3 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Until they release multiple DLC packs requiring you to do 40-man raids on insane difficulty. Oh, and the raids are only available for 1 day every 6-8 months.

Honestly, as much as I love the franchise, the previous game left a very bad taste in my mouth. On the fence about this one.

This ^

Loved the first one but the second was a massive disappointment for me. 

They should have just kept it fun and simplistic like the original. If they'd have just added the new characters without all that only once in a blue moon even shite and those stupid gnomus trials it would have been way better Imo. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

This ^

They should have just kept it fun and simplistic like the original. If they'd have just added the new characters without all that only once in a blue moon even shite and those stupid gnomus trials it would have been way better Imo. 

I agree so much with you. I loved the first one because it was simplistic. I couldn’t really get into the second game.

I hope this one is better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

This ^

1 hour ago, anotherfangirl said:

I agree so much with you. I loved the first one because it was simplistic. I couldn’t really get into the second game.

I hope this one is better.

Gotta agree with both of you too. Second one felt like a slog to play and I'm not sure why. I got the first one when they were giving it away digitally, and I loved it so much I went and bought a physical copy of it, in my mind, to support the franchise.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Gotta agree with both of you too. Second one felt like a slog to play and I'm not sure why. I got the first one when they were giving it away digitally, and I loved it so much I went and bought a physical copy of it, in my mind, to support the franchise.

I got the first one when they gave it for free also and loved it. I didn't feel like it was to hard to plat. I mostly played with random players. I have the second game but have not even played it yet. Maybe one day I will. 

I love the look of the trophy tiles for this one.

Edited by snakebit10

2 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

loved the previous games...

maybe it will be possible again to load your old character from part 2 into this one? in that case the max level won't be hard. but 3200 kills oO if you don't like one class it's always annoying

No, at least not yet. I bought the game, loaded it up, and there was no bonuses for having GW2 with Mastered characters. They might add something, they might not. They've changed things around this time. You don't unlock variations of the characters, you unlock abilities that the old characters had. As an example Sunflower can now have an ability to heal when dealing damage, just like the Vampire Sunflower had in GW2.

Other changes include no more lootbox/sticker packs. You just drop gold into a gacha machine and they give you a random item. The quest hub is way larger, and I think there's multiple quest hubs? I'm not too sure, but each one has hidden gnomes and treasure chests, costume rewards. Let's just say the game is a lot larger than the previous one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

Other changes include no more lootbox/sticker packs. You just drop gold into a gacha machine and they give you a random item. The quest hub is way larger, and I think there's multiple quest hubs? I'm not too sure, but each one has hidden gnomes and treasure chests, costume rewards. Let's just say the game is a lot larger than the previous one.

EA is hilarious. They remove the Loot Boxes and instead add a machine where you get random items ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

EA is hilarious. They remove the Loot Boxes and instead add a machine where you get random items ?

No one said they were removing loot boxes lol. It is all cosmetic though which is nice.

For those wondering, it does feel a lot more like 1 than 2, without a doubt.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alexhardstyle said:

Will it be included in EA ACCESS when released? 

Not straight away. There will be a wait. I'm not entirely sure if they have a set amount of months that have to pass before an EA game goes on Access, but I guess to give you an idea, Anthem came out in February I think and it is still not included on EA Access as a full game, just a trial.

So I'm guessing it'll most likely be some time next year when this goes on EA Access as a full release.

10 hours ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Same here, as soon as I was done with the PS4 version and discovered there was a PS3 version with a whole seperate trophy list I was straight down my local CEX to get me the disc.  I had a whole lot of fun doing it all over again.  If they were to release PVZ2 again at some point though I would not entertain doing that again!  Total chore with hardly any fun that just became a complete BALLACHE.

• Like 1

Love it so far. The new characters, the hub and the maps are pretty good. Just needs some balance on some characters, like that damn nightcap ?  I hope they will add back the other characters( ice pea, armored chomper and etc.) not only cosmetic customisation, because it will get boring very fast. The 2nd was far better for me - all modes were playable on splitscreen, a lot of free content and stuff to do. The 1st was just boring with no hub and the garden ops was terrible.  It's worth buying for that price and it's far from the EA crap with the "loot boxes before everything" and the future looks bright. If someone wants to team up, add me ☺️69738151_2400474783362088_834812415366397952_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQl3eCQ_U3_nM9nurclJk4EB_HR_bIoTfVsJYn5U4c9P99X-BZBJY74u1V1wjXyEETQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fsof5-1.fna&oh=51902f76e43ba482d60d6fe76fefa477&oe=5E00D8B7

Edited by Need4Weed2

On 9/4/2019 at 4:26 PM, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

loved the previous games...

maybe it will be possible again to load your old character from part 2 into this one? in that case the max level won't be hard. but 3200 kills oO if you don't like one class it's always annoying

No, you have to relevel the characters plus there are 6 new ones that were not in 2, so this is quite a grind. There is a machine that will grant EXP to a character for 15,000 coins, but then that means you will not be using the cosmetic machine. The kills are not so bad though because they are not specifically PVP. I finished all the 200 kill trophies for plants just on my way to 100% in Town Center, the PVE zone.

• Like 1

RE Need4Weed2

The variants are replaced by the character upgrades that you learn through promotions. I don't know if there is a way to get like an ice effect and such but there are some interesting and powerful ones. The balancing is terrible. I played the Alpha and the balancing in there needed some tweaking, but what happened is they went overboard with the tweaks. For example, the electric slide and 80s action hero were overpowered. The 80s action hero was one-shotting with near hits on weaker plants because his bows fully charged aoe would do the same damage as a hit if it was close enough. Now it takes like three fully charged headshots to kill, so he is very weak. The electric slide required some good accuracy but would deal good aoe and single target damage, you could kill weaker plants in about 5 well-placed shots and would deal decent damage to nearby plants, now you have to land like 15 shots to kill a plant and the rate of fire and required accuracy makes that terrible, and it hardly does any aoe now. So it went from OP to useless just like the action hero. There were some other characters that were nerfed greatly too. Then there is the nightcap. In the alpha he was a little underpowered if you played him right, hit-and-run and stealth tactics, you could do pretty well, but he did feel a little weak. Now you can just charge in spamming your attack and kill a whole team pretty much. Overall in the alpha the zombie side was OP they would win most of the games, but now, it seems zombies never leave spawn when attacking, and get steamrolled in defending. They took the slightly off-balanced alpha, and attached a rocket to the pendulum and sent it the other way. My hope is that a part of the early access is that they will continue to tweak balancing, that way by its release it will be perfectly balanced or as close to it as can be.

Edited by Fragster99
Something strange happened with the quote after posting so i removed it
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 1:10 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

By far the best of the PVZ games thus far. Loving it! Definitely worth buying it early IMO!

I will say the mushroom character needs nerfed though...

Lets add the tree to “needing nerfed desperately” now as well. That character ruins MP for me now. Avoiding at all cost.