Trophy Thoughts

AnEldritchThing

So, I've been playing it for 15+ hours and i can tell it's pretty fun RPG that puts story in first place. You have multiple tasks to do, some companions questline, some side missions, and lot of running and dialogs. Almost every side/companion quest can be done using either power or speech. Some require sneak or disguise. There is no much of an open world to explore (not even close to W3 or Skyrim), but it feels good to just roam inside of city or forest. Fighting system is ok, better than Skyrim, worse than W3 - but it's fun. 

If you like RPGs and immersive games then give it a try ;)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MGWhiteboy95 said:

So, I've been playing it for 15+ hours and i can tell it's pretty fun RPG that puts story in first place. You have multiple tasks to do, some companions questline, some side missions, and lot of running and dialogs. Almost every side/companion quest can be done using either power or speech. Some require sneak or disguise. There is no much of an open world to explore (not even close to W3 or Skyrim), but it feels good to just roam inside of city or forest. Fighting system is ok, better than Skyrim, worse than W3 - but it's fun. 

If you like RPGs and immersive games then give it a try ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Probably going to pick it up on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 8:15 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Starting it today on Extreme mode, for me The Witcher 3 on Death March was so fun and easy, let's see this one

Extreme mode is pretty rough at the beginning as ranged users taking potshots while I was preoccupied with melee enemies could almost one shot me. Luckily you can solve most quests in the starting city without combat to get some money and experience. Just arrived on the main island of the game and have two other party members so we'll how it goes from here. 

Edited by Killbomb

Also starting the game today, would you recommend the first playthrough on extreme? What other beginner's tips are there?

3 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Extreme mode is pretty rough at the beginning as ranged users taking potshots while I was preoccupied with melee enemies could almost one shot me. Luckily you can solve most quests in the starting city without combat to get some money and experience. Just arrived on the main island of the game and have two other party members so we'll how it goes from here. 

There is no NG+ so you might as well do Extreme mode first to potentially make it a one playthrough Platinum depending on how many trophies rely on choices. I haven't looked at all of them to avoid spoilers.

A few things that I think will make it easier are to concentrate on the Firearms skill and the Accuracy attribute so you can use the best guns as you want to stay away from enemies as much as possible on Extreme. The Science talent also seems useful so you can craft potions and ammo.

Stealth is useful in the open areas. There are potions that reduce your visibility as well making it possible to kill entire groups of enemies with nobody noticing you're there or least thinning the herd before combat. 

Edited by Killbomb

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

There is no NG+ so you might as well do Extreme mode first to potentially make it a one playthrough Platinum depending on how many trophies rely on choices. I haven't looked at all of them to avoid spoilers.

A few things that I think will make it easier are to concentrate on the Firearms skill and the Accuracy attribute so you can use the best guns as you want to stay away from enemies as much as possible on Extreme. The Science talent also seems useful so you can craft potions and ammo.

Stealth is useful in the open areas. There are potions that reduce your visibility as well making it possible to kill entire groups of enemies with nobody noticing you're there or least thinning the herd before combat. 

Which class did you pick? I tried Warrior on my second account but it seemed extremely hard for me. I want to try Magic next, maybe that's a little bit easier for me.

I'm wondering what other people think and how the Technical class is compared to the other two classes. Can everyone use guns? Or only the Warrior?

2 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Which class did you pick? I tried Warrior on my second account but it seemed extremely hard for me. I want to try Magic next, maybe that's a little bit easier for me.

I'm wondering what other people think and how the Technical class is compared to the other two classes. Can everyone use guns? Or only the Warrior?

I chose Warrior but I kind of wish I had went Technical for earlier access to traps. No skills are locked out by your starting class so any character can use guns if they unlock the skill with skill points. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

At level 20 as a technical now on extreme difficulty. Guns and traps are strong and very viable but I WOULD NOT recommend starting out as a technical. Having the ammo and resources for traps at low level is a constant grind, you will always be low on supplies until a little later on. For me at about level 15 (and level 3 science) things started to take off. The game now feels easy and I am no longer running out of ammo or traps (though I have to buy materials from every vendor I see). Also any spec can use guns. Using a hybrid build now that uses magic as a primary and guns/traps while I'm regenerating magic. Feels really good, though my attributes/talents are more spread thin than if I focused on one thing.

