Game/trophy thoughts

JPageMartin36

I might make this my first ever 'arcade archives' game. I remember dropping coins in the arcade playing this around 1990 (best guess). I was never very good at it. I seem to remember some easy thugs with white t-shirts that quickly get replaced by tougher guys in denim.

Think I had a version on the Amstrad computer but the graphics were horrible compared to the arcade version and the health bar was glitched so you could never take damage!

• Like 1

I quite like Vigilante, especially on the C64 but I think I will pass on this one. More of a fan of Double Dragon style scrolling beat-em-ups.

I'd much prefer Data East's Bad Dudes VS Dragon Ninja. I hope that one comes to Arcade Archives soon

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So despite my comment 4 years ago (has it really been that long...) I finally got around to buying and playing Vigilante.

It's as fun as I remember, but sadly it's no Kung Fu Master, very similar though but man some of the bosses are pretty bullshit, like you just mash kick or punch at close range and sometimes it hits and sometimes it won't. And the last boss, all you do is to repeatedly do flying kicks with a 1.5 second delay between each over and over again.

Kung Fu master is a lot fairer and perhaps better designed. Vigilante is good though and certainly satisfied my Kung Fu Master itch.

To me the only thing that feels really dated on these games these days is waggling left and right to shake off enemies, it's not fun to do on a pad, or joystick for that matter, could be so easily solved though if button mashing and up and down inputs were also accepted as valid inputs and not just left and right.

• Like 1