What Games do You Re-Play? (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

Hey folks! Hope you're having a wonderful week so far and getting some last enjoyment out of summer wherever you may be! :)

For those of you that don't know, @ChernobylNinja and I run a podcast titled, "Plat Cast" where we often ask questions here and read, then discuss your answers on our show. This week's question comes from our Patreon supporter @Bos10George who asks:

"What games do you replay? Trophy hunters generally plat it and quit it. What games do you go back to?"

I think this is a great question for folks that play games like we do. What games do you go back to even if you've already got the plat, or finished it as much as you want to?

Let us know and as always we look forward to your replies.

Make sure to check out our Discord channel as well, over at: https://t.co/ayqM2pr6eq

Thanks everyone! 

Borderlands 2 for sure, i have been playing it on and off since 2009 across PlayStation 3, Vita and 4. Granted on Vita the frame rates are not great but it kept me going when i was in Australia for a little while and the PS4 addition was welcome since it just made the game even better with a new trophy list to do it all over again :D 

• Like 1

gta iv...at least one month of every year goes to helping with the MP stuff...

gta v...have done many a doomsday heist criminal mastermind run to help  others complete them successfully...

uncharted 4...love the survival mode...hit it up every now and again to help people or randoms out with the crushing stuff...

there are a handful of other games I pick up from time to time depending on what my psn friends are playing...the general theme is helping people with good co-op...all about the charity...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

Shadow of the Colossus. I feel like this game is my answer to a lot of topics like this on this site lol. But nevertheless, it's true, I've played through SotC more times than I can easily recollect, and it's still amazing. Played the PS2, 3, and 4 versions and will continue to play it many many more times before all is said and done I'm sure. 

• Like 1

Max Payne 1 and 2. I've pretty much finished them both once a year since they came out.

Civilization 3 and 4. I still play both of these a lot.

Monkey Island series (apart from escape from) I play through those every few years.

Half life - lost count how many times I've completed that.

GTA Vice City - Another I play a lot still but on pc. The cars spawning right Infront of you on the PS2/PS4 version make it unplayable to me

• Like 2

Final Fantasy X-2 is my all time most replayed game. Love it to death. Mainly did it a lot on PS2 and a couple of times with the HD rerelease on PS3. Don't even own it on PS4.

Besides that I can find myself replaying and enjoying NieR: Automata and Resonance of Fate because the combat in each game is quite enjoyable to me and the stories are always good.

Dark Cloud 2 I have played a total of 8 times now, 7 of which were on PS2. Finally had an all medal playthrough this 8th on PS4 and will have the platinum whenever I feel like catching that fish.

Devil May Cry 1 and Furi if I feel like replaying certain parts. Both games got me into the action genre. Played DMC1 for the first time on PS4.

I played 999 and VLR on 3DS and I loved them both and recently bought the Zero Escape collection. Waiting to make one of the silver trophies my 5000th trophy milestone because it's one of my most favorite fictional characters ever's ending.

Besides all that I'm willing to replay, eventually, any old games I really liked that got remasters or releases with trophies. Some being Final Fantasy VIII and IX, .hack//G.U. trilogy, Rogue Galaxy (already started), No More Heroes (that PS3 copy is stupid expensive), and Persona 3 if it ever happens,.

Dejavu. I just recently commented on a topic just like this a few weeks ago.

- Dying Light

- Jak and Daxter Tetralogy (Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, Jak 3, Jak X: Combat Racing)

- Gravity Rush series (Gravity Rush, Gravity Rush 2)

- Team Sonic Racing

- Dead Nation

- Spyro series (Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon)

- Telltale's The Walking Dead series (The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: Season 2, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, The Walking Dead: Michonne, The Walking Dead: Season 4)

- The Last of Us (multiplayer)

- Dead Space series (Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Dead Space 3)

- Rocket League

- GRIP: Combat Racing (because of its ongoing DLC support)

Games I will revisit very soon, because sequels are coming out or a port-of-some-kind with separate trophy list has been made:

- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

- Shantae ½ Genie Hero

- Far Cry 3 (Enhanced Edition)

- Borderlands 2

EDF 5, I must be clocking at 600+ hours in the game now. I know all the missions by heart so I don't need to think too much and it's the perfect mindless fun I sometimes need after a hard day.

