NG+ coming September 13th & 2 new difficulties. Also adds multiple new trophies.

ObsceneSociopath

26 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

As much as I enjoyed Days Gone, I'm so glad I waited to do my Survival playthrough now, I figured with the games popularity it would be a forgone conclusion that they would add NG+ & new trophies with it.

Thanks for linking this, i'm in exactly the same position as you. I was holding out hope for a NG+! Can't wait to get back into this as I loved it first time around

• Like 2

Just now, LazyJournalist said:

My bad, not everyone, of course. But if you follow Bend Studio on Twitter or Facebook, almost every second request they got in every tweet/post was about NG+. Also, it was obvious they would add NG because of patches you can receive in Challenge mode. 

My personal take is: I don't mind in the least that NG+ is added. That's a feature that should be on most, if not ALL, games with character progressions.

My issue is the cynical, "We've added additional trophies for this experience, as well as these new difficulties, because...reasons". I imagine that this is the source of the complaints you'll find here. I haven't played this particular game, but I've played enough to know that the NG+ trophy is a pretty annoying development (particularly when it comes as a later patch).

• Like 2

I've whinged about this over on PushSquare, but I've become sick of this constant updating.  I don't think I've seen any other game in my library that has had so many HUGE patches.  Whilst I appreciate the 'added content' and I've harped on about this before, but as someone in the minority who still has standard ADSL broadband because of the area I live in, getting 12-18GB patches every damn week has put me off playing the game, and I noted another one last night.

As a side note, this addition of extra difficulties is just the laziest content I have seen in a long time. I'd argue that it isn't even content, it's just yet another mode for the same thing for the sake of another trophy. This stuff should be in the base game, not an after thought wrapped in 'additional content' paper.  Unless this spate of enormous updates ceases, I will likely never pick this game up again.

• Like 3

I love Days Gone. It's a fantastic game in my opinion. However. Doing 3 or more complete play through is a bit too much. Who has time for all that? Seriously. If you don't have school, you work. Or, go to college and have a part time or full time job. They seem to be taking the fun out of it. How about new story line DLC? They could have episodes or something about Sarah. Or Boozer. Why require so many play through? That's currently what I am doing on Man of Medan, and am sick to death of it. After a while it is no longer fun or challenging. It becomes repetitive, old, and boring. Do they not have any any new ideas at all? Except continual play through? I'll pass on that

28 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

My bad, not everyone, of course. But if you follow Bend Studio on Twitter or Facebook, almost every second request they got in every tweet/post was about NG+. Also, it was obvious they would add NG because of patches you can receive in Challenge mode. 

And Yes, people asked for new game + NOT multiple difficulties to play through

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 2

Same here. At this point, I no longer care about the 100% completion if it depends or multiple play through. I just think they could have done so much more. Like have a story line about Sarah, Boozer, the camps etc. It does not need to be a challenge or a new play through. Add on something to the actual story. Or, have a play through of a different section/map as O'Brian. Instead of a new challenge every week, add a new character back story. Something. Such wasted potential.

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 2