Trophy Thoughts

AnEldritchThing

26 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

For Extreme playthrough, do you agree with this build? Is it strong enough?

Hi there,

I´m playing strictly Mage on Extreme at the moment (level 22) and the YouTuber is right. This build is very strong thanks to the damage, crowdcontrol and the best spammable evade in the game.

But three things to add. The beginning could be very hard, always target gunner first and don´t use the ae dmg. Normal Attacks after Storm are better.

Edited by Aladan82

13 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

For Extreme playthrough, do you agree with this build? Is it strong enough?

I stopped watching when he was suggesting to buff with 'spamming Shield of the Enlightened before every fight', it's a waste of time IMHO, even on Extreme. I used Shield of the Enlightened once, by accident and then I bound something else. Sure, fully upgraded Storm and Stasis are pretty OP and good crowd control while the debuff works well against single strong target or bosses. But for DPS points in Firearms or any other weapon is also viable and probably more fun. 

On Extreme the value of (mass) Stasis and Storm is that you can freeze an entire group and then pick 'troublesome' targets and focus them down while the the rest of the groups is gradually losing their armour (so that your companions can do some actual damage as well). Chaining Storm and Shadow Burst is not very efficient IMHO, because it knocks all the enemies it hits out of Stasis. As a strictly solo Magic only build it surely is very powerful, but then again it's pretty much the only 'pure Magic' build anyway, since there are literally only 3 offensive Magic spells anyway (Stasis, Storm, Shadow Burst).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eole12 said:

HI every one I have a issue for the trophy curiosity cabinet I already have found and collect more than 200 ingredient and collect more than 200 times but the trophy stay lock can you explain to me what i really have to do 

thanks 

I am playing a digital version of the game with patch 1.02 and it does not pop for me so I guess it is glitched. If you have the disc version I would suggest to delete the patch to obtain the trophy. For the ones (like me) who have the digital version of the game with the patch already installed we have to wait until the devs. fix this. 

11 minutes ago, JaapertNL said:

I am playing a digital version of the game with patch 1.02 and it does not pop for me so I guess it is glitched. If you have the disc version I would suggest to delete the patch to obtain the trophy. For the ones (like me) who have the digital version of the game with the patch already installed we have to wait until the devs. fix this. 

Yep I read somewhere this was glitched. 

Only 1 person has it on here...I believe they got the game early so it probably was pre 1.02. 

I’ll need to do two runs anyway for Extreme so I’ll do that when/if it’s fixed I guess. 

3 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Can someone please remind me the first location of the Wood Guardian? Where there are even some thieves around him trying to attack him. 

Wenshaganaw, "The Singing Waters" just south of "Camp near the water". Or going north towards that camp along the river from "Wenshaveye Camp".

4 hours ago, Eole12 said:

HI every one I have a issue for the trophy curiosity cabinet I already have found and collect more than 200 ingredient and collect more than 200 times but the trophy stay lock can you explain to me what i really have to do 

thanks 

I'm 96% sure I now know what is making this trophy so 'hard to get'. While my new PC is running some stress tests, I have been trying to figure it out.

First I tried gathering from rocks, trees, plants, etc 200x on a fresh account with the current version (1.02) to see/verify that doesn't work, and it didn't.

Then I figured I would try only plants (the bushes/shrubberies) because of what the icons look like and because it popped for me when I gathered from a plant.

Started a new game (as a Guest) and didn't open any chest and only harvested from plants. After 200x I had tallied ~130 Hawtorn, 60 Borage and 13 Nightshade Berries, but no trophy. But what if only Hawtorn counts? After all, when it popped for me I got Hawtorn. So, set out to harvest ~70 more Hawtorn plants (the ones with the red berries/things). It popped at 188, so I'm still not 100% sure that it's only Hawtorn, maybe it's Hawtorn + Nightshade Berries (the black ones), but not Borage (the blue ones). I'm also not sure if this is how it is supposed to be, it still could be bugged (for example by Insight blocking this trophy) I also don't know if Hawtorn that you find in boxes/chests counts. This was done on 1.02, even if I got it the first time when I downgraded to 1.00, it should not be necessary. Btw, it's not the the number/amount of Hawtorn in your inventory, because sometimes you collect more than one. I had 451 when it popped during my test/experimental run.

