ObsceneSociopath

NG+ coming September 13th & 2 new difficulties. Also adds multiple new trophies.

129 posts in this topic

Anyone know what Hard II and Survival II even means? Just harder modes for Fast Travel enabled and disabled? Should still be a breeze, I was thinking of another playthrough after the Challenges anyways. Pretty sure the new Trophies will stack, just like Horizon Zero Dawn's New Game Plus / Ultra Hard.

Also you have to complete the main storyline, then find your rings, to complete "I'm Never Giving Up", to access New Game Plus. 

36 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Anyone know what Hard II and Survival II even means? Just harder modes for Fast Travel enabled and disabled? Should still be a breeze, I was thinking of another playthrough after the Challenges anyways. Pretty sure the new Trophies will stack, just like Horizon Zero Dawn's New Game Plus / Ultra Hard.

Also you have to complete the main storyline, then find your rings, to complete "I'm Never Giving Up", to access New Game Plus. 

I don't think they have clarified. Lazy Journalist reached out to them on twitter and they answered his question, so you may have some luck if you go that route. I figure they are going to make it a one shot kinda thing. With only 2 or 3 hits on survival they will likely just bring that down to 1 or 2. Maybe tweak the inventory so you cant carry as many bullets or crafting gear. Like you said it should not be to bad unless they go absolutely insane with adding changes, even with one shot kills it wont be awful. 

It’s still a great game, I just wish they would’ve expanded on the story or something different instead of turning up the difficulty on the same old stuff. JMO

I've already done 2 playthroughs, not in a hurry to do another, but will do in the future. I just want to finish the challenges for now and that's it. I would also prefer if they added extra story content instead of extra difficulties.

Times like this make me glad I have unobtainable trophies so I'll never have 100% completion and don't have to worry about replaying games I don't really want to just for some DLC trophies. 

i enjoy trophy hunting, but seeing all this whining in this thread really makes me glad i dont give a fuck about completion percentage. days gone was just an OK game. id never play through that game possibly 3 more times just for a couple trophies.

So did I get this right? These new difficulties don't stack? So I have to play it first on Survival, then on Survival II and then on Hard II? Is that correct?

I haven't started the game yet and if that is correct I'm not gonna start at all.

2 hours ago, Berenwulf said:

So did I get this right? These new difficulties don't stack? So I have to play it first on Survival, then on Survival II and then on Hard II? Is that correct?

I haven't started the game yet and if that is correct I'm not gonna start at all.

According to someone on reddit who had a game journalist ask Bend on this

the answer was that there's only 1 new trophy tied to the new 2 difficulties.

This means there's a possibility that you can choose between Hard2 or Survival2 and get the new difficulty trophy.

As for the specs, Hard2 seems to be a harder Hard mode where you still have UI and mini-map available all the time.

47 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

This means there's a possibility that you can choose between Hard2 or Survival2 and get the new difficulty trophy.

As for the specs, Hard2 seems to be a harder Hard mode where you still have UI and mini-map available all the time.

I haven't started Survival 1 yet (was waiting on NG+ cause it was obvious they'd add it eventually) so fingers crossed playing Survival 2 will unlock both trophies! 

2 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

If this is the case, then it's not a big problem.  Most of us will be super OP once the update arrives and all we have to do is a speed run. 

13 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

This is ridiculous.

Want NG+999? Sure.

Don't tie the [email protected] thing to trophies.

There was a game developed by Tri-Ace, Valkyrie Profile 2, where if you beat the game more times, a crystal would appear on the title screen. Beat the game 50 times, and (I think) it maxed out.

We should have trophies for that!

People not playing a game because they don't like the Trophies or have to actually play the game is absurd. Play through the game for the game, no one's forcing anyone to do the extra stuff.