I also often replay Dead Space 3 on coop, I just love this game with its atmosphere and the crafting system that allows to try multiple types of weapons and the game itself is good (despite what a lot of people say).

Killing Floor 2 is also a game I come back regularly too, that may be because the devs keep adding trophies every now and then :giggle:

Add me to those saying Borderlands 2. I think a big part is how differently you can play from session to session. All six of the characters have their own unique playstyle, the large amount of content means you'll rarely repeat missions in a single session, and the gameplay loop makes you want to go another round to try out the new gun you picked up. The ability to play co-op is a major part of it as well. I could be going through a mission for the fiftieth time and it'll still feel very different because the team I'm with isn't the same as the others I came through with during the last forty-nine playthroughs of it, and I have to adapt to what they bring to the table.

That said, I otherwise don't replay games as much as I used to. You could probably chalk that up to the amount of games available to me. As a kid, I couldn't buy a ton of games, so replaying what I did have was a must. Nowadays, I don't repeat that many games because there's just so much in the backlog that replaying something I've already beaten feels like a bit of a waste, honestly. The only stuff I do keep playing is stuff like Borderlands that have very unique experiences per session, so like multiplayer games like Overwatch or franchise modes in sports games.

I'd maybe consider replaying games I loved when they get remastered for a different generation - for example, I'm going through MGS 2 and 3 for the first time in a while in the HD collection - but as those tend to have different trophy lists, I'm not sure they count for the question.

Okami
Dust An Elysian Tail
God of War III
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
God of War 1 & 2
Infamous
Prince of Persia The Sands of Time
Embers of Mirrim
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
Senran Kagura Estival Versus and Peach Beach Splash
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Skylanders Trap Team

And haven't replayed it yet, but might replay Spider-man at some point
I don't have the Platinum yet, but I did buy Sonic Forces again on the Nintendo Switch a while back a replayed the game that and got all the costumes again, played through it again on a different system mostly because I wanted to Create more OC avatars.
Not sure if that counts or not.

• Like 1

Borderlands 1&2 back in highschool I used to run a Sherpa service on Xbox now I just replay em for the fun

Battlefield 1,4, and 5 love the story love the mp

Bioshock 1&2 why else would I have a crap ton of tattoos from the game if I didn't love the atmosphere story and setting. Bioshock at this point I could play blind. 

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Catherine, Mirror's Edge, Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 4 and Street Fighter IV.

I've earned Platinum/100% completion on each of these games multiple times across six or seven different PSN accounts (including completing the Hard Trials on Street Fighter IV for multiple friends), because they are not just my favourite games from the last ten years, but amongst my best gaming experiences from nearly thirty years as a gamer.

I go back to Devil May Cry 5 whenever I have a spare moment, simply to either listen to the awesome soundtrack or to try and up my scores a little, or beat Vergil on mission 20. I play the Devil May Cry collection a lot also, making up new accounts just to get the Platinums again. I have also done the 3rd game in the series for a few of my friends. I simply love that game! Another game I go back to a lot is Bionic Commando. I know it got slated back in the day, but I Rank it as one of my most favourite games of all time. Again, the music was a huge factor in my liking that game so much! Like others have previously stated here, I also like to play Batman whenever I can and I can safely say that the Arkham series is one of the best games I have played also! 

• Like 1

Soulsborne games. The build diversity, the challenges you can attempt (there's even a site where you can create your own randomized challenge) , the Himalayan Salt you receive online...

Yep whenever I feel like it i load up dark souls x or bloodborne and try another challenge/cosplay run

All of these are on my other profile but...

S1114ef.png  One of my favorite indie games in recent memory. Explosive dungeon crawling action and tons of crazy spells, all beautifully animated.

Sdee15a.png I've gone through this game maybe...7 times (?) since it released. I still find it hilarious everytime. Combat is simple and enjoyable too.

S04f57b.png Just some of my favorite games of all time. It is just something about the world building in these games that draw me back for repeat playthroughs.

Edited by GameMatter