In short: If the "Curiosity Cabinet" trophy doesn't pop for you go harvest plants (shrubberies/bushes) with RED BERRIES.

A good and safe place for this is just outside San Matheus,

• walk out of the gate, there are 2 in front and slightly to the right,
  • then go left for 2 more, there is group of bandits (red skull if low level) but you can avoid them if you want by sticking to rock to the left,
  • 2 more and go back to your house,
  • sleep 4 times/days and repeat
Edited by velmenni
Intuition is not related
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, velmenni said:

Wenshaganaw, "The Singing Waters" just south of "Camp near the water". Or going north towards that camp along the river from "Wenshaveye Camp".

I'm 96% sure I now know what is making this trophy so 'hard to get'. While my new PC is running some stress tests, I have been trying to figure it out.

First I tried gathering from rocks, trees, plants, etc 200x on a fresh account with the current version (1.02) to see/verify that doesn't work, and it didn't.

Then I figured I would try only plants (the bushes/shrubberies) because of what the icons look like and because it popped for me when I gathered from a plant.

Started a new game (as a Guest) and didn't open any chest and only harvested from plants. After 200x I had tallied ~130 Hawtorn, 60 Borage and 13 Nightshade Berries, but no trophy. But what if only Hawtorn counts? After all, when it popped for me I got Hawtorn. So, set out to harvest ~70 more Hawtorn plants (the ones with the red berries/things). It popped at 188, so I'm still not 100% sure that it's only Hawtorn, maybe it's Hawtorn + Nightshade Berries (the black ones), but not Borage (the blue ones). I'm also not sure if this is how it is supposed to be, it still could be bugged (for example by Insight blocking this trophy) I also don't know if Hawtorn that you find in boxes/chests counts. This was done on 1.02, even if I got it the first time when I downgraded to 1.00, it should not be necessary. Btw, it's not the the number/amount of Hawtorn in your inventory, because sometimes you collect more than one. I had 451 when it popped during my test/experimental run.

In short: If the "Curiosity Cabinet" trophy doesn't pop for you go harvest plants (shrubberies/bushes) with RED BERRIES.

A good and safe place for this is just outside San Matheus,

• walk out of the gate, there are 2 in front and slightly to the right,
  • then go left for 2 more, there is group of bandits (red skull if low level) but you can avoid them if you want by sticking to rock to the left,
  • 2 more and go back to your house,
  • sleep 4 times/days and repeat

Follow up. Confirmed & just got the achievement on my existing save by picking just Hawthorn. I had to pick roughly ~120, so I had some previous progress toward it. In Hikmet at the Camp in the Woods there is path going back toward the city with 6-7 Hawthorn, found it really efficient. Took just ~40 minutes. For the record the Intuition stat does not matter, I had Intuition rank 3.

Thanks for sharing this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contraire42 said:

Follow up. Confirmed & just got the achievement on my existing save by picking just Hawthorn. I had to pick roughly ~120, so I had some previous progress toward it. In Hikmet at the Camp in the Woods there is path going back toward the city with 6-7 Hawthorn, found it really efficient. Took just ~40 minutes. For the record the Intuition stat does not matter, I had Intuition rank 3.

Thanks for sharing this!

I almost gave up on this but finely got the trophy as well. Took me way more than 200, I picked at least 300 times and got a total of 952 in my inventory. Took me 2 hours but well, the trophy for the traps I got without ever using a trap so that sets off the effort for this trophy. Thanks for sharing guys. 

Alright guys so I just left New Serene city and got 3 companions so far. I'm playing as a female. Vasco and Kurt gave me their individual quests... So how do I tackle their romance + quests trophies in one playthrough if possible? Should I beat all questlines or no? How do I gain romance points with every character and where should I make the first manual save?

10 hours ago, velmenni said:

At the point where I went to talk to Glendan for the quest "A new High King", I had already finished all other side quests (faction and companion) and everybody was "Friendly" (faction and companion). Hopefully you'll be able to fix with your earlier save.

