MHW Iceborne update available

I'm strangely still getting Iceborne on Friday, but why are we getting an update and download for a game that you need to have first.

Wait...so if I read this thing correctly you are looking at a total of well over 80GB? This is stupidly huge for a game to be honest.

Edited by tsuki_-no-_usagi

"Note: After purchasing the physical version of Monster Hunter: World or Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition, about 50GB (PS4) or about 45GB (Xbox One) are required for the initial update."

Just a heads up if your on short of HDD Space like myself after the disc installed it's initial 41GB I tried installing the update and I had 54GB spare and it still gave me an error for not enough space, I then proceeded to deleted stuff until I had 68GB of free space and ran into the error again, It eventually let me download the 7.9GB update when I had 74GB of free space. I'm on a PS4 Pro so maybe there was extra to download I'm not sure.

Installed total after the patch is 49GB.

I’ll clear this up because there seems to be some confusion. The big 10.11 patch for the base game includes Iceborne. It’s necessary for all users to download all the content so that they can still play together. The Iceborne DLC in the PSN store is just an unlock key.

4 minutes ago, tsuki_-no-_usagi said:

Wouldn't the disc version that comes with both monster hunter an iceborne have basically the same download to it. Just asking since that the set I'm picking up tomorrow.

The disc version of Iceborne initial install totalled 41GB then you download a 7.9GB day one patch and after installed your Monster Hunter World total space taken is 49GB.