Mr. Tommasi (Part 2) - Light Cheese Method

ZenRhino

I really struggled beating this boss (I lost count at 18 times!) until I found a semi-cheese method.

On the right hand side of the room as you walk in, there is a raised metal walkway. If you run under the walkway, about half way back there is a recess between two concrete buttresses.

He can't hit you there! His missiles hit the walkway over your head. You can snipe away at him quite easily.

The airborne adds couldn't seem to easily get to me there either, giving me longer to snipe them.

The only real problem left are the grounded HISS, but I found because everything was coming at me straight on, I could bring them down easier. The cloaked arsehole still got close, but I managed to get him.

The other benefit is being in the same spot for the entire fight meant it was easier to pick up the blue health orbs as all the enemies died within a few feet of me. I had full health mods and finished the fight at about 75% health.

Hope it helps someone, because I was losing my mind with this fight.

Edited by ZenRhino
  • Like 3

This one was the most annoying for me.  Best thing to do is fight your way into the very top of the room, he doesn't follow you that easily and the invisible hiss can't seem to get you at the Middle rail. Here is my run:

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 2

I was struggling until I headed straight up to the top left of the room ( as you head in ) you can levitate up there quickly.

Then watch Tomassi whenever he lifts 2 rocks up beside himself always keep your shield up until he’s thrown both of these.

Move around this top corner using the floor as a natural shield picking him off with launched items & Pierce. When adds spawn in focus on clearing them with Charge - always keeping an eye on Tomassi’s location in case you need to pop your shield up again quickly.

The invisible Hiss mostly spawns below on the ground if it appears up in the top corner run down one of the side runways and use your shield until it’s used it’s huge blast then pummel it with Charge.

After loads of failed runs hanging around the floor I got him first try up in that corner.

Good luck you can do it!

Edited by StarGeeek
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

This one was the most annoying for me.  Best thing to do is fight your way into the very top of the room, he doesn't follow you that easily and the invisible hiss can't seem to get you at the Middle rail. 

I didn't realise the invisible hiss couldn't get you on the middle rail!!

That's brilliant advise then as the invisible hiss is the most dangerous thing in the encounter I think ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZenRhino said:

I didn't realise the invisible hiss couldn't get you on the middle rail!!

That's brilliant advise then as the invisible hiss is the most dangerous thing in the encounter I think 1f44d.png

Np, that mofo was the main reason why it took me so many tries. 

On 04/09/2019 at 5:21 PM, ZenRhino said:

I really struggled beating this boss (I lost count at 18 times!) until I found a semi-cheese method.

On the right hand side of the room as you walk in, there is a raised metal walkway. If you run under the walkway, about half way back there is a recess between two concrete buttresses.

He can't hit you there! His missiles hit the walkway over your head. You can snipe away at him quite easily.

The airborne adds couldn't seem to easily get to me there either, giving me longer to snipe them.

The only real problem left are the grounded HISS, but I found because everything was coming at me straight on, I could bring them down easier. The cloaked arsehole still got close, but I managed to get him.

The other benefit is being in the same spot for the entire fight meant it was easier to pick up the blue health orbs as all the enemies died within a few feet of me. I had full health mods and finished the fight at about 75% health.

Hope it helps someone, because I was losing my mind with this fight.

This strat worked perfectly for me, thanks dude! :)

• Like 1

Good strategy. However, I personally found esseJ and Mold-1's final phases significantly more difficult until I learned of the cheese to just hide upstairs. You only really need to worry about minions, did it around 4th or 5th attempt. Upgrade your shield, use pierce form and use the top walkway to avoid the specter towards the end and you should be good. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

On 05/09/2019 at 7:12 AM, StarGeeek said:

I was struggling until I headed straight up to the top left of the room ( as you head in ) you can levitate up there quickly.

Then watch Tomassi whenever he lifts 2 rocks up beside himself always keep your shield up until he’s thrown both of these.

Move around this top corner using the floor as a natural shield picking him off with launched items & Pierce. When adds spawn in focus on clearing them with Charge - always keeping an eye on Tomassi’s location in case you need to pop your shield up again quickly.

The invisible Hiss mostly spawns below on the ground if it appears up in the top corner run down one of the side runways and use your shield until it’s used it’s huge blast then pummel it with Charge.

After loads of failed runs hanging around the floor I got him first try up in that corner.

Good luck you can do it!

This worked perfectly for me, thank you.

• 8 months later...
On 05/09/2019 at 8:12 AM, StarGeeek said:

Good luck you can do it!

Awesome, thanks! This was by far the easiest boss fight doing it like this (it is considered the hardest). I don’t feel I cheesed it at all.

I finished this fight on my first attempt, easy peasy with full health. The bad guy mostly hovered below me so I just had to power up my pierce and line him up. He sent a few off those kamikaze flying things my way and a few soldiers up the stairs which are all easy to pick off. And just like that, the fight I dreaded most done. 

Ironically I almost rage quit the game early on in the game after our first encounter, until I figured out that you could just hide behind pillars and suffer no damage.

Thanks again, that only leaves the mold boss for me.