Fairy Tail RPG announced for PS4

TugaSonic

FAIRY TAIL will be available in 2020 on the PS4. Demons, dark wizards, dragons, and cats – players will find it all as they start your journey in the land of Fiore. In FAIRY TAIL, wizards play through the adventures of Natsu Dragneel and Lucy Heartfilia, as well as other eccentric members of the FAIRY TAIL mage guild, on a fun-filled and thrilling quest. GUST Studios is creating the game under the supervision of author Hiro Mashima, promising a faithful recreation for the FAIRY TAIL world and its unusual inhabitants; including everything from magic to its iconic characters. More information about the game’s release will be revealed next week at Tokyo Game Show 2019!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Is that so... I want see on your profile every single Atelier platinum and you must begin now! (you can skip Lulua don't worry :awesome:)

i really do need to get back to my gust backlog tbh, ive got so many sitting on my shelf

1 hour ago, TugaSonic said:

I enjoyed the manga (though, it didn't really get good until the end, since the MCs always win every battle...), still need to see the anime, but I'll be keeping an eye on this. If the game isn't too grindy or demanding, and isn't primarily online-focused, I'll possibly get it. That said, I really wish they'd release a new Bleach game. That series is really underrated. Hopefully this doesn't lead into gimmicky games, like having a Souma-based game all about cooking. 

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

I know nothing about Fairy Tail but anything with Gusts name on it is an instant buy for me tbh

Let me sum it up: Dragons, wizards, zodiac keys, the usual Naruto/Sasuke protagonists (not wholly Natsu/Grey's personalities, just the personas, considering other series like Black Clover), immortal villain who can't find love, elemental powers, parallel universe, hundreds of instant armors, protagonists never losing, time skips, and wizarding tournaments. I need to get back into the series with the sequel manga having come out, but it's a decently, fun read, though the ending was a pretty interesting twist, considering Natsu's full name. 

12 minutes ago, sasu_naru said:

FINALLY - Fairy Tail is getting some love!! 

Most likely because of the recent 100 Years Quest sequel to the manga. No other reason I can think of, considering how long the series has been out with no mainstream game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Happy to see its not just another generic anime brawler!

Will be interesting if it goes through the whole series, or if it stops at the island where the time skip happens, so they can release a sequel. Or maybe this is an original game where you can choose to be a Dragon Slayer or to use the zodiac keys. 

6 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Will be interesting if it goes through the whole series, or if it stops at the island where the time skip happens, so they can release a sequel. Or maybe this is an original game where you can choose to be a Dragon Slayer or to use the zodiac keys. 

If it follows the main story it should go after the time skip considering the trailer shows the guild as a wooden house and Lucy using Uranus Metria with Gemini that, from what I remember, the first time it happens is during the tournament.

Also for those that don't know GUST are the developers of the Atelier series.

• Like 2

Looks pretty interesting, so I will keep this game on my radar and look forward to seeing more of it down the road (especially gameplay video).

That reminds me....I really need to go back and start watching Fairy Tail again (it's been nearly ten months since I last watched the original series, the last episode that I watched was midway through the "Tower of Heaven" arc featuring Erza's backstory).

Wow, I seriously forgot that Fairy Tail is even a thing. Stopped watching the anime years ago but this might be a good reason to revisit it. I just really hope that it's not a traditional JRPG style, although looking at the trailer that might be the case :( 

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

i really do need to get back to my gust backlog tbh, ive got so many sitting on my shelf

Haha, a good stuff in my opinion is that the majority of Gust game can be done in 60 hours, so it's a good extra when you wanna get the platinum (: you can get 4 Atelier platinum in a month or maybe 5 if you are fast.

• Like 1