How to not give location of ship to the military?

I did several runs, and most of the time I didn't pick up the two collectibles that gives you name of the ship. I picked up nothing at all.

I arrived at the radio. Picked "say nothing" until two people bugger off down the hole.

Restored power. The people who stays behind kept giving them the damn location, EVERY single time.

So.... how did you get around this? I want to see the other endings.

Restoring power is not required. You can just trigger the rebreather scene and it will skip it altogether.

I just want to say, every time I played the game (6 times, plus cleanup), I got a different ending. The first time I played, I had Conrad escape on the boat, then failed to restore the power or give my location, so he came back to save me with the Coast Guard at the end (actually, we had already escaped on the speedboat, so he got stuck alone on the ship). I didn't even realize at that point that there was an alternative to Conrad's path and you could actually play him during the whole game.

Edited by bud-arc

1 hour ago, shawn-norris said:

One way to avoid is to keep the distributor cap intact so everyone else can escape (not really long term solution as there are other endings besides these).  I picked up both collectibles for the ship's name in my second playthrough, so I'm curious about taking a look.  Could potentially be a bug.

Ive already seen escaping on boat ending.

1 hour ago, bud-arc said:

Restoring power is not required. You can just trigger the rebreather scene and it will skip it altogether.

Oh its that simple?! lol

13 hours ago, KHDelBoy said:

I did several runs, and most of the time I didn't pick up the two collectibles that gives you name of the ship. I picked up nothing at all.

I arrived at the radio. Picked "say nothing" until two people bugger off down the hole.

Restored power. The people who stays behind kept giving them the damn location, EVERY single time.

So.... how did you get around this? I want to see the other endings.

As far as I remember, that's how it works: if you don't pick up any collectibles that hint towards the name of the ship, you should be able to send out an S.O.S. without informing the military about the ship's actual name and cargo.

If done successfully, a rescue party will pick up the survivors by chopper, and you'll see they get incarcerated during the epilogue. Not exactly the happiest ending. ;)

8 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

As far as I remember, that's how it works: if you don't pick up any collectibles that hint towards the name of the ship, you should be able to send out an S.O.S. without informing the military about the ship's actual name and cargo.

If done successfully, a rescue party will pick up the survivors by chopper, and you'll see they get incarcerated during the epilogue. Not exactly the happiest ending. ;)

Ive seen that ending.

It doesn't matter what you do... say nothing. Giving no information. But as soon you go down the hole, the ones stay behind beside the radio WILL always give them the location, and you all end up in jail.

Anyway, skipping the generator works. As that stops the computer AI giving them the location and got another ending that I've never seen before.

Edited by KHDelBoy

6 hours ago, KHDelBoy said:

Ive seen that ending.

It doesn't matter what you do... say nothing. Giving no information. But as soon you go down the hole, the ones stay behind beside the radio WILL always give them the location, and you all end up in jail.

Anyway, skipping the generator works. As that stops the computer AI giving them the location and got another ending that I've never seen before.

Skipping the generator is what could do it, yes! I totally forgot I did that in one of my dozen runs, because I've tried so many different variations.