Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy coming to PS4

These were announced for Switch at the Nintendo direct but they’re also coming to PS4

Heard good things about these games but never got a chance to play them

Jedi Outcast is out September 24th

Academy in 2020

https://www.starwars.com/news/jedi-knight-ii-jedi-outcast-and-jedi-knight-jedi-academy-coming-to-nintendo-switch

Edited by DEI2EK
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I never got a chance to play them either, but you would think Academy would come out first being the first game?

Academy is actually the third Jedi Knight game, fourth in the series after Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight 2.

There's also an Expansion for Dark Forces 2 called Mysteries of The Sith where you play with Luke's wife, Mara Jade.

Edited by Devil_Spooky
  • Like 1

This is fantastic news that I never thought I would hear! Jedi Outcast and Academy are what I consider to be a very high bar for Star Wars action games that hasn't been topped since. Maybe there is some hope that we will get a KOTOR remaster some day ?

• Like 3

What the literal hell. JA is one of the very few games--you can count 'em on a Simpsons character's hand--whose online multiplayer mode I've sank an inordinate amount of time into. Singleplayer, despite its dated clunkiness, is still a good time.

Pleasant walk down old memory lane, this.

19 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I think it's time to teach the kids all about the good old Force Choke and throwing them off a cliff trick.

kinda disappointed its not a sequel or a remake, but its a joy that these classics are getting the attention they deserve. Star wars game reached in the early to mid 2000s are great. Now just waiting for the Republic commando game (series) revaltilized  

Awesome news. I think these were already rumored to come at some point. Both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are among my favorite Star Wars games. Played both of them in my PC back in the day. Nothing like throwing Stormtroopers out of a cliff with force choke or, my favorite, zapping everyone in sight with a level 3 force lightning. Those were the days. :awesome: Even the guns were fun to use in first-person mode. The Stouker concussion rifle was awesome to blast people with lol.

Here's hoping both of them will have an appropriate, reasonably challenging trophy list when they land on PS4. :D 

24 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

I am so hyped. I've managed to play Jedi Academy in the past and invested so much into the splitscreen, but I never got around to playing Outcast. But you know what this could possibly mean, the next step up afterwards is naturally bringing the KOTOR games to the PS4.

I would kill for a KOTOR 2 remaster, the first one is good but I strongly prefer the second.

You aren't joking are you?

Jedi Outcast and Academy are really coming to PS4?

FUCK. YES!!!!

For those who didn't play these absolute MARVELS on PC, let me tell you : Jedi Outcast and Academy have THE BEST LIGHTSABER COMBAT from all Jedi games EVER! 

Jesus Christ my heart can't take this news xD I officially want these games more than Cyberpunk or whatever they are bringing in 2020. Platinum,100%, I don't care I WANT THESE ON PS4. Time to Kyle Katarn people.

I need to resupply the salt reserves from using the butterfly in Academy online xD Damn this made my day better. Lowkey means that KOTOR 1 and 2 have a chance too.

How come EA and Disney are ok with reviving games from the old Universe btw? That's a shocker. Maybe because the newest star wars movies suck ass?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SirDave1988 said:

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. 

"I was about to say that".

10 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I would kill for a KOTOR 2 remaster, the first one is good but I strongly prefer the second.

Seriously, I don't need remakes or remasters. Just a few stable and reasonably priced ports. There are so many choice Star Wars games from the 6th generation to choose from.

Aspyr, the company behind these upcoming releases also worked on the Steam version of KOTOR 1& 2. I wonder if they'll port more games in the future?

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 2

Oh I am so fucking ready. Now they just need to get Republic Commando over to the PS4 and I can die happily :)

Edit: and KotOR. We're not gonna get the OG Battlefront 2, so no point wishing that could happen.

Edited by Nitro
KotOR