Glitched Trophy Precious and Scourge drop

ZorroCesar

I turned in the ring to Reggie, got the trait but did not get the trophy -Precious Return Ring to Reggie

Boss drop glitched - I have done Scourge boss couple times in my playthroughs and helped someone else do it as well and still have yet to get the radioactive skull..

Can anyone help me with? Will I require to start a new character to get the achievement, or can I go back looking for the ring again to see if I can turn it in for the second time? Also, whats up with the boss :| 

On 9/4/2019 at 10:43 AM, ZorroCesar said:

I turned in the ring to Reggie, got the trait but did not get the trophy -Precious Return Ring to Reggie

Boss drop glitched - I have done Scourge boss couple times in my playthroughs and helped someone else do it as well and still have yet to get the radioactive skull..

Can anyone help me with? Will I require to start a new character to get the achievement, or can I go back looking for the ring again to see if I can turn it in for the second time? Also, whats up with the boss :| 

For this trophy to correctly unlock, the ring must be given to Reggie in your own campaign. If you gave him the ring in an online players campaign, you will receive the trait but not the trophy. If you both found and gave him the ring in your own campaign, i recommend redoing it in a different character.

Check to see if you already have the Breath of the Desert Mod from Scourge as well as McCabe in Ward 13. Boss items will only be rewarded once per character so if there is an issue with your character receiving it, you will need to do it on a different character unless a patch goes live. I haven't seen anything about this being a known issue.

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, weggelopen said:

you can get the trait by picking up lots of scrap

but my question is if this will lock you out of the trophy?

Out of which trophy? Returning the ring is not linked to any trait. 

In any case, to the best of my knowledge the issues mentioned by the OP have been fixed. At least I got the trophy without issues, and my coop-partner did as well You don't need to do everything in your own campaign anymore, all trophies (except Untouchable) can be earned in other player's worlds. 

Edited by Arcesius

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 0:03 PM, weggelopen said:

you can get the trait by picking up lots of scrap

but my question is if this will lock you out of the trophy?

It did not for me. I got the trait when I got the first scrap collecting trophy, and trophy when I gave Reggie the ring (was in my own solo world at the time).

I have not had issue with boss killing / game completing trophies while joined to friends games, but I think my 10 armor sets trophy didn't pop because I was in friends games, or maybe because I wear mix of armor pieces and currently equipped armor doesn't count so I didn't have 10 full armor pieces completed in inventory (not worn) at time new armor piece was picked up.

• 8 months later...

to dig out a older thread...

have the same problem with the trophy "Precious"

Played Co-op at the beginning, and dont know if one of the players i was with turned in the ring.

Got the Scavanger trait, but dunno if its because i got 2 of the 3 scrap trophies and got it from that.

Thing is, up till now i did 3 full campaign runs on earth, and 4 complete runs on adventure mode (earth), still no ring. 

Is the only workaround to create a new char, and play offline? 

8 hours ago, VaDiMkA said:

to dig out a older thread...

have the same problem with the trophy "Precious"

Played Co-op at the beginning, and dont know if one of the players i was with turned in the ring.

Got the Scavanger trait, but dunno if its because i got 2 of the 3 scrap trophies and got it from that.

Thing is, up till now i did 3 full campaign runs on earth, and 4 complete runs on adventure mode (earth), still no ring. 

Is the only workaround to create a new char, and play offline? 

If you obtain the Scavenger trait by picking up 10,000 scrap, it does not impact the ability to obtain the trophy for giving Reggie the ring. Unfortunately the tarnished ring is an RNG item that can spawn anywhere on Earth and may not spawn during a playthrough.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

If you obtain the Scavenger trait by picking up 10,000 scrap, it does not impact the ability to obtain the trophy for giving Reggie the ring. Unfortunately the tarnished ring is an RNG item that can spawn anywhere on Earth and may not spawn during a playthrough.

I'm having trouble getting the strange coin to spawn. I've tried re-rolling my campaign twice and my friend did the same plus we also played adventure mode on Earth. 

What would you advise we spend our time doing the most? Adventure mode?

6 hours ago, ViKed_ said:

I'm having trouble getting the strange coin to spawn. I've tried re-rolling my campaign twice and my friend did the same plus we also played adventure mode on Earth. 