Would highly recommend magic for low levels on extreme difficulty. You have early access to lots of damage and CC. And it doesn't require the resources technical does, magic just regens naturally. You also don't have to worry about enemy armor like the other 2 specs would. Only spec I have not played is warrior. Melee combat seemed far more difficult than ranged on extreme difficulty, but it's possible I did not have the right skills or strategy.

Edited by Contraire42
  • Like 1

I'm level 11 or 12 now and I no longer fear battles on Extreme. Got my dodge roll, guns, traps, Science 2 for making more ammo and traps and finally melee for finishing off enemies and expending Rage. Melee alone is clunky but when you use all your options, the combat is really fun to me. I am surprised I am liking this game so much. I would love to see what Spiders could do with a AAA budget. 

• Like 2

Spoiler
19 hours ago, velmenni said:

I happened to see my name mentioned. I'm not usually a big forum poster - in fact, this be my first post here, but I have seen and been getting some questions anyway, so here are some notes. (not an in-depth trophy guide/walkthrough)

For background: I played the game early because I physically bought a physical copy in a physical store with physical money a week ago. I'm not a reviewer, ""ïnfluencer"" or otherwise someone who 'gets games early'.

Some general info:

• I finished the game the first time at level 37 on Extreme, I played mostly Magic, but I also used other weapons (not only for the trophies).
  • You receive more than 1 Memory Crystal (I had 7 at the end of the game)
  • Exploration isn't always as rewarding, because often you'll discover areas, but have to return there for quests (much) later anyway. Also, you may find gear/weapons, but they may have too high requirements for when you find them.
  • Poison is dangerous, and looks like a 'green flame' above your head. If you're wondering why you're suddenly dead, that may be why.
  • Gun-wielding enemies are dangerous and can 1-2 shot you on Extreme. Same for 'Guardians'.
  • "Put a little poison on my blade and let's go!"
  • Charisma isn't always the best or most satisfying way to 'solve' situations. Speaking of Charisma, capes grant +1 to Charisma.
  • About Talents: Putting 3 points in any talent is probably unwise, since you'll be able to get +1 bonus from either gear or companions (if high enough reputation). So unless you want to be sure you always have 3 in a certain Talent, 2 is probably enough.
  • Don't sell/recycle your "Blacksmith Gloves", because it gives +1 to Craftsmanship, which is useful during some quests. They allow you to not put any points in Craftsmanship and still have the option to use it during quests. Also useful if Kurt isn't in your party. (I believe there is a DLC version as well, but I don't have any DLC)
  • About 'disguises': It's mostly Naut and 'guard' uniforms, I don't recall any other faction's gear being used as disguise.

About getting the Platinum, also spoilers.

1. If you are interested in getting the Platinum trophy in the least amount of playthroughs*, don't use my trophy list as 'guidance', because

• a. My trophy order is - in hindsight - (very) unoptimal. *By this I mean starting a new game the least amount of times.
  • b. Some trophies are mutually exclusive and can only be obtained during the same playthrough by reloading earlier saves, most of these are obvious.

Of course I didn't know any of this and 'made the wrong choice' for my first playthrough and had to play more than would have been necessary.

2. About the Extreme difficulty trophy. My first playthrough was on Extreme from start to finish, so I don't know if switching between difficulties invalidates that trophy.

3. About """"Romance""" trophies. (I don't care for """romance""" in videogames and it's the one 'Bioware-esqe' feature I could have done without). If I remember it correctly, you can only be in one (1) relationship per playthrough. Meaning: if you choose to """romance""" a companion, you cannot 'do' another. I noticed (and suspected/anticipated) this when I happened to have 2 companions in a romanceable state and choosing the first one, the other one didn't have the option anymore. This is from memory so I may remember incorrectly, but be aware of this.

Some more detailed notes about 1. a&b and Companions. Spoilers, so avoid if you want to avoid spoilers about companions. There is a pretty big spoiler in there so consider yourself warned.

Reveal hidden contents

My first playthrough was as Male. As you can see I got 3 relationship trophies.  I'm assuming it's similar, but probably another set, for the female main character. No comment on that, it's 2019. Keep in mind that IIRC you cannot form a 'harem', so reload/revert saves. I 'should have' played as a female main character first. Here's the spoiler (not sure if this forum handles nested spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Technically the trophy 'Betrayal in blood' cannot be obtained during the same playthrough where you are in a relationship with Kurt. Because for that trophy you need to not do his quests, and he also dies. If you do his quests, you can get the 'Missed coup' trophy instead.

