What gaming achievement would you put on your CV?

AndyKazama

The BBC recently posted how gaming could land you a better job.

Article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49317440

What gaming achievement would you put on your CV? Would it be your ranking on a leaderboard like Fortnite? Would it be an ultra rare platinum? Etc.

(Personally I'd put my Bloodborne platinum down, it's not that rare, but significant to me and I could sell it at an interview.)

• Like 2

My guides. Shows that I can write well and with a purpose. Getting third place in Guide of the Year among all the excellent guides on this site doesn't hurt either.

But if I were to list out that achievement, it would be linked to my profile, and employers would see that I sometimes play games during company time ?

• Like 4

So... the meme about "putting your KD on a resume"... will that be a genuine thing one day? xD

Honestly I feel awkward bigging up anything I've done as it is, let alone something in a game of all things. If genuinely having gaming accomplishments in your CV were a real thing somehow (lol) I would probably go with something super obvious and recognisable like the Super Meat Boy platinum, perhaps a SoulsBorne game (even though I disagree with their reputation). If you wanted something to 'impress' in the context of a CV and whatnot it's not always going to be something you personally found the most difficult to do but rather what other people would recognise and that you can sell more.

13 hours ago, Helmet_time said:

Call me crazy and uptight, but scanning my trophy, list I'm not sure if I want to reveal to potential employers that I am a creepy, weeboo degenerate.  

I would proudly advertised my Senran Kagura Shinovi versus platinum/. Why? It taught me patience doing repetitive things. (And to read)

Probably a lot of the stuff I managed to do in FFXIV, especially crafters/gatherers up to 80. That'll show I'm able to do my own research. That, and pretty much any JRPG that I have completed 100%.

And maybe Catherine, not the best at it, but can manage to do it without looking at guides.

I typically don't bring up me playing games at work as it is... though I'm working on getting a bit less uptight about it, it's a long story... no less using them to represent me professionally.  Unless I were looking for work in the gaming industry I suppose.

The only thing I'd include is something game development related if I had anything, which I don't because I'm not really on that side of the creative/entertainment spectrum.  It's developing business applications or bust for me... unless the opportunity to work on a game dev team fell into my lap where I could thrive as the least creative (entertainment-wise) one of the group. xD I'm not really seeking anything like that out though.

Also, what the hell is a CV?

EDIT: I did make some crappy VB applications when I was younger that acted as "launchers" for game executables on PC that included a functional chat and some community elements.  Was actually a pretty slick idea I thought for the early 2000's... before Steam and other integrated game library/community/storefront clients really took off.  I'd consider including that, not sure why I didn't when I was originally looking for work out of college.  Probably just better off including the multitude of other more professional projects I've done since then though.

Edited by Dreakon13