secret #12 bugged

50 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

its currently bugged in co-op as it only registers for the 2nd player and not the host.

so either you have to wait for a patch or wait untill the curator mode is released for everyone.

Thanks for the update dude, this was gonna be my next game after control, but i might just jump straight to Borderlands 3 and wait. How are you finding it outside of the bugs though? Is it enjoyable? There's way more online trophies than i thought there would be.

The game is not bugged. I have the curator's version (pre order) and have every Secret except for #2. I accidentally missed something and used the curator cut instead of theatrical. If you have the curator cut, ALL secrets are available in Solo mode depending on different version. So, even if you can't get it in co op- it's not completely bugged

4 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

The game is not bugged. I have the curator's version (pre order) and have every Secret except for #2. I accidentally missed something and used the curator cut instead of theatrical. If you have the curator cut, ALL secrets are available in Solo mode depending on different version. So, even if you can't get it in co op- it's not completely bugged

it is bugged. every other co-op collectible registered when i was the host except for #12. its still obtainable for people with curator mode but for the rest of us you would have to do an extra playthrough for just 1 collectible.

39 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Thanks for the update dude, this was gonna be my next game after control, but i might just jump straight to Borderlands 3 and wait. How are you finding it outside of the bugs though? Is it enjoyable? There's way more online trophies than i thought there would be.

wait for a sale. the game isnt bad but couldve been alot better.

10 minutes ago, SWE_GHOST said:

Is secret  12 not only för the host player

no. it should count for both players. i was the host and never got it, the guy i was playing with did get it. he also lost a few co-op collectibles after closing the game and booting it back up again. buggy mess.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess I'll join the club :(

We tried multiple time, I was the host and it never unlocked. My buddy even deleted all of his saves (after back-up) and we tried again, nothing for me but for him it registered.

So I have to wait for the curator cut to be available for everyone and do a full playthrough.

Or do a full playthrough in co-op again.

Or we might get lucky and finally get a patch. But I start to doubt it since it's been 3 weeks at least and the glitch with secret 20 that started in patch 1.01 is not yet fixed in patch 1.10.

But for the glitch with secret 20, if you have the disc you can uninstall the game, then install again and don't install the patches (pause it or don't connect to internet). Play that part again from scene selection and you'll get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to find someone who had online co-op savefiles to help me out.

He didn't have the secret glitch on him when he was the host.

The only difference I noticed between his save and mine:

In my savefile secret #12 was picked up by Fliss and in his savefile secret #12 was picked up by Julia.

So this might be a similar issue as with secret #20 after the patch where Brad has to pick it up instead of Julia.

Glad he helped me out, saved a whole playthrough in the end! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

When it comes to bugged collectibles (S12, S17, BFP5 etc), one option to do is to do shared story and get them that way. I've found from my experience as seen in my trophy guide that the bugged collectibles did not trigger when I was not the host - the host picked the collectibles up. The other way is to play Curator's Cut in order to play that part of the story which you could not in the Theatrical Cut. In Curator's Cut, you play as Fliss during Glamour Girl and you won't play as Alex in Matters of the Heart. Also despite Secret #20 being available in both versions of the game, it is most certainly bugged in the Theatrical Cut. It would NOT trigger when playing as Julia but when Brad looked at the camera in Curator's Cut, it triggered.

Basically just play both versions of the game and you should be able to get all collectibles (or do it in Shared Story - the collectible will depend on who you play as though. If you are the host, you will play as the roles that you would play in the Curator's Cut. If you aren't the host, you'll play as the roles that you would play in the Theatrical Cut.). But so far I've found it's the Theatrical Cut which has most of the collectible bugs. I hope all that makes sense.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

• 1 year later...

so collectible #12 also bugged for me, every other collectible registered correctly, i was the host but the second player was playing as fliss, the other 2 secrets in the same area registered correctly but #12 didnt, if anybody out there has a ending save in shared playtrough i would be appreciate very much if you could invite me and play the chapter heart of the matter just to get that collectible (it would need to have been Brad and Julia to have gone down the hole at first), it would take 5 minutes max, otherwise i will have to do another full playtrough on curator cut just to get that one secret.

Edited by andrehunter

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...