First platinum in 10h

Bagwell69

1 hour ago, Jamesgunner180 said:

It’s a shame that people are using the cheat system on this masterpiece. I certainly be doing it legitimately and don’t care if it takes me up to 100+hours.

Quali cheat system?

50 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Allora, qual è il punto? Non è il primo FF che può essere completato con trucchi in breve tempo. Nessuno ti biasimerà per aver preso il tuo tempo con il gioco. Quindi non incolpare gli altri per correre attraverso di essa.

What are these tricks you can use?

4 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

Non mi interessano affatto i trucchi, e non ho intenzione di usarli.

Sto prendendo il mio tempo in questo momento con questo fantastico gioco, proprio come ho fatto quando è uscito nel 1999. Ho quasi finito con Ifrit e diretto verso l'esame Dollet SeeD (un segmento incredibile nel gioco, con il robot ragno inseguitore).

E onestamente: se ti piace vagliare un gioco come questo con trucchi, sono affari tuoi, ma non farei mai qualcosa di così basso. Penso che sia inferiore vantarsi di ottenere un platino così veloce se hai inchiostato il vostro senso attraverso di esso, a differenza di persone che effettivamente prendono il loro tempo e affrontare il gioco correttamente, dimostrando abilità e sforzo.

Io, per esempio, metterò dozzine di ore in questo gioco, perché è quello che merita. Una sottovalutata fd, a mio parere. E uno che merita di essere placcato nel modo onorevole.

I do and I will do as you do, it was just my curiosity.
However, are there missile trophies? From the various guides I have read about steam it is not clear

If it is possible then somebody is going to do it. I wouldn't worry about how other people play games and won't presume upon whether they enjoyed their experience or not, just because you prefer to take your time doesn't mean that everyone else will want to play like that. FYI- I'm in the camp of leisurely playing but I won't worry myself about the speedy type. More power to them if that's what they like.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darktore said:

I do and I will do as you do, it was just my curiosity.
However, are there missile trophies? From the various guides I have read about steam it is not clear

Opened a thread about this very thing, just before you posted your message. I'm wondering about the same thing, so feel free to check the thread.

Just now, Stan Lee said:

If it is possible then somebody is going to do it. I wouldn't worry about how other people play games and won't presume upon whether they enjoyed their experience or not, just because you prefer to take your time doesn't mean that everyone else will want to play like that. FYI- I'm in the camp of leisurely playing but I won't worry myself about the speedy type. More power to them if that's what they like.

Oh, that's totally up to them. If that's the way they enjoy their games and getting their trophies, nobody should stop them. But flaunting your stuff everywhere afterwards to show how fast you completed the game and how well you did, is pretty presumptuous. That's not a testament of skill, that's just being lazy.

15 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

Oh, that's totally up to them. If that's the way they enjoy their games and getting their trophies, nobody should stop them. But flaunting your stuff everywhere afterwards to show how fast you completed the game and how well you did, is pretty presumptuous. That's not a testament of skill, that's just being lazy.

Who's flaunting here, though? The site lists the first earners as a feature, does it not? And in certain parts of the communities- i.e. speedrunning- it is considered skillful. 

• Like 1

Not sure this thread has any point. I'm trying to figure it out from the point of view of the OP though.

Using the cheats in this isn't something for people to get bothered about, I can't see anyone flaunting their fast completion time in here or bragging. And if they do then....cool? It doesn't impact anything at all. I don't see what the issue is. 

I'd only be frustrated if it affected the actual game when i played it for myself or it diminished the quality of the game somehow, but it doesn't. So no big deal. Enjoy your copy of FF8, don't worry about people who speed through it on theirs :)

• Like 1