Finally got the “A better World” trophy. The reason I did it got it the first time despite having everybody friendly was because I did not finish the side mission “In the name of sciences - trail”. Apparently you need to do all fraction side missions plus having all of them friendly (or nice might be enough) in order to get the trophy. 

Thanks for all the input Velmenni

On 15/9/2019 at 6:37 AM, Contraire42 said:

For all companions other than Kurt all you need to do are their 3 side quests and go through their dialogue options (there are guides for selecting the right ones on a bunch of sites) afterward.

2 playthroughs are required to romance all of them unfortunately.

Aphra - Male only

Vasco - Male/Female

Siora - Male/Female

Kurt - Female only

Kurt is very tricky to do in one playthrough because he is tied to the main story at a certain point, and there are 3 missable story trophies that require his side quests NOT BE COMPLETED at the time of the main quest 'Treason'. To get everything in one playthrough here is what has to happen:

1. Be a female character.

2. Do not do Kurt's side quests early! If you do you will miss three story trophies.

3. Play through the main story until the last objective of 'The Prince's Secret' quest, which is 'Return to Constantin'. Make a manual save here.

4. Return to Constantin. This will end 'The Prince's Secret' and begin 'Treason'. If Kurt's side quests haven't been completed, you get the Betrayal in blood trophy.

5. Complete 'Treason' until the objective 'Get to the port as quickly as possible'. Make a manual save here.

6. Choose to save Hikmet or San Matheus. You will get the In the name of the Enlightened or A preserved Alliance trophies.

7. After you save one city and get the trophy, reload the save from step 5 and do the opposite city for the other trophy.

8. Reload the save from step 3. Do the first two of Kurt's sidequests. Third should not be available yet.

9. Start and finish the 'Treason' quest again, which will now have a different outcome. You will get the Missed coup trophy.

10. Kurt will offer his 3rd quest. Complete it. He will then have the romance dialogue available.

I'd also recommend saving before going through a companion's romance dialogue. It is possible to answer incorrectly and miss out based on the dialogue choices.

Except the romances trophies that I've understood you must do two playthroughs, there's a certain point where you can make a secondary save file in order to achieve both endings/decisions of main quests in the first playthrough? Even if I have to do 3 hours of game to reach the other ending I don't care, I rather this method, I hate games with multiple playthroughs... So if it's possible and you know the answer, put everything under spoiler 

12 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Except the romances trophies that I've understood you must do two playthroughs, there's a certain point where you can make a secondary save file in order to achieve both endings/decisions of main quests in the first playthrough? Even if I have to do 3 hours of game to reach the other ending I don't care, I rather this method, I hate games with multiple

playthroughs... So if it's possible and you know the answer, put everything under spoiler 

Spoiler

There are also some tips from velmenni on page 2, but yeah.

You can do all the endings in one playthrough. You will want a save right before you give the crown to one of the native leaders. Probably another save as you get factions to join you in case you need to gain/lose rep. I had to backtrack a quarter of the game to get my rep correct. I'd read guides about the rep sidequests give you before you finish them if you don't want to possibly backtrack. You can get in a situation where your rep is not high enough and there are no more sidequests. For me it was the Nauts, I was drowning in rep from the others.

A Better World - Choose Duncas. Have all factions join you (required all faction sidequests completed for me). Kill Constantin. My companions were all friendly (I don't know if this is relevant).

Island For Sale - Choose Ullan. Have all factions join you (Iffy on this - This trophy would not pop for me when I went in with 4/5 factions). Kill Constantin.

Back to the roots - Choose derdre. Have all factions join you (Iffy on this - This trophy would not pop for me when I went in with 4/5 factions). Kill Constantin.

A big step toward peace - Choose Duncas. Have one or more factions reject you. Kill Constantin. You can lose rep with the Nauts by killing them at their warehouses or leave one of the main faction sidequests undone.

New Gods - Spare Constantin.

Another tip - I switched to easy difficulty from extreme after I did my first ending to save time.

Edited by Contraire42
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 6:37 AM, Contraire42 said:

I'd also recommend saving before going through a companion's romance dialogue. It is possible to answer incorrectly and miss out based on the dialogue choices.

Thanks for the guide, got both trophies and now doing Kurt's sidequests for missed coup + romance.