Adventure Mode did not exist when I did the Tarnished Ring. With Earth being the first location in the game, my recommendation would be to keep trying it in Campaign mode. I found the ring in the underground subway environment during my run. There is no specific place on earth for the ring to appear so it can be generally anywhere which makes it tougher to run into. I would just take your time and go through as much of the environment as possible. There is always a slight chance that its in the environment but in a weird location that might have been missed. I wish I was able to direct you for more detailed help but the item simple doesn't have a specific spot. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ViKed_ said:

It's confirmed that you can also retrieve it through adventure mode. I know some people who got it that way. 

• Like 1

On 8.3.2021 at 0:22 AM, ViKed_ said:

Yes. Once you have completed the campaign and want to do the clean-up, don't touch campaign again. Just re-roll adventure mode. The maps generated in adventure mode always have one event, one mini-boss and one boss-dungeon and are thus smaller than the maps generated in campaign, making them easier to navigate looking for the items you are missing. 

Edit: Correction, there is no disadvantage to playing adventure :P  

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Yes. Once you have completed the campaign and want to do the clean-up, don't touch campaign again. Just re-roll adventure mode. The maps generated in adventure mode always have one event, one mini-boss and one boss-dungeon and are thus smaller than the maps generated in campaign, making them easier to navigate looking for the items you are missing. 

The disadvantage of doing adventure mode is that, afaik, you cannot get Simulacrum

Simulacrums can show up in adventure mode but unlike the campaign, they spawn randomly and aren't guaranteed to show up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, totakos1 said:

20 hours looking for the coin and ring and only got the ring! But I did get 18 simulacrum so far! Had to get 12 armor sets for the trophy just in case anyone has the same issue!

It doesn't include the armor or mods that you have equipped or the starting armor and mod for the trophy. The armor, and mods trophy pops as soon as you have obtained the "earned" amount of armor and mods unequipped in your inventory when a new armor or mod is unlocked. This is why it takes some people additional armor or mods to pop the trophies.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob
  • Like 1

Must have been lucky then. Just started the game, am a couple hours in and already found the ring (trophy popped as well - solo campaign). Also got the Mudtoooth location to spawn (which apparently is not always a given), so I'd say so far so good, just need the coin and voila hehe.

I had a strange trophy bug as well don't know if anyone had the same. I upgraded my submashine gun with the simulacrum to +20 but haven't received the trophy. First I thought, okay maybe I need to upgrade a main weapon instead of a side weapon to get the trophy. But my friend did the same ( even in the same session ) with the submashine gun and received the trophy. Yesterday I played a bit and upgraded a weapon ( forget what it was I guess the Ruin ) to +4 and received the trophy. totally weird ^^ 

So if someone else stumbles into this situation, maybe upgrade another weapon as well. 

5 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

I had a strange trophy bug as well don't know if anyone had the same. I upgraded my submashine gun with the simulacrum to +20 but haven't received the trophy. First I thought, okay maybe I need to upgrade a main weapon instead of a side weapon to get the trophy. But my friend did the same ( even in the same session ) with the submashine gun and received the trophy. Yesterday I played a bit and upgraded a weapon ( forget what it was I guess the Ruin ) to +4 and received the trophy. totally weird ^^ 

So if someone else stumbles into this situation, maybe upgrade another weapon as well. 

its a known issue that happens to everyone, once you reach +20 with your first weapon, you won't receive the trophy until you rank up another weapon once. It's the only way to pop it. Your friend most likely did this without even realizing it. The armor and mod trophy has its own specific issue as well with how it unlocks.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

2 hours ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

its a known issue that happens to everyone, once you reach +20 with your first weapon, you won't receive the trophy until you rank up another weapon once. It's the only way to pop it. Your friend most likely did this without even realizing it. The armor and mod trophy has its own specific issue as well with how it unlocks.

okay man thanks for clarification, only trophy I need now is 10 armor sets. Hope I gonna find these in the dlcs now.

• 5 months later...

The "not so lucky" trophy has broken me. 3 campaign rolls and 7 adventure rolls and I still cannot find that strange coin.

I would be eternally grateful if someone has the coin and would be willing to Co-Op with me as they turn it into Ace. I want to move onto the DLC but can't bring myself to do it until I have this damn trophy. 

Edited by bravelilmuffin