[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

@HusKy Hi, thanks for the recent update with tags and previously adding ascending/descending options for sorting backlog list. I would like to suggest a little improvement for that. Currently backlog doesn’t save sorting options and every time it is reopened the games in list are sorted by date added in descending order. Could you make a checkbox in settings menu for backlog to remember last used sorting options and order instead?

Another suggestion for consideration is about tags. How do you feel about adding country flag based tags for easy visual detection of games from different region accounts? So instead of using bunch of text tags with account or country names / codes (like US, GB, JP, HK, AU, DE, etc) which aren’t even visible in the list until you click Manage Tags button, we’ll be able to assign (with the option to pre-select our default country, like "@"-tags) and then see at a glance which game in backlog is from what region account, similar to PS+ tag. Something like that mockup:

psnp-backlog-country-flags-mockup.png

Hey everyone, just letting you know my laptop is back (with a brand new screen ?) and I have resumed my work on PSNP+. I have already added 4 new small additions and I will push out a new update this week.

@Se7en My logic here was that none of the lists at PSNP persist their ordering/filtering etc. (it's part of URL params though). If I do this, I would have to be very mindful to not break your persisted backlog filter settings and it involves a lot more code than expected. I will think about it though :)

Country flags are most likely not gonna happen. If you want to filter by account, I would suggest using your account names as tags. You can't tell which game is which account right away but you can use tag filter for that and that's only 2 clicks.

• Like 4

@HusKy the tag system is a great addition, thