Atooya

Trophy thoughts?

90 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

So for the endings, is it still recommended to play to 5th day and stay as neutral as possible then branch off with multiple saves? I'm still unsure exactly of how you keep track of all the stages you gold. I know you can view each level in your phone but you can't choose which floor per level, or am I missing something?

The 5th day branching still works, provided that you answered the Rin questions correctly on Stage 3, 4 and 5. But for maximum efficiency, I recommend to do another full playthough whenever you get one of the endings. You need to do six playthroughs anyways (Easy, Normal, Hard, both Classic and Remix modes), so instead of reloading your save files and redoing a chunk again in the same difficulty and mode, it's better to start a new playthrough in a mode or difficulty you haven't done yet. You can still utilize the save trick for the end of a playthrough (e.g. reloading your save file at 10-3 to get a different ending than the one you got.), but if you need to redo a huge chunk of the game, you're better off just starting a new playthrough.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a hard time getting used to the Remix mode. It probably just needs a bit of practice, but I prefer the Classic Mode for sure. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

So for the endings, is it still recommended to play to 5th day and stay as neutral as possible then branch off with multiple saves? I'm still unsure exactly of how you keep track of all the stages you gold. I know you can view each level in your phone but you can't choose which floor per level, or am I missing something?

 

When it says Gold Prize, it means Gold overall for the night, that's how Catherine has always worked, you might get Silver ranking at first, but if you do really well on the rest of the stages, you can up that to Gold by the final stage of the night.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone confirm the requirements for the "This is El Dorado" trophy? Looks like only a couple people got it so far. Is it to gold in all difficulties? Classic and remix?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DEMON said:

 

When it says Gold Prize, it means Gold overall for the night, that's how Catherine has always worked, you might get Silver ranking at first, but if you do really well on the rest of the stages, you can up that to Gold by the final stage of the night.

Ah ok, that kinda makes the El Dorado trophy slightly less painful. I’m guessing Gold Rush refers to the actual pieces of gold you pick up in each level? Because I got a gold ranking for every floor on normal difficulty but didn’t get the trophy (I was replaying levels through the phone).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Ah ok, that kinda makes the El Dorado trophy slightly less painful. I’m guessing Gold Rush refers to the actual pieces of gold you pick up in each level? Because I got a gold ranking for every floor on normal difficulty but didn’t get the trophy (I was replaying levels through the phone).

 

Did you do the extra stages that show up during Rin's route? They don't show up when you're replaying levels through the phone, but I'm not sure if they count or not towards the achievement. I think you also have to do the classic and remix stages.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, relauby1 said:

 

Did you do the extra stages that show up during Rin's route? They don't show up when you're replaying levels through the phone, but I'm not sure if they count or not towards the achievement. I think you also have to do the classic and remix stages.

Nah I only did them through the phone and on classic. The trophy description says classic or remix so I didn’t think you have to do both.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, relauby1 said:

 

Did you do the extra stages that show up during Rin's route? They don't show up when you're replaying levels through the phone, but I'm not sure if they count or not towards the achievement. I think you also have to do the classic and remix stages.

For some reason, the extra stages didn't appear on the save I created for replaying the levels through the phone (that save was made after completing Rin's route once), but they appeared once I started a new game and made a save on the 2nd day. So apparently stage 10 seems to disappear from the phone once you get too far in...? 

They're needed for the trophy btw. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Izularia said:

For some reason, the extra stages didn't appear on the save I created for replaying the levels through the phone (that save was made after completing Rin's route once), but they appeared once I started a new game and made a save on the 2nd day. So apparently stage 10 seems to disappear from the phone once you get too far in...? 

They're needed for the trophy btw. 

Oh yeah, it's the same thing for me. I guess by day 6 when you make the decision about whether to follow the Rin route, it'll decide if you get the Rin levels on your phone. Strange.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that you can actually use items in Babel mode lowers the og Catherine difficulty by at least 3 points. (If everything else is the same as the original)

 

Rapunzel was easy (just long) and only a couple nights were very difficult to gold on hard. (Mainly the last one)

 

Got Catherine Ps3 as my 100th plat, I'm thinking about making this my 200th (25 plats to go, by that point it will be on sale too)

 

Don't be afraid to re-plat this, I'm not, in fact, I'm boosted by confidence.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

The fact that you can actually use items in Babel mode lowers the og Catherine difficulty by at least 3 points. (If everything else is the same as the original)

 

Rapunzel was easy (just long) and only a couple nights were very difficult to gold on hard. (Mainly the last one)

 

Got Catherine Ps3 as my 100th plat, I'm thinking about making this my 200th (25 plats to go, by that point it will be on sale too)

 

Don't be afraid to re-plat this, I'm not, in fact, I'm boosted by confidence.

