Trophy thoughts?

Atoya

12 hours ago, Eli_bloodthirst said:

Way easier than the  og EU version, gonna have a field day.

It's actually way harder.

8 hours ago, turniplord said:

You have to get gold on all courses in easy, medium and hard for both normal and the new Tetris-style blocks. 

Dont know why why people think this list looks easier than the PS3 version, it really isn’t...

People are use to trophies seeming a bit misleading when there is another that has a difficulty stipulation. So, the gold is for just getting all golds on any difficulty and the other one is the difficulty one that gives you it for beating normal when it's actually the normal one that is the easy one and the other requires hard on both, plus everything else.

11 hours ago, item112z said:

I heard that you can use items in babel now. Can anybody confirm that? Also heard that all gold prizes on hard are still required for one of those trophies (which is good).

You get three two block jumping potions a stage. It makes things a little easier but it won't save a bad player in almost every case.

5 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

It still is significantly easier. What made the PS3 plat hard was Babel mode. Since you can use items in Full Body's babel mode, it's not as challenging anymore. If anything, this plat is more time-consuming than the original because of the additional endings and the 6 playthroughs for all gold prizes.

Eh, the two controller trick makes it easier. Especially since the two block jump item won't help you in most cases. It's more of a last resort and something you could solve by the one square trick. 

I'm a bit confused about the conditions of the additional endings. I was going for the "old" endings first, mainly all good endings featuring Katherine, and when I gave the answers for the Bad Catherine ending, I got the new "best" Catherine ending instead. I googled a bit and the guide told me it's basically the new True Ending for Catherine and you'd need to be on the Chaos side (+ you need to reply to a certain mail during your playthrough). Since I was going for the Good side, it's apparently only important to have performed the certain action during the playthrough. However, now I'm wondering how I can get the Bad Catherine ending I was trying to do first. 

I'll try a few different answers for the last stage, maybe I get lucky. 

6 hours ago, Izularia said:

I'm a bit confused about the conditions of the additional endings. I was going for the "old" endings first, mainly all good endings featuring Katherine, and when I gave the answers for the Bad Catherine ending, I got the new "best" Catherine ending instead. I googled a bit and the guide told me it's basically the new True Ending for Catherine and you'd need to be on the Chaos side (+ you need to reply to a certain mail during your playthrough). Since I was going for the Good side, it's apparently only important to have performed the certain action during the playthrough. However, now I'm wondering how I can get the Bad Catherine ending I was trying to do first. 

I'll try a few different answers for the last stage, maybe I get lucky. 

Literally the exact same happened to me. Had my karma at max order and I was going for the bad Catherine ending, only to unlock her new one instead. I'm assuming that as long as you met the mail requirements, any Catherine ending you'll attempt will be the new one and the only way to avoid it is by not sending the mail on the 5th day. If so, then that'll mean that we'll need at least 5 playthroughs from Day 5 onwards

• One where you meet none of the mail requirements for Catherine and Katherine, and you aim for order karma, so you can get all of the original endings with that karma.
  • One where you meet none of the mail requirements for Catherine and Katherine, and you aim for chaos karma, so you can get all of the original endings with that karma.
  • One where you meet the mail requirements for Catherine and Katherine, so you can get all of their new endings
  • One where you start the Rin route and get 5 or more questions right on Stage 7 (can get 2 of her endings this way)
  • One where you start the Rin route and get the 4 out of 8 questions wrong on Stage 7 (Probably can stack the neutral karma run here to for the True Freedon ending)

This is just an assumption though and it could be wrong. Currently going for the Rin route right now and I'll see how many endings are doable without restarting from Stage 5.

4 hours ago, IDJvsTHEWORLD said:

Is anyone working on a trophy guide for this?

Currently working on one. 

• Like 2

Weird trophy glitch for me on my "Easy" runthrough. I got over 130 steps on the last day while climbing and didn't unlock the Peppy Stepper.

Also, on the last day at the bar, I got all the final trivia for Wine, Sake, Beer and Cocktail but didn't unlock any of the trophies associated with hearing all the trivia for these. 

Anyone know what's up there? Also, any tips on unlocking that narrator trophy?

Edited by IDJvsTHEWORLD

31 minutes ago, IDJvsTHEWORLD said:

Weird trophy glitch for me on my "Easy" runthrough. I got over 130 steps on the last day while climbing and didn't unlock the Peppy Stepper.

Also, on the last day at the bar, I got all the final trivia for Wine, Sake, Beer and Cocktail but didn't unlock any of the trophies associated with hearing all the trivia for these. 

Anyone know what's up there? Also, any tips on unlocking that narrator trophy?

For the step one, it was a 130+ step combo right? If so, then idk what caused the trophy not to pop

The same thing happened to me too for the trivia. Apparently, during Rin's route, you can drink on the ninth day at the Stray Sheep, which unlocks the final trivia for each of them.

For the narrator trophy, go to the main menu and highlight on the Golden Playhouse (don't select it). Hold the touchpad for 3 seconds and wait for the narrator to say something. Do this 10 times and you'll unlock the trophy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

For the step one, it was a 130+ step combo right? If so, then idk what caused the trophy not to pop

The same thing happened to me too for the trivia. Apparently, during Rin's route, you can drink on the ninth day at the Stray Sheep, which unlocks the final trivia for each of them.

For the narrator trophy, go to the main menu and highlight on the Golden Playhouse (don't select it). Hold the touchpad for 3 seconds and wait for the narrator to say something. Do this 10 times and you'll unlock the trophy.

Yeah, it was well over 100+ step combo, and it didn't pop. I hope it doesn't have to be "100" steps EXACT, which would make the trophy super annoying.