I think what some of us here who are saying “just play the game” or “don’t worry about the trophies” are missing a critical point for those who are serious trophy hunters or completionists. And that is: a big portion of this community do care about such things and tend to gravitate to sites and forums such as here to express concern/worry on newly released trophies and requirements for unlocking. I’m in the camp that I do care about my completion percentage and profile but I also understand the joy of just playing games for no concern about achievements and difficulty levels. It’s human nature to commiserate and grip but it’s harmless. :) Keep huntin’ all. 

2 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

I think what some of us here who are saying “just play the game” or “don’t worry about the trophies” are missing a critical point for those who are serious trophy hunters or completionists. And that is: a big portion of this community do care about such things and tend to gravitate to sites and forums such as here to express concern/worry on newly released trophies and requirements for unlocking. I’m in the camp that I do care about my completion percentage and profile but I also understand the joy of just playing games for no concern about achievements and difficulty levels. It’s human nature to commiserate and grip but it’s harmless. :) Keep huntin’ all. 

Exactly this 100%

6 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

I aim for 100% and Platinum on games I play, I'm saying don't play a game because the Trophies will take too long is ridiculous. There's a lot of Great games that have over the top Trophies. 

I don’t think any normal player would play these new modes after completing the game to be honest, specially since there is not even anything special or different on them, just different values and disabled tools.

There is not even any reward aside from the trophies, so, I can bet only us who care about trophies would care enough to take part on their new modes.

This is unexpected. Putting in NG+ so late doesn't really make sense to me.

I never missed NG+ for my Survival run, because Survival just isn't very difficult.

If you would have had NG+ it would have been way to easy, almost pointless.

I am curious how difficult this new survival difficulty will be ... if you can use NG+ and the patches from the challenges ... well, they really have to go to extremes with what they throw at you.

I will give it a try, because, believe it or not, after I finshed my "lean" survival run (skipping everything you could skip), I went back to it again and again and completed everything (again), including all hordes, infestations, side missions.... just because I enjoyed it.

Also, since I am really annoyed by some of the challenges, I stopped going for gold in those, which means that I will probably not get the Gold team rules trophy and the 100% anyway. So, if it is no fun to do it again, I will just stop.

And continue to hope for some really new content.

It seems there are taking the idea, from the last of us mode ground mode plus.  Also, do you think the difficulties will stack if you beat it on survival mode 2?

25 minutes ago, CrimsonWarrior90 said:

It seems there are taking the idea, from the last of us mode ground mode plus.  Also, do you think the difficulties will stack if you beat it on survival mode 2?

It seems the trophy will be to beat either of the new difficulties and DING! 

If this is truly the case then I'll speed run hard 2 (new diff sound dumb btw) and be done with this crap.  Love the game (8-9/10) but I'm fed up of it. I say Yes to new story content and sequels tho. 

6 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Ah good.

Now I wonder if running Hard2/Survival2 will also net you the Survival1 trophy difficulty

Me too. Hope so

I appreciate that bend studios are dishing out free content, but they're sort of going backwards with it. New Game plus should of been made available alongside the first Survival difficulty or not at all. Why you have to bring in two more difficulties baffles me. The core of the game isn't rapidly going to change, this isn't an RPG. 

If they were to add in extra story content for free then I'd be praising that. But this isn't even getting creative, it's just re hashing content that already exists and slapping a few trophies on it. 

Uhhhh I'm all Days gone out. 

1 hour ago, KryptonKronos said:

I appreciate that bend studios are dishing out free content, but they're sort of going backwards with it. New Game plus should of been made available alongside the first Survival difficulty or not at all. Why you have to bring in two more difficulties baffles me. The core of the game isn't rapidly going to change, this isn't an RPG. 

If they were to add in extra story content for free then I'd be praising that. But this isn't even getting creative, it's just re hashing content that already exists and slapping a few trophies on it. 

Uhhhh I'm all Days gone out. 

I'm 100% with you. People here acting like Bend are the second coming of Jesus because they added "free content" are mental. It's not content, it's a trophy for playing a game you already played.

If this shit was happening 10 years ago people would be losing their minds.