So I had to start a new playthrough as female to get the trophy for relationship with Kurt, and also to get the "Betrayal in blood" , "A preserved Alliance and

"In the name of the Enlightened". The last two are mutually exclusive too, so make sure you make/keep saves for those (not sure where exactly anymore).

What I did was first do Kurt's first 2 quests, play through 'Treason' which exactly like the first time, do his 3rd quest. Watch the Bioware scene and revert to save where I didn't any of Kurt's quests and continue.

So ideally the playthrough where you want to do all companion quests should be played as female, that way you don't have to worry about Kurt, or deal with replaying/reloading parts. It also potentially means you don't have to actually play a complete second playthrough as male, depending if you can figure out to manage to get all Endings during your female (Extreme) playthrough (see below).

Companions each have 3 quests and some dialog in between with options that can give +2/-2/0 reputation with them. If 'done right' they will ask you to 'be alone with them'. You can postpone this, but there was at least some occasion where I had to talk to one of them in that state for a different quest and they would ask me. So if it's just about the trophies, use saves to pop them and then maybe later decide who you'd want your character to be in a relationship with, if that matters to you. Also, the 5th companion is an old bishop, so don't bother trying. He does have 3 quests though.

4. There may be something weird going on with "Curiosity Cabinet" (Collect ingredients 200 times). My first playthrough was ~55 hours and very thorough. I was surprised to not have that trophy pop by the end of it. My second (start to finish playthrough) was ~17 hours and I didn't get it during that one either. At that point it was the last remaining trophy and apparently nobody else had been able to get it either. It doesn't seem like a difficult/special trophy, so I thought it might be bugged/glitched and maybe it is. I had a couple of theories/ideas:

• a. It's bugged/glitchy making it unobtainable for everyone and needs fix/patch.
  • b. It's bugged/glitchy for me (I had some crashes and reloaded saves several times)
  • c. Trophy description is wrong/misleading and it's not 'harvesting' 200 times, but getting certain/special ingredients
  • d. Trophy is actually about Recycling gear/weapons, because that dialog mentions 'collecting' (but rather 'components', not 'ingredients')
  • e. It's (very) delayed, like for example one of the (crafting?) trophies in The Last Remnant Remastered.
  • f. 'Insight' breakes this.
  • g. Patch 1.02 (may be 1.01 for US) broke this.

Anyway, because it was the the last trophy to get and I would prefer to get some closure and move on (I'm building a new PC and the last parts arrived the day before) I reverted back to 1.00 (disc version) and started a new playthrough (0 Insight). I mostly only explored around, clicking plants, trees and rocks and keeping a tally. After ~5.5 hours (1 hour in Serene because I couldn't help myself..) it popped. Unfortunately I can't say for sure if reverting to 1.00 was necessary, because it could have still been Insight causing it, or something else. It doesn't appear to be 'special' ingredients, because it popped when harvesting a berry bush and the platinum screenshot shows getting 'Hawtorne'. Also, my tally was only at ~175, so I'm really not sure what is going on with it.

5. About trophies related endings/choices. Without spoilers, some 'rules':

There are 5 Ending trophies

• One is a matter of picking a different option at the end (and reloading a save). It's pretty obvious I'd say.
  • Three of the Endings are the result of a choice during the last part of the game, also pretty obvious in my opinion. To get the other 2 Endings you have to reload a save from before you made that decision and replay the part after that, took me about ~1.5 hours (on Normal).
  • The other Ending can probably also be gotten during that same playthrough, but requires more planning and save file management. I got it during my second playthrough, which may not have been necessary to complete after all.

So in short, I believe all Ending trophies can be obtained by starting a new game only once.

More detail in spoilers, there will be spoilers so don't read if you don't want spoilers.

