Trophy thoughts?

I8albert

I mean they took out most of the grindy Mycareer trophies but we still got Goat Collector which will still take a very long time . But other than that i would say outside of the myteam trophies this will be way easier no more grinding for a bike for 100 hours or playing mygm for hours either. It looks like My career was will come naturally if you play long enough to have a play at a high enough overall or "pay your way" you will be able to get 80 % of the trophies pretty easily. However as i said myteam and "Goat Collector" are still platinum killers thus will remain a ultra rare plat sadly and will still require crazy amount of time, luck, and money. 

• Like 1

Wow, they actually changed the trophy list a lot this year.   So many My Career trophies but no longer a long, career needed, but you can do in single games.  Can you create different types of players (I assume so) to make it easier, like a center for rebounding, etc.

But what makes this a much easier platinum is that they removed the requirement for online success.  You no longer have to win 10 games in the top division of Play Now Online or sweep through all 12 games in My Team.  Those were the skill-level platinum killers.  Now, it appears to be all doable in single player games, which is crazy.  The plat percentage will be higher than previous years but still pretty low because of the GOAT card collector one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyvnyde said:

Looks a lot easier this year. There are a couple of tricky looking trophies but with some skill should be fine. G.O.A.T. Collector will be a killer for a lot of people, though.

Yes, I may end up picking those up cheap again down the road and this year I should not have to worry about timed trophies like dodgeball or trivia disappearing.

Pretty lazy trophy list (looking at you My Career single game trophies) but after NBA 2K19, a welcome reprieve.

1 minute ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

It looks fairly easier compared to other NBA 2K titles. Geologist and G.O.A.T Collector will be the rarest trophies imo. Make sure to ready your wallets out for G.O.A.T Collector xD.

If you want the platinum quick, then Geologist will be difficult/costly.  If you are willing to wait until the end of the season, it will be very easy to come by as they always release a ton of highest-end (opal galaxy or equivalent) cards.  Some of the non-marquee players are probably close to quick sell at this point.

• Like 2

Just now, djb5f said:

Yes, I may end up picking those up cheap again down the road and this year I should not have to worry about timed trophies like dodgeball or trivia disappearing.

Pretty lazy trophy list (looking at you My Career single game trophies) but after NBA 2K19, a welcome reprieve.

I like it. Not because it's easier, but because it's more varied than in previous years.

I know what you mean about the timed trophies. The trivia trophy was literally the only trophy that stopped me from getting the 2K19 platinum. Such a simple trophy, yet just removed without any kind of warning. Spent all my time in MyTEAM before even touching MyCAREER. ?

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

If you want the platinum quick, then Geologist will be difficult/costly.  If you are willing to wait until the end of the season, it will be very easy to come by as they always release a ton of highest-end (opal galaxy or equivalent) cards.  Some of the non-marquee players are probably close to quick sell at this point.

If it'll be in the game, completing Domination mode can be helpful for those cards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

I like it. Not because it's easier, but because it's more varied than in previous years.

I know what you mean about the timed trophies. The trivia trophy was literally the only trophy that stopped me from getting the 2K19 platinum. Such a simple trophy, yet just removed without any kind of warning. Spent all my time in MyTEAM before even touching MyCAREER. 1f621.png

Ha, same, spent so much time at the beginning on MyTeam as I like building up my team in that mode and collecting cards.  I got to MyCareer late and did not get many chances at dodgeball.  Maybe for the better, as some of the online trophies (12-0 in MyTeam or 10-0 in Play Now Online) would have been a challenge and time-consuming.  Never mind that Play Now Online Player Control never unlocked like it should have for me.

2 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

If it'll be in the game, completing Domination mode can be helpful for those cards.

Yes, I imagine it will be.

Edited by djb5f

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Ha, same, spent so much time at the beginning on MyTeam as I like building up my team in that mode and collecting cards.  I got to MyCareer late and did not get many chances at dodgeball.  Maybe for the better, as some of the online trophies (12-0 in MyTeam or 10-0 in Play Now Online) would have been a challenge and time-consuming.  Never mind that Play Now Online Player Control never unlocked like it should have for me.

Play Now Online was quite easy for me this year thanks to the poor matchmaking in the game and the fact I invested a lot of time getting it in 2K18.

Unlimited was pretty stressful. Your heart is definitely racing when you're 11-0 up and going for that final win.

1 minute ago, Cyvnyde said:

Play Now Online was quite easy for me this year thanks to the poor matchmaking in the game and the fact I invested a lot of time getting it in 2K18.

Unlimited was pretty stressful. Your heart is definitely racing when you're 11-0 up and going for that final win.

Poor matchmaking, are you saying that when you were in Division 1, you were often matched up against lower division teams?

3 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

are the collector trophies in these NBA games online trophies? I noticed that UFC3 has a very similar system with cards, but the way it was played made it seem like it could be always available.

yes, it is an online mode that will be removed at some point.  But you can do single player challenges to unlock cards and coins to unlock cards.

• Like 1

As somebody who typically focuses 95+% of their 2K energy in career mode, it’s fun to see so many career mode trophies, although I’m admittedly a bit sad that they haven’t brought back a hall of fame trophy. It adds a lot more play time to that specific mode if you’re playing exclusively for trophy reasons, and is far less hokey than hitting an OVR rating that unlocks a bike or something. That’s just my own personal bias though. 

Very happy to see a relaxed approach to online related trophies. I know GOAT collector will be a grind, but everything else seems quite doable. I only have 2 of the 2K platinums, and haven’t got one since 2K13, but maybe I can snatch this years. 

Mostly, I’m happy that they changed the list quite a bit. Seeing games like Madden trot out (mostly) the same trophy list for the better part of a decade gets really old. 

• Like 1

Much easier than the previous games.  Also, on MyTeam they restricted lineups a bit.  So, I don't have to beat scrubs who use Giannis or LeBron as a PG.  I actually may be able to do 2K18, 2K19 and 2K20 by the end of the year :hmm: From the looks of it, you can get the vast majority of the trophies in two games.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

I imagine the platinum will still be <1% due to the GOAT collector. 

On 2k19, G.O.A.T Collector was achieved by 0.20% (55 achievers)

On 2k18, Work Complete was achieved by 0.02% (12 achievers)

More people will go for the collector cuz it's the one Goliath trophy in order to get the platinum, but this'll still be quite difficult. 

• Like 2