Trophy Thoughts

AnEldritchThing

It looks like a lot of fun and i'm getting it, but yeah it looks like it'll take multiple playthroughs as you have to have a relationship with each companion and certain choices will make companions turn against you so i'm assuming you'll need at least 2 playthroughs.

Not sure if there is a NG+ mode but i'm really excited about this game

17 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

It looks like a lot of fun and i'm getting it, but yeah it looks like it'll take multiple playthroughs as you have to have a relationship with each companion and certain choices will make companions turn against you so i'm assuming you'll need at least 2 playthroughs.

Not sure if there is a NG+ mode but i'm really excited about this game

Going by their previous game with relationships, Bound By Flame, the relationships were only for straight characters, so you had to play through the game twice, once per gender. The relationship stuff in that game allowed you to build everything up until the last act, in which you would get together with one of the two gender-appropriate characters for that run. So the way to minimize the required playtime was to make a save at the beginning of the last act, move forward with one character, get the trophy, then load up the last act save and get together with the other character. And of course with one of the two relationships you would complete the game and also make any end-of-game decisions as well. If they took the same approach with this game then you'll have at least 2+ runs to make.

Hopefully the 4 different game end decision trophies can be save scummed rather than being a culmination of choices over the story campaign.

Just now, Stormwarrior90 said:

I don't think so... 

2 run for me normal (with all the save scum for endings) and extreme. 

Technomancer you could just change the difficulty right at the very end. They did patch it, but on 1.00 you could defeat the end boss, change the difficulty in the menu, watch the credits, and the extreme trophy would pop.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Technomancer you could just change the difficulty right at the very end. They did patch it, but on 1.00 you could defeat the end boss, change the difficulty in the menu, watch the credits, and the extreme trophy would pop.

Too easy, where is the Fun? 

Personally I really enjoyed in extreme mode

This looks really interesting, The environments look lovely, but the facial animations look a bit Playstation 3. Not that this is a deal breaker, but i'll do the same as I did with Remnant:From the Ashes - i'll give it some time and space, see the reviews and first impressions & launch bugs etc then make a call.

I do honestly love the concepts on show here though, the setting, story themes, choice and consequence, dialogue trees etc are right up my alley. Keeping both eyes on this with optimism. Fingers crossed!

If you haven't checked them out, the production videos they've been releasing are really interesting to watch too.

2 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Going by their previous game with relationships, Bound By Flame, the relationships were only for straight characters, so you had to play through the game twice, once per gender. The relationship stuff in that game allowed you to build everything up until the last act, in which you would get together with one of the two gender-appropriate characters for that run. So the way to minimize the required playtime was to make a save at the beginning of the last act, move forward with one character, get the trophy, then load up the last act save and get together with the other character. And of course with one of the two relationships you would complete the game and also make any end-of-game decisions as well. If they took the same approach with this game then you'll have at least 2+ runs to make.

Hopefully the 4 different game end decision trophies can be save scummed rather than being a culmination of choices over the story campaign.

i still have to play both bound by flame and technomancer, both have been relegated to backlog hell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thermopyle2 said:

I liked BbF though the hard mode on that is pretty rough. Technomancer is straight up terrible though and I do recommend skipping it.

Straight up terrible seems like a stretch. It was certainly of a higher quality then BbF, and I thought the concept of the game was a lot more interesting. Really the only issue I had with it was the dull voice acting.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XXIIlII said:

Please be easier than witcher 3 death march 

DM wasn’t too difficult imo, there was just a steep learning curve early on and once you could get Witcher gear and one or two better weapons, you became at one with dealing with enemies relatively quickly. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bungles--Finger said:

DM wasn’t too difficult imo, there was just a steep learning curve early on and once you could get Witcher gear and one or two better weapons, you became at one with dealing with enemies relatively quickly. 

Yeah, Death March was only really tough in the beginning. I liked how you went from struggling hard to destroying just about everything easily once you got good gear and leveled up as well as improving your personal skill. Some people wanted DM to be super difficult all the way through but I enjoyed the way it was.

As for Greedfall, if I get it, I will most likely start on the hardest difficulty to save a second full playthrough. Really hope the reviews turn out well. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thinger95 said:

Always hate difficulty trophies on 100+hrs rpgs. It looks like a cheap way to make the game last longer. Looking at you, Witcher 3.

This is not 100+ hours, Spiders said 30 40 with some secondary, with all secondary quests around 50 60

Anyway the list look very similar to the the Technomancer, no need multiples playthrough with the save scum before choices, the best way will be two run, one in normal to enjoy the game e one in extreme mode

Edited by Stormwarrior90

On 9/4/2019 at 5:40 AM, Thinger95 said:

Always hate difficulty trophies on 100+hrs rpgs. It looks like a cheap way to make the game last longer. Looking at you, Witcher 3.

I agree, I just hate when they do that, also DA:I.

My only concern is the diff trophy, this developers games are REALLY hard on the hardest diff. Like I did a lot of difficulty trophies for games, but their games I actually hated for how difficult they were (not a patient person), and they were actually HARD lol. Witcher 3 started hard and became relatively easy, DA:I gave me a lot of trouble at the beginning. I couldn't do Technomancer legit, I actually used the diff. trick at the end. Bound by flame was a nightmare. Hopefully this is more balanced, because I am seeing videos for the game, and it looks easy-ish, so hopefully Extreme isn't THAT extreme.

Edited by Mlle_bella