It's not much easier. The only item you can use is the two-step jump, and you get three of them. It barely makes it easier. That being said, if you've already platted the PS3 version, then Babel won't be as hard. The plat is more time-consuming and annoying though. You'll need to get all Gold prizes on Easy, Normal, and Hard, both in Classic and Remix mode. So that's 6 playthroughs right there. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there’s a mini guide for keeping everyone alive? Done two play throughs and still need to save 4 people lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad I get to play Catherine again, on the PS4! But...won't be going for the plat again. Already got it as my 20th plat, and even up to this day, it is still my most hardest plat I ever got. It drove me to insanity, and at the time, I was super lucky to have a friend of mine who also was playing Catherine, so we helped each other out for Babel. Now I'd be screwed since we stopped talking haha.

 

I'll be playing this on my 2nd acc, just for story, and see the new bits, and that's all. To the rest of the people who will go for the plat...I wish you best of luck, u brave people!  

Edited by Shiro189
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 11:00 AM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

You'll need to get all Gold prizes on Easy, Normal, and Hard, both in Classic and Remix mode. So that's 6 playthroughs right there. 

 

Not necessarily 6 playthroughs on this one.  I finished the story once doing Rin's route and started a second playthrough after I got all her endings from my leftover saves.  All the stages were available from the phone and you can do whatever you need from there.  This also has the added benefit of being able to replay one of the night's stages even if you finish it, in case you messed something up.  That and you don't have to change the difficulty settings in the config menu as when you select a stage, it sets all this automatically.  It even skips the landings so you just play one stage right after another in a night.

 

Doing all the difficulties before going to another night does make it easier because the stages generally stay the same in Remix/Classic with minor differences.  If you start with the Remix and gold it, you'll have a much easier time doing it on Classic.  I've already finished nights 1-6 doing this.

 

That way, when I'm finished with El Dorado, I can just skip the block stages and do what I need to unlock the rest of the endings.

 

13 hours ago, Shiro189 said:

...and even up to this day, it is still my most hardest plat I ever got. It drove me to insanity... 

 

Rapunzel is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Edited by Temmie
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Temmie said:

Rapunzel is the stuff nightmares are made of.

 

Hahaha, I actually enjoyed Rapunzel mode. There are vids on yt that shows you how to do all stages. I found the 8-bit soundtrack for it, quite fun to listen to. My nightmares, were getting gold on every stage on Hard, and the babel stages, esp last one since it was bugged for my version of the game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Temmie said:

 

Not necessarily 6 playthroughs on this one.  I finished the story once doing Rin's route and started a second playthrough after I got all her endings from my leftover saves.  All the stages were available from the phone and you can do whatever you need from there.  This also has the added benefit of being able to replay one of the night's stages even if you finish it, in case you messed something up.  That and you don't have to change the difficulty settings in the config menu as when you select a stage, it sets all this automatically.  It even skips the landings so you just play one stage right after another in a night.

 

Doing all the difficulties before going to another night does make it easier because the stages generally stay the same in Remix/Classic with minor differences.  If you start with the Remix and gold it, you'll have a much easier time doing it on Classic.  I've already finished nights 1-6 doing this.

 

That way, when I'm finished with El Dorado, I can just skip the block stages and do what I need to unlock the rest of the endings.

 

 

Rapunzel is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Well, playing through stage select would still make it pretty much a 6-playthrough plat, since skipping all of the story creates a 2-3 min break in-between nights. The fastest way to get the platinum would be:

  • First playthrough with Rin's route, going for the true ending and working on all misc trophies including the drink trivia ones and the ones involving saving others.
    • Create a save at 9-4 landings to get the bad ending later
    • Create a save at 10-3 landings to get the good ending later
  • Second playthrough will be a neutral karma run. Also meet the requirements for the new endings for Katherine and Catherine in this playthrough too.
    • Create saves on Stage 9 in order to get the true freedom ending and the new endings (same answers as their bad endings)
  • Third playthrough will be a order karma run, getting the true and good Katherine endings and the bad Catherine ending.
    • You can also get the good freedom ending in this or the next playthrough
  • Fourth playthrough will be a chaos karma run, getting the true and good Catherine endings and the bad Catherine endings.