Hide contents

• The Ending trophies "A Better World", "Island for Sale" and "Back to the Roots" are related to your choice of which leader to make High-King. So make a save before giving the crown to anyone, in fact make a save before you go search a certain 'crown', or at least before you 'enter an area where you think something may happen if you'd enter it'.
  • The Ending trophy "New gods" is one of the choices after the final Boss. I believe you can pick this option any time, regardless of above choice or below scenario.
  • The Ending trophy "A big step towards peace" is at least dependent on not having high enough reputation with all factions. In other words, your reputation with at least one of the factions (Theleme, Bridge Alliance, Coin Guard, Natives, Nauts) has to be 'too low' to make an alliance with them (for the trophy "All for one, one for all!", this is near the end too). I'm not sure how low is 'too low', I'm pretty sure 'Friendly' is too high, but I don't know about 'Nice'. 'Suspicous' is definitely low enough.

My first playthrough I had been doing (side)quests diligently so my reputation with all factions was 'Friendly' (although I tried lowering it with the Nauts by walking into their areas, but that didn't seem to have (fast) enough negative impact, although I might have worked eventually. At the time I wasn't sure what the requirements for this trophy were, I thought It'd also require some of your companions to be 'missing'. So I left it for my second playthrough.

The way I think it could be done with the same character, is by having high enough reputation with all factions except the Nauts. Making a save before you're asked to 'make an alliance against Constantin', get your reputation with the Nauts up (if it's too low, there is still the opportunity to do quests for them and probably get it, but I'm not sure if that would work, because I didn't try and care). Get your alliance, get your 'crown' endings, revert to the save with 'too low' Naut standings, go through the final part again. Could work, don't quote me on it. I do think "A big step towards peace" is only about factions, not companions. Again, I'm not 100% certain, because the playthrough where I got it I had both some factions and a companion 'missing'.

This was way more/longer than I intended. I hope it's not too much (detail). Maybe it's useful to anyone

Spoiler

For the Trophy The Ending trophy "A big step towards peace" is at least dependent on not having high enough reputation with all factions. In other words, your reputation with at least one of the factions (Theleme, Bridge Alliance, Coin Guard, Natives, Nauts) has to be 'too low' to make an alliance with them (for the trophy "All for one, one for all!", this is near the end too). I'm not sure how low is 'too low', I'm pretty sure 'Friendly' is too high, but I don't know about 'Nice'. 'Suspicous' is definitely low enough.

Not sure why this is completely different in my game. I have all companions and fractions on Friendly but got this trophy directly. Reading the description of the trophy this does not make any sense and it should have been the "A Better World" I would have guessed. Only not sure now how I can achieve A Better World trophy 

3 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

For the Trophy The Ending trophy "A big step towards peace" is at least dependent on not having high enough reputation with all factions. In other words, your reputation with at least one of the factions (Theleme, Bridge Alliance, Coin Guard, Natives, Nauts) has to be 'too low' to make an alliance with them (for the trophy "All for one, one for all!", this is near the end too). I'm not sure how low is 'too low', I'm pretty sure 'Friendly' is too high, but I don't know about 'Nice'. 'Suspicous' is definitely low enough.

Not sure why this is completely different in my game. I have all companions and fractions on Friendly but got this trophy directly. Reading the description of the trophy this does not make any sense and it should have been the "A Better World" I would have guessed. Only not sure now how I can achieve A Better World trophy 

Strange, looking at your list it seems* your playthrough was similar to my first one (* I know it doesn't necessarily tell exactly what you did if you reloaded/reverted saves). 

<continued behind spoiler tag>

Spoiler

I'm assuming you gave the crown to Dunncas? For me the Ending trophies were like this:

• Dunncass == "A Better World"
  • Ulann == "Island for Sale"
  • Derdre == "Back to the Roots" (you can give the crown to her directly when she asks for it after you pick it up, but it won't allow you to make a save to pick the other 2 if you hadn't yet)

It looks as if you also have other circumstances like I did:

• Avoid the coup by the Coin Guard
  • Complete all companion quests
  • Alliance against Constantin 5/5, which probably needs "Friendly" with all 5

Not sure if doing all (non companion) side-quests is also necessary, I see you did at least 20 for the trophy. Maybe certain ones are required?

Here are the ones I did during that playthrough, 27 or 23 without 'tutorial quests'. Also, I only found the campfires, not all the notes, but I doubt that matters..

