Trophy Thoughts

AnEldritchThing

On 2019-09-30 at 5:21 AM, Thermopyle2 said:

Just wanted to add some clarity to the above for first time players.

Hide contents
  1. Start as Male (Extreme Mode)
  2. Complete 1 Kurt mission and any other side missions up until The Prince's Secret - Inform Admiral Cabral about the situation
  3. Save 1 right before talking to Admiral Cabral
  4. Talk to Admiral Cabral, then Constantin, then choose to kill Kurt when he attacks. Clear the Coup on the island, then you'll be prompted to go the docks.
  5. Save 2 just before the quest marker when prompted to go to the docks. Enter the docks. View cutscene, Betrayal in Blood :hidden: triggers.
  6. Choose to save Theleme or Bridge Alliance (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden: or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  7. Reload Save 2
  8. Choose to save the other from step #6 (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden:  or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  9. Reload Save 1
  10. Complete Kurt mission #2.
  11. Talk to Admiral Cabral, then Constantin and play through Coup with Kurt on your side (Missed coup :hidden: )

Thanks to both you & Tima above for the excellent and concise roadmap provided above. It’s very helpful!

I had a question about the romance trophies though, since the roadmap doesn’t specify. Can you romance all characters consecutively during that step, or is romance in this game similar to Dragon Age, ie. you can’t have multiple relationships running at once and will have to reload your save each time so you can pursue the next relationship? Thanks!

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Thanks to both you & Tima above for the excellent and concise roadmap provided above. It’s very helpful!

I had a question about the romance trophies though, since the roadmap doesn’t specify. Can you romance all characters consecutively during that step, or is romance in this game similar to Dragon Age, ie. you can’t have multiple relationships running at once and will have to reload your save each time so you can pursue the next relationship? Thanks!

You have to reload.

I did make another thread with a full, step-by-step walkthrough. It species the romance bit as well. I'd suggest using that instead of my post here, which is less complete.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

You have to reload.

I did make another thread with a full, step-by-step walkthrough. It species the romance bit as well. I'd suggest using that instead of my post here, which is less complete.

Thanks very much, I hadn’t discovered your other thread yet so I’ll use that from now one. Much appreciated man. ?

• 2 years later...

Including DLC, this one took me over 81 hours on PS4. Adhering to the True Achievements walkthrough (which was suboptimal), I completed one easy playthrough as a female De Sardet, followed by an extreme run with the male version. If I could do it over, I'd follow Optinoob's guide instead.

Think I'll go with a middling 5/10 for difficulty. It's a rather prolonged platinum, with much to consider to ensure earning the various ending trophies, so be sure to have a quality walkthrough at your side—needing to do a third playthrough because you screwed up somewhere would be just awful. Thankfully, pistols are quite broken if you duplicate or craft ammunition, making extreme difficulty a cinch, beyond a couple of guardian fights where they can kill you with one attack. Those required several attempts to learn the boss's moveset, but weren't too bad.

Here's the build I used for extreme, which is a blend of the Technical and Magic skill grids. Buy yourself the best available revolver from the Hikmet merchant, upgrade it at a blacksmith, and spam rapid shots to trivialize most combat encounters. Throwing phials of alchemical preparations melts enemy armor quickly, as well. My only disagreement with the video's creator is that the Bomb ability didn't seem terribly worthwhile, doing pitiful damage against bosses. Perhaps it was rebalanced in a patch, but spamming Phial Throw is just superior for dealing with armor in most cases.

Frankly, the true challenge of my second run on extreme was staying awake, since the quests largely consist of repetitively jogging back and forth to speak with NPCs. This is the main reason it sat unfinished on my profile for over a year. I also suffered multiple crashes when fast traveling on PS4, so it's probably good practice to save before warping to another region.

• Like 1