I'm on a second playthrough now, making sure I drink everything. Does saving on Day 5 as a neutral path still allow you to proceed with every ending like OG Catherine?

22 hours ago, IDJvsTHEWORLD said:

Yeah, it was well over 100+ step combo, and it didn't pop. I hope it doesn't have to be "100" steps EXACT, which would make the trophy super annoying.

I'm on a second playthrough now, making sure I drink everything. Does saving on Day 5 as a neutral path still allow you to proceed with every ending like OG Catherine?

For the combo trophy, I popped my trophy with exactly 100 steps because Stage 6-4 was exactly 100 steps long on Normal. Hopefully that's not actually a requirement for the trophy.

For the Day 5 thing, it's a bit different. In order to get the option to even start up Rin's route, you'll need to answer certain questions correctly on Stage 3-6. The questions are:

• Stage 3-2 Landings
    • Q: "Would you want your partner to disclose all their secrets?", A: "Yes"
  • Stage 4-1 Landings
    • Q: "Do you care what other people think of you?", A: "It doesn’t matter to me"
  • Stage 5-2 Landings
    • Q: "Would you be able to accept any secret your lover may have?", A: "I'd be okay"
  • Stage 6-3 Landings
    • Q: "What factors in the most when you make an important decision?", A: "My heart"

You'll know if you're choosing the right answers if the karma meter cracks when you choose them. Then on Day 6, you'll be given the option to start her route. 

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Eli_bloodthirst said:

For some of the requirements I'd agree but going off of the old ones I'm having a field day. Babel stages haven't broken me a sweat, 5 endings in, saved everyone. Somehow missed the drinking ones and Rapunzel I've started.

For the drink trivia trophies, you'll need to do Rin's route to get access to a bonus day, where you get new trivia for each drink.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

After a couple of hours, these were all the questions I randomly got. If there's anything I've missed in the list, it would be great if someone listed them in this thread or takes a screenshot of it. 

I'm nearly done with my Rin route and didn't mark down any of the questions up until now, but I just got that I didn't see on your list: "What kind of person are you attracted to?" and the answer was "Someone I fell in love with" (the incorrect answer is "Someone others would be envious of").

By the way, on my first playthrough I saved everyone except Daniel and Morgan. For my second playthrough I followed a guide and only did the Daniel and Morgan stuff. Daniel survived but Morgan died again. Does anyone know what stuff is Morgan-specific or will I just have to follow the guide to save everyone on another playthrough to make sure I get Morgan?

EDIT: Found another Rin question. "Can you do anything for love?" A: "Yes"

Edited by relauby1
More information

This list looks practically the same really, with a few added trophies. I have done everything on the ps3 versions except all golds on hard mode and babel because screw that lol

Well maybe if I plat full body I'll go back and try the ps3 version, but it's one of those games I really enjoyed back in the day and wanted to plat but not bothered if It never happens. Just my two cents, good luck everyone!  :)

9 hours ago, relauby1 said:

I'm nearly done with my Rin route and didn't mark down any of the questions up until now, but I just got that I didn't see on your list: "What kind of person are you attracted to?" and the answer was "Someone I fell in love with" (the incorrect answer is "Someone others would be envious of").

By the way, on my first playthrough I saved everyone except Daniel and Morgan. For my second playthrough I followed a guide and only did the Daniel and Morgan stuff. Daniel survived but Morgan died again. Does anyone know what stuff is Morgan-specific or will I just have to follow the guide to save everyone on another playthrough to make sure I get Morgan?

EDIT: Found another Rin question. "Can you do anything for love?" A: "Yes"

Thanks for the first question! Did you get that during Stage 7 or 9?

For Morgan specific stuff, you can use the trophy guide for the original game. The requirements are still the same: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/781-catherine/24-最後の酒

For the second Rin question, that's a fixed question you get at the end. Choosing the other option gives you the "bad" Rin ending. 

9 hours ago, Eli_bloodthirst said:

Thanks I realised that after  I'd gotten stuck in. How have you found the babel challenges?

Maybe it's because I've already did them before on the PS3, but the babel challenges were pretty easy. Difficulty wise, it should still only be slightly easier than the PS3 version because the 2-step item doesn't help that often. I did use two controllers for the last Babel stage. Not sure how doable it is on Single mode.

• Like 1

Just now, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Maybe it's because I've already did them before on the PS3, but the babel challenges were pretty easy. Difficulty wise, it should still only be slightly easier than the PS3 version because the 2-step item doesn't help that often. I did use two controllers for the last Babel stage. Not sure how doable it is on Single mode.

I mean yeah, altar is beyond easy. I think the obelisk was a little easier for me but no idea could have been a fluke.

Axis mundi I got to 221 on first attempt, I mean it's definitely possible but I was like heck it worked on two controllers. Which I smashed the time with two controllers and got first. Definitely just easy depending on prior skill. 

• Like 1

So for the endings, is it still recommended to play to 5th day and stay as neutral as possible then branch off with multiple saves? I'm still unsure exactly of how you keep track of all the stages you gold. I know you can view each level in your phone but you can't choose which floor per level, or am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Thanks for the first question! Did you get that during Stage 7 or 9?

Oops, sorry I forgot to mention, it’s stage 9. And yeah, I thought I followed the guide for just the Morgan stuff but maybe I missed him somewhere along the way. Thanks for working on compiling all this stuff by the way, it’s cool you’re trying to get a comprehensive guide.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 0:59 AM, Admiralvic said:

Eh, the two controller trick makes it easier. Especially since the two block jump item won't help you in most cases. It's more of a last resort and something you could solve by the one square trick. 

I'm kind of newish to the game, I never actually got around to finishing Catheine on ps3, I'm just curious, what is the "one square trick"??