Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise announced

ziggypossum

6Fmszpm.jpg

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise announced for Switch; Deadly Premonition Origins available now

Publisher Rising Star Games and developer Toybox Inc. have announced Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise exclusively for Switch. It is directed and written by Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro and will launch in 2020.

Additionally, the original Deadly Premonition is available now for Switch via the Nintendo eShop as Deadly Premonition Origins. A physical Collector’s Edition of Deadly Premonition Origins will be released via publisher Aksys Games in November.

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/deadly-premonition-2-a-blessing-in-disguise-announced-for-switch-deadly-premonition-origins-available-now

Deadly Premonition 2 'Switch Exclusive at Launch',

Suggesting a PS4 Release in the Future

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/09/deadly_premonition_2_switch_exclusive_at_launch_suggesting_a_ps4_release_in_the_future

Edited by ziggypossum
UPD
  • Like 4

Rising Star Games co-founder: Deadly Premonition 2 is "Switch exclusive at launch"

So, let's wait and see

10 minutes ago, soniq said:

Thank you! Thread updated.

Edited by ziggypossum

42 minutes ago, soniq said:

Oh wow! thanks for clarifying, if this happens i'm so in. I'd love an original + sequel double pack. Or better yet - preorder the sequel and get the first one free while you wait for the new one to release. I'm so up for this!

Deadly Premonition was one of those so bad it's good games. Also it was insane how op they let u be in it giving u infinite ammo guns in the first playthrough unlike Resident Evil. I did enjoy it though and I do hope the sequel does eventually come to PlayStation.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, silnev said:

Deadly Premonition was one of those so bad it's good games. Also it was insane how op they let u be in it giving u infinite ammo guns in the first playthrough unlike Resident Evil. I did enjoy it though and I do hope the sequel does eventually come to PlayStation.

I would argue that the important parts of it are actually so good, that it doesn't matter that everything else is a technical catastrophe. :D

Deadly Premonition would have been a lot better as a movie or Telltale-style because the gameplay was horrendous. I see the driving was already mentioned as the game featured the worst handling vehicles in gaming history. The gunplay wasn't much better as enemies were absolute bullet sponges. They'll have to greatly improve the actual gameplay in part 2 before I consider buying it. 

Edited by Killbomb

15 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Deadly Premonition would have been a lot better as a movie or Telltale-style because the gameplay was horrendous. I see the driving was already mentioned as the game featured the worst handling vehicles in gaming history. The gunplay wasn't much better as enemies were absolute bullet sponges. They'll have to greatly improve the actual gameplay in part 2 before I consider buying it. 

That was part of the charm. Make the game mechanics flawless and it ruin a lot of the cheese factor.