• Tutorial / Before the Departure (4/4)
  • Coin Guard / The Shadows of the Guard (5/5)
  • Natives / The Children of Teer Fradee (6/6)
  • Bridge Alliance / In the Name of Science (4/4)
  • Thélème / The Origins of Thélème (4/4)
  • Nauts / The Nauts' Secrets (4/4)

I also gave the crown to Duncass in my incompete playthrough for "A big step towards peace"

Edited by velmenni

4 hours ago, velmenni said:

Strange, looking at your list it seems* your playthrough was similar to my first one (* I know it doesn't necessarily tell exactly what you did if you reloaded/reverted saves). 

<continued behind spoiler tag>

Hide contents

I'm assuming you gave the crown to Dunncas? For me the Ending trophies were like this:

• Dunncass == "A Better World"
  • Ulann == "Island for Sale"
  • Derdre == "Back to the Roots" (you can give the crown to her directly when she asks for it after you pick it up, but it won't allow you to make a save to pick the other 2 if you hadn't yet)

It looks as if you also have other circumstances like I did:

• Avoid the coup by the Coin Guard
  • Complete all companion quests
  • Alliance against Constantin 5/5, which probably needs "Friendly" with all 5

Not sure if doing all (non companion) side-quests is also necessary, I see you did at least 20 for the trophy. Maybe certain ones are required?

Here are the ones I did during that playthrough, 27 or 23 without 'tutorial quests'. Also, I only found the campfires, not all the notes, but I doubt that matters..

• Tutorial / Before the Departure (4/4)
  • Coin Guard / The Shadows of the Guard (5/5)
  • Natives / The Children of Teer Fradee (6/6)
  • Bridge Alliance / In the Name of Science (4/4)
  • Thélème / The Origins of Thélème (4/4)
  • Nauts / The Nauts' Secrets (4/4)

I also gave the crown to Duncass in my incompete playthrough for "A big step towards peace"

This is really helpful so much appreciated for you reply and detailed description. 

So as you already expected I indeed made Dunncas the King. At the moment I made him the King I had everybody friendly except the Coin Guards.

Actually, for the alliance against Constantin 5/5, l also had everybody except the Coin Guards Friendly. The Coin guards were suspicious during my whole game. It was not until the end of the game, where I noticed that I missed doing 3 side missions for the Coin Guards which made them Friendly. 

This makes me think:

- You can still get the alliance without having every alliance “friendly” or at least “nice” as I was able to get it with the coin Guards being “Suspicious”. I interacted as last with them as I thought that it would been helpful to convince them if I already had the others as alliances. 

- But, having one or more alliances “Suspicious” at the moment you form the Alliance will already set the requirements for the difference between obtaining the “A better world” or “A big step towards peace” as I otherwise would not know why I got “A big step towards peace”. 

I have a save before I search for the crown so I am trying out different scenarios. Especially will try to get everybody Friendly before I form an alliance this time as I think that will impact my endings. 

When you did the three Trophies related to the Kings did you have all your Alliances “Friendly” or at least “Nice” all 3 times? 

27 minutes ago, JaapertNL said:

When you did the three Trophies related to the Kings did you have all your Alliances “Friendly” or at least “Nice” all 3 times? 

At the point where I went to talk to Glendan for the quest "A new High King", I had already finished all other side quests (faction and companion) and everybody was "Friendly" (faction and companion). Hopefully you'll be able to fix with your earlier save.

On 13/9/2019 at 9:29 AM, velmenni said:
Spoiler

I happened to see my name mentioned. I'm not usually a big forum poster - in fact, this be my first post here, but I have seen and been getting some questions anyway, so here are some notes. (not an in-depth trophy guide/walkthrough)

For background: I played the game early because I physically bought a physical copy in a physical store with physical money a week ago. I'm not a reviewer, ""ïnfluencer"" or otherwise someone who 'gets games early'.