I kept the savefiles after saving each city, which one is the most optimal to continue with after Missed Coup + Kurt romance trophy?

Currently I have completed 2 Vasco (friendly and 1 Siora (nice) quests. I don't have Aphora in the team but Petrus the spellcaster.

Merchant: Nice

Bridge: Suspicious

Theleme: Suspicious

Coin Guard: Nice

Nauts: Suspicious

Natives: Friendly

Hi there,

tested some of the advices by velmenni (they were a great help) and the place to farm for Curiosity Cabinet.

I think what is essencial is one thing: Farm them without leaving the game or load a save. I have played for over 50 hours without getting the trophy and it popped now after farming exactly as mentioned after about 150+ berrys in  one sitting. If you have any other advice please post it here!

Edited by Aladan82

If I was starting again from the beginning I think the below is the quickest way to get the platinum.

Spoiler

1. Start as Male (Extreme Mode)
  2. Complete 1 or 0 Kurt missions
  3. Save 1
  4. Play until Coup
  5. Save 2
  6. Kill Kurt (Betrayal in Blood :hidden: )
  7. Save Theleme or Bridge Alliance (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden: or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  8. Reload Save 2
  9. Save the other from step #7 (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden:  or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  10. Reload Save 1
  11. Complete all available (should be 1 or 2 depending on step #2) Kurt missions
  12. Play until Coup (Missed coup :hidden: )
  13. Complete all companion missions as they come up (get Vasco, Siora and Aphra romance trophies)
  14. Complete all side quests as they come up, except for In the Name of Science. The side missions for finding all professor's notes and all campfires are optional
  15. Play until going to look for the king's crown
  16. Convince Duncass and Ullan to support you
  17. Save 3
  18. Go get the crown, give it to Deidre when she attacks you
  19. Complete the game (Back to the roots :hidden: )
  20. Turn off Extreme Mode
  21. Reload Save 3
  22. Go get the crown, give it to Ullan
  23. Complete the game, (Island for sale :hidden: )
  24. Reload Save 3
  25. Go get the crown, give it to Duncass
  26. Play until you have to help Theleme and Bridge Alliance
  27. Help Theleme
  28. Help Bridge Alliance
  29. Save 4
  30. Convince every one to help you 5/5
  31. Complete the game (A big step towards peace :hidden: )
  32. Reload Save 4
  33. Complete side mission In the Name of Science. Make sure to spare the scientist at the end and complete two extra side missions that occur after this (The Trial + one other)
  34. Convince every one to help you 5/5
  35. Complete the game (A better world :hidden: )
  36. Start new game as a Female, skip everything just complete Kurt side missions to get the romance
  • The New gods :hidden: can be gotten at any of the other endings by choosing to spare Constantin

•  

Edited by tima03231991
  • Like 3

On 9/14/2019 at 0:34 PM, JaapertNL said:

This is really helpful so much appreciated for you reply and detailed description. 

So as you already expected I indeed made Dunncas the King. At the moment I made him the King I had everybody friendly except the Coin Guards.

Actually, for the alliance against Constantin 5/5, l also had everybody except the Coin Guards Friendly. The Coin guards were suspicious during my whole game. It was not until the end of the game, where I noticed that I missed doing 3 side missions for the Coin Guards which made them Friendly. 

This makes me think:

- You can still get the alliance without having every alliance “friendly” or at least “nice” as I was able to get it with the coin Guards being “Suspicious”. I interacted as last with them as I thought that it would been helpful to convince them if I already had the others as alliances. 

- But, having one or more alliances “Suspicious” at the moment you form the Alliance will already set the requirements for the difference between obtaining the “A better world” or “A big step towards peace” as I otherwise would not know why I got “A big step towards peace”. 

I have a save before I search for the crown so I am trying out different scenarios. Especially will try to get everybody Friendly before I form an alliance this time as I think that will impact my endings. 

When you did the three Trophies related to the Kings did you have all your Alliances “Friendly” or at least “Nice” all 3 times? 

What exactly do I need to get the "A better world" trophy. It's literally the only ending trophy I need and I don't know what to do to get it. All my faction are friendly, I made the alliances 5 / 5 but it still won't pop. I'm am so frustrated. I am so close to the platinum

On 9/23/2019 at 8:37 PM, tima03231991 said:

If I was starting again from the beginning I think the below is the quickest way to get the platinum.

