey Ball but I'm not good enough at the game to complete it =(

Driveclub: Not platinum as I still am getting that, but I can't 100% the game as my DLC is broken and won't let me access certain cars

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: Because be arsed having to get all the stars and beat all the ghosts....

Prappa the Rapper Remastered: Because F**k stage 4 and it's bullsh*t

• Like 1

10 hours ago, talespagni said:

Honestly, I don't remember have much trouble with FUBAR. There are some tricky spots, sure, but I found it doable... and I remember clearly I didn't have many platinums (ie, didn't have played many difficult games) up to that point.

Maybe you played it when you were at the beginning of your trophy hunting career? I don't know.

But one thing I'm sure is, when you face a roadblock like this, it's better to take some time off the game, and come back at it later. At least it worked for me.

Wish you good luck, I'm certain you'll tame this beast someday.

Played it in 2013 so yeah it was a long time ago. Still have the disc so I could. The sandstorm section on level 3 (I still remember clearly) I just could not get past. You have to protect 2 allies, I just could not get it done.

I'm not the best gamer in the world so it may have been easy for you...but I'm an old geezer so I will use that as an excuse as well ?