Pokemon Masters

Wavergray

So how are people liking the new pokemon based Hero Collector?

So far after about 3 days of playing I have to say it is pretty fun for a Hero Collector. However, there are quite a few problems that could kill the game if not dealt with fast. The main one is the Economy.

The Economy

The overall economy of the game is just bad right now. The game has a $1 = 100 gacha tokens (gems) rate and one roll of the gacha is 300 gems and a 10X roll is 3,000 gems. $30 for a 10x roll is pretty high and on top of this the F2P gem drop rate is really low. You get a little over 6,000 gems for finishing the story, which feels really low for a Hero Collector. Finish the story and get 20 rolls that could be full of dupes. On top of all of that this games has banners that you can only roll on with real money gems.

Even with that said the game is fun to play, I'll probably play through the full story, but after that i'll most likely drop it. 

So I've been playing this game for a week now and I managed to get some good 5* with Phoebe, Brenden and Blue. I almost finished the story and am now grinding materials for leveling up and unlocking attacks etc.

I was sceptical at first with the battle system, so I was very much surprised on how well done it actually is (and it kind of fits the Pokemon franchise). It's a breath of fresh air.

The only thing currently upsetting me is the separation of free jewels and paid ones. I've played many gacha games and I've only come across a handful that are using this same system and it's pretty much BS. 

Premium currency is premium currency, so yeah. 

But I guess I understand that they want to make players that are willing to pay have some advantage over f2p.

And yes, prices are a bit ridiculous, but if they keep making special offers like the one we currently have, I think it's okay.

About the gacha rate, I really can't complain. So far, it's pretty generous when it comes to pull rates. 

I'm looking forward to the future of this game, it definitely has potential and I really hope devs don't fuck it up with their greed.  

I'm currently trying to max out Blue, Rosa and Brenden but man, that's some real grinding you have to do. Still need 400+ materials for maxing out only Blue. It's really hard, since missions only give you about ~6 per battle. 

It really takes ages, even though it's at x3 speed. 

Also I kind of need to start grinding for gear, even though I still don't know how to access the missions to farm gear. There's so much to do ugh. I'm really, really happy that there is no stupid stamina system, I think I'd lose interest otherwise. Farming enough materials is a drag anyway, imagine it being limited to only a few couple tries a day because of limited stamina.  

1 minute ago, sasu_naru said:

I'm currently trying to max out Blue, Rosa and Brenden but man, that's some real grinding you have to do. Still need 400+ materials for maxing out only Blue. It's really hard, since missions only give you about ~6 per battle. 

It really takes ages, even though it's at x3 speed. 

Also I kind of need to start grinding for gear, even though I still don't know how to access the missions to farm gear. There's so much to do ugh. I'm really, really happy that there is no stupid stamina system, I think I'd lose interest otherwise. Farming enough materials is a drag anyway, imagine it being limited to only a few couple tries a day because of limited stamina.  

To unlock gear missions you have to beat the last story mission in co-op on hard.

For grinding you can Auto most of the training area course with a level 80 alolan Raichu and level 85 Snivy.

Just now, Wavergray said:

To unlock gear missions you have to beat the last story mission in co-op on hard.

For grinding you can Auto most of the training area course with a level 80 alolan Raichu and level 85 Snivy.

Oh nice, thanks a bunch! Do you have a team suggestion for the last story mission in co-op? 

Judging from the Pokémon they use I'll make a guess and say: Alolan Raichu, Lucario and Serperior? 

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now. But still, needing over 600 buff blends is just so ... annoying xD 

33 minutes ago, sasu_naru said:

Oh nice, thanks a bunch! Do you have a team suggestion for the last story mission in co-op? 

Judging from the Pokémon they use I'll make a guess and say: Alolan Raichu, Lucario and Serperior? 

It really comes down to who you have. At that point the problems with how they made difficulty in this game start to show themselves.

You really need high-powered single Target damage to get through the higher-level stuff in the game right now. If you have Olivia, Karen, Blue, Brendan, Phoebe, or Kris make a team with them and hope you get good teammates.

Here how my characters are looking:

Pokemon Masters (so far) https://imgur.com/a/cffEdZZ

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Wavergray said:

I dropped the game a few months latter and came back for the 2 year anniversary, and while the games seems better now it still have problems like will keep me from playing long term. 

Understandable, dude. Just today, I got Hilda from Pokemon Black and White using 30 5 star ticket.

• 7 months later...