Reveal hidden contents

3. Save 1
  4. Play until Coup
  5. Save 2
  7. Save Theleme or Bridge Alliance (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden: or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  8. Reload Save 2
  9. Save the other from step #7 (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden:  or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  10. Reload Save 1
  11. Complete all available (should be 1 or 2 depending on step #2) Kurt missions
  13. Complete all companion missions as they come up (get Vasco, Siora and Aphra romance trophies)
  14. Complete all side quests as they come up, except for In the Name of Science. The side missions for finding all professor's notes and all campfires are optional
  17. Save 3
  21. Reload Save 3
  24. Reload Save 3
  27. Help Theleme
  28. Help Bridge Alliance
  29. Save 4
  32. Reload Save 4
  33. Complete side mission In the Name of Science. Make sure to spare the scientist at the end and complete two extra side missions that occur after this (The Trial + one other)
  36. Start new game as a Female, skip everything just complete Kurt side missions to get the romance
  • The New gods :hidden: can be gotten at any of the other endings by choosing to spare Constantin

•  

Platted the game! Had a great time and enjoyed the game, was far better than I expected, saw the trailer, got hooked and went in. No regrets!

I was surprised at how well the game was made, didn't encounter any major bugs at all and everything worked smoothly. The only bugs I discovered were the Ingredients trophy (fixed if you collect all in a session) and the cape texture flickering sometimes (solved by re-equipping). Once my character spawned somewhere where I was stuck, so had to reload the checkpoint (15seconds) to fix it. Another time a native was leading me somewhere and got stuck behind a tree, but I was able to fix it by running away from him a bit to restart the mission. 

For trophy roadmap, I followed Tima's quote above, was perfect. I can add that you don't need 5/5 allies for the "a big step towards peace" with Duncass as I didn't have bridge alliance as friendly. After that ending, I reloaded save right before creating the alliance, completed the 'In the name of science' questline, spared the doctor, won the trial against him, watched him go bye-bye with Aphra. I don't know why it says "The Trial + another quest" as I didn't get any other quest. Might be a typo. After that, I recruited Hikmet as they now were friendly. Finished the game again with 5/5 and the perfect ending trophy popped.

I played as Tech on extreme as first playthrough. The start was rough and I died a lot of times. I got the science 2 perk at level 21 or something, that's when the game took off and became easier. I crafted ammo and spammed the gun together with a 2handed sword L2, retreat and repeat. When I got the extreme trophy, I cleaned the rest on easy. Also, I played as a female, so had to do a second run as a male to get Aphra and magician (500 spell trophy). I farmed the 500 spell damages in the arena, first or 2nd challenges! Instant replenish mana and beasts.

Good luck to the rest!

Edited by Erkawest

On 9/23/2019 at 1:37 PM, tima03231991 said:

Reveal hidden contents

3. Save 1
  4. Play until Coup
  5. Save 2
  8. Reload Save 2
  10. Reload Save 1
  17. Save 3
  21. Reload Save 3
  24. Reload Save 3
  27. Help Theleme
  28. Help Bridge Alliance
  29. Save 4
  32. Reload Save 4

•  

Just wanted to add some clarity to the above for first time players.

Spoiler
  2. Complete 1 Kurt mission and any other side missions up until The Prince's Secret - Inform Admiral Cabral about the situation
  3. Save 1 right before talking to Admiral Cabral
  4. Talk to Admiral Cabral, then Constantin, then choose to kill Kurt when he attacks. Clear the Coup on the island, then you'll be prompted to go the docks.
  5. Save 2 just before the quest marker when prompted to go to the docks. Enter the docks. View cutscene, Betrayal in Blood :hidden: triggers.
  6. Choose to save Theleme or Bridge Alliance (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden: or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  7. Reload Save 2
  8. Choose to save the other from step #6 (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden:  or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  9. Reload Save 1
  10. Complete Kurt mission #2.
  11. Talk to Admiral Cabral, then Constantin and play through Coup with Kurt on your side (Missed coup :hidden: )

Edited by Thermopyle2
  • Like 1