Some general info:

• I finished the game the first time at level 37 on Extreme, I played mostly Magic, but I also used other weapons (not only for the trophies).
  • You receive more than 1 Memory Crystal (I had 7 at the end of the game)
  • Exploration isn't always as rewarding, because often you'll discover areas, but have to return there for quests (much) later anyway. Also, you may find gear/weapons, but they may have too high requirements for when you find them.
  • Poison is dangerous, and looks like a 'green flame' above your head. If you're wondering why you're suddenly dead, that may be why.
  • Gun-wielding enemies are dangerous and can 1-2 shot you on Extreme. Same for 'Guardians'.
  • "Put a little poison on my blade and let's go!"
  • Charisma isn't always the best or most satisfying way to 'solve' situations. Speaking of Charisma, capes grant +1 to Charisma.
  • About Talents: Putting 3 points in any talent is probably unwise, since you'll be able to get +1 bonus from either gear or companions (if high enough reputation). So unless you want to be sure you always have 3 in a certain Talent, 2 is probably enough.
  • Don't sell/recycle your "Blacksmith Gloves", because it gives +1 to Craftsmanship, which is useful during some quests. They allow you to not put any points in Craftsmanship and still have the option to use it during quests. Also useful if Kurt isn't in your party. (I believe there is a DLC version as well, but I don't have any DLC)
  • About 'disguises': It's mostly Naut and 'guard' uniforms, I don't recall any other faction's gear being used as disguise.

About getting the Platinum, also spoilers.

1. If you are interested in getting the Platinum trophy in the least amount of playthroughs*, don't use my trophy list as 'guidance', because

• a. My trophy order is - in hindsight - (very) unoptimal. *By this I mean starting a new game the least amount of times.
  • b. Some trophies are mutually exclusive and can only be obtained during the same playthrough by reloading earlier saves, most of these are obvious.

Of course I didn't know any of this and 'made the wrong choice' for my first playthrough and had to play more than would have been necessary.

2. About the Extreme difficulty trophy. My first playthrough was on Extreme from start to finish, so I don't know if switching between difficulties invalidates that trophy.

3. About """"Romance""" trophies. (I don't care for """romance""" in videogames and it's the one 'Bioware-esqe' feature I could have done without). If I remember it correctly, you can only be in one (1) relationship per playthrough. Meaning: if you choose to """romance""" a companion, you cannot 'do' another. I noticed (and suspected/anticipated) this when I happened to have 2 companions in a romanceable state and choosing the first one, the other one didn't have the option anymore. This is from memory so I may remember incorrectly, but be aware of this.

Some more detailed notes about 1. a&b and Companions. Spoilers, so avoid if you want to avoid spoilers about companions. There is a pretty big spoiler in there so consider yourself warned.

Reveal hidden contents

My first playthrough was as Male. As you can see I got 3 relationship trophies.  I'm assuming it's similar, but probably another set, for the female main character. No comment on that, it's 2019. Keep in mind that IIRC you cannot form a 'harem', so reload/revert saves. I 'should have' played as a female main character first. Here's the spoiler (not sure if this forum handles nested spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Technically the trophy 'Betrayal in blood' cannot be obtained during the same playthrough where you are in a relationship with Kurt. Because for that trophy you need to not do his quests, and he also dies. If you do his quests, you can get the 'Missed coup' trophy instead.

So I had to start a new playthrough as female to get the trophy for relationship with Kurt, and also to get the "Betrayal in blood" , "A preserved Alliance and

"In the name of the Enlightened". The last two are mutually exclusive too, so make sure you make/keep saves for those (not sure where exactly anymore).

What I did was first do Kurt's first 2 quests, play through 'Treason' which exactly like the first time, do his 3rd quest. Watch the Bioware scene and revert to save where I didn't any of Kurt's quests and continue.

So ideally the playthrough where you want to do all companion quests should be played as female, that way you don't have to worry about Kurt, or deal with replaying/reloading parts. It also potentially means you don't have to actually play a complete second playthrough as male, depending if you can figure out to manage to get all Endings during your female (Extreme) playthrough (see below).

Companions each have 3 quests and some dialog in between with options that can give +2/-2/0 reputation with them. If 'done right' they will ask you to 'be alone with them'. You can postpone this, but there was at least some occasion where I had to talk to one of them in that state for a different quest and they would ask me. So if it's just about the trophies, use saves to pop them and then maybe later decide who you'd want your character to be in a relationship with, if that matters to you. Also, the 5th companion is an old bishop, so don't bother trying. He does have 3 quests though.