The playthroughs can be done in any order. It's also best to start them up in a difficulty and mode you haven't played through yet, getting both the ending and the gold prizes requirements done at the same time. It's ideal to not choose Hard difficulty though, since you'll be reloading and redoing Stage 9 quite often for the endings. Those can be done through stage select once the other playthroughs are done. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Well, playing through stage select would still make it pretty much a 6-playthrough plat, since skipping all of the story creates a 2-3 min break in-between nights. The fastest way to get the platinum would be:

  • First playthrough with Rin's route, going for the true ending and working on all misc trophies including the drink trivia ones and the ones involving saving others.
    • Create a save at 9-4 landings to get the bad ending later
    • Create a save at 10-3 landings to get the good ending later
  • Second playthrough will be a neutral karma run. Also meet the requirements for the new endings for Katherine and Catherine in this playthrough too.
    • Create saves on Stage 9 in order to get the true freedom ending and the new endings (same answers as their bad endings)
  • Third playthrough will be a order karma run, getting the true and good Katherine endings and the bad Catherine ending.
    • You can also get the good freedom ending in this or the next playthrough
  • Fourth playthrough will be a chaos karma run, getting the true and good Catherine endings and the bad Catherine endings.

The playthroughs can be done in any order. It's also best to start them up in a difficulty and mode you haven't played through yet, getting both the ending and the gold prizes requirements done at the same time. It's ideal to not choose Hard difficulty though, since you'll be reloading and redoing Stage 9 quite often for the endings. Those can be done through stage select once the other playthroughs are done. 

 

I agree with the hard advice as this would line up to get easy and normal on classic and remix leaving the stage select for last.  I feel like I read somewhere that for the routes you suggest on playthroughs 3 and 4 that these branches could be achieved starting from a day 5 save. 

 

The reason I pointed out the stage select method is the first route I took was the Rin route, unlocking all the stages, doing them from the phone select screen during the second playthrough and leaving the rest of the time to getting the endings and skipping the block stages on your ending playthroughs.

 

It's pretty much the same speed.  Where the block stage plays are done are shuffled around a bit and it requires doing the Rin route first, though.  I guess I favor my method because I found it a bit easier to do all settings for a night at once before going to the next night because of the stage similarities between classic and remix and the idea that the stage layouts are still fresh in your mind.

 

It is good to know that 4 playthroughs overall either way is the minimum amount you need to beat the game, at any rate.

 

Edit: Also, much thanks to writing the original trophy guide for Catherine.  You did an amazing job with it!  Especially with the video links for each mode. :) 

Edited by Temmie
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 11:00 AM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

It's not much easier. The only item you can use is the two-step jump, and you get three of them. It barely makes it easier.

 

Especially in Axis Mundi.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 0:50 AM, Temmie said:

 

Especially in Axis Mundi.

Two controllers makes it easier than altar on single player.

 

Also just finished rapunzel, I love the game but 128 levels is monotonous. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2019 at 1:40 AM, Temmie said:

 

I agree with the hard advice as this would line up to get easy and normal on classic and remix leaving the stage select for last.  I feel like I read somewhere that for the routes you suggest on playthroughs 3 and 4 that these branches could be achieved starting from a day 5 save. 

 

This ^ I kept a Night 6 Apartment Hallway save file (the one you're prompted to do before the interior monologue that opens the Rin route) with max Good alignment. This way I plan to cut short at least one playthrough.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eli_bloodthirst said:

Two controllers makes it easier than altar on single player.

 

Also just finished rapunzel, I love the game but 128 levels is monotonous. 

Lmao, just had that feel when I beat 64 stages and thought it was over, only to forget about the extra 64 stages.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Eli_bloodthirst said:

Two controllers makes it easier than altar on single player.

 

Yeah, that's very true.  However, now that they fixed the stage issue with AM, I'm gonna do it in single.  Been waiting for years for a fix on that.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The single trophy putting me off the platinum is This is El Dorado. 

How tedious is playing the exact same stage each time on each difficulty? Beyond stupidity I don’t have the time on my hands or the will to play the same game that many times. If you can get a gold prize on hard remix it should stack with every difficulty below and normal mode. Or at most, hard on both normal and remix should be required.

You have to really enjoy the game and have a lot of time on your hands, dedication and not be bothered at wanting to play one of the many great new games out at the moment to attempt this. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

The single trophy putting me off the platinum is This is El Dorado. 

How tedious is playing the exact same stage each time on each difficulty? Beyond stupidity I don’t have the time on my hands or the will to play the same game that many times. If you can get a gold prize on hard remix it should stack with every difficulty below and normal mode. Or at most, hard on both normal and remix should be required.

You have to really enjoy the game and have a lot of time on your hands, dedication and not be bothered at wanting to play one of the many great new games out at the moment to attempt this. 

It isn't so bad if you use the Stage Select function on Vincent's phone. It'll take a few hours sure but it's nothing awful.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.