4. There may be something weird going on with "Curiosity Cabinet" (Collect ingredients 200 times). My first playthrough was ~55 hours and very thorough. I was surprised to not have that trophy pop by the end of it. My second (start to finish playthrough) was ~17 hours and I didn't get it during that one either. At that point it was the last remaining trophy and apparently nobody else had been able to get it either. It doesn't seem like a difficult/special trophy, so I thought it might be bugged/glitched and maybe it is. I had a couple of theories/ideas:

• a. It's bugged/glitchy making it unobtainable for everyone and needs fix/patch.
  • b. It's bugged/glitchy for me (I had some crashes and reloaded saves several times)
  • c. Trophy description is wrong/misleading and it's not 'harvesting' 200 times, but getting certain/special ingredients
  • d. Trophy is actually about Recycling gear/weapons, because that dialog mentions 'collecting' (but rather 'components', not 'ingredients')
  • e. It's (very) delayed, like for example one of the (crafting?) trophies in The Last Remnant Remastered.
  • f. 'Insight' breakes this.
  • g. Patch 1.02 (may be 1.01 for US) broke this.

Anyway, because it was the the last trophy to get and I would prefer to get some closure and move on (I'm building a new PC and the last parts arrived the day before) I reverted back to 1.00 (disc version) and started a new playthrough (0 Insight). I mostly only explored around, clicking plants, trees and rocks and keeping a tally. After ~5.5 hours (1 hour in Serene because I couldn't help myself..) it popped. Unfortunately I can't say for sure if reverting to 1.00 was necessary, because it could have still been Insight causing it, or something else. It doesn't appear to be 'special' ingredients, because it popped when harvesting a berry bush and the platinum screenshot shows getting 'Hawtorne'. Also, my tally was only at ~175, so I'm really not sure what is going on with it.

5. About trophies related endings/choices. Without spoilers, some 'rules':

There are 5 Ending trophies

• One is a matter of picking a different option at the end (and reloading a save). It's pretty obvious I'd say.
  • Three of the Endings are the result of a choice during the last part of the game, also pretty obvious in my opinion. To get the other 2 Endings you have to reload a save from before you made that decision and replay the part after that, took me about ~1.5 hours (on Normal).
  • The other Ending can probably also be gotten during that same playthrough, but requires more planning and save file management. I got it during my second playthrough, which may not have been necessary to complete after all.

So in short, I believe all Ending trophies can be obtained by starting a new game only once.

More detail in spoilers, there will be spoilers so don't read if you don't want spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

• The Ending trophies "A Better World", "Island for Sale" and "Back to the Roots" are related to your choice of which leader to make High-King. So make a save before giving the crown to anyone, in fact make a save before you go search a certain 'crown', or at least before you 'enter an area where you think something may happen if you'd enter it'.
  • The Ending trophy "New gods" is one of the choices after the final Boss. I believe you can pick this option any time, regardless of above choice or below scenario.
  • The Ending trophy "A big step towards peace" is at least dependent on not having high enough reputation with all factions. In other words, your reputation with at least one of the factions (Theleme, Bridge Alliance, Coin Guard, Natives, Nauts) has to be 'too low' to make an alliance with them (for the trophy "All for one, one for all!", this is near the end too). I'm not sure how low is 'too low', I'm pretty sure 'Friendly' is too high, but I don't know about 'Nice'. 'Suspicous' is definitely low enough.

My first playthrough I had been doing (side)quests diligently so my reputation with all factions was 'Friendly' (although I tried lowering it with the Nauts by walking into their areas, but that didn't seem to have (fast) enough negative impact, although I might have worked eventually. At the time I wasn't sure what the requirements for this trophy were, I thought It'd also require some of your companions to be 'missing'. So I left it for my second playthrough.

The way I think it could be done with the same character, is by having high enough reputation with all factions except the Nauts. Making a save before you're asked to 'make an alliance against Constantin', get your reputation with the Nauts up (if it's too low, there is still the opportunity to do quests for them and probably get it, but I'm not sure if that would work, because I didn't try and care). Get your alliance, get your 'crown' endings, revert to the save with 'too low' Naut standings, go through the final part again. Could work, don't quote me on it. I do think "A big step towards peace" is only about factions, not companions. Again, I'm not 100% certain, because the playthrough where I got it I had both some factions and a companion 'missing'.

This was way more/longer than I intended. I hope it's not too much (detail). Maybe it's useful to anyone

For Extreme playthrough, do you agree with this build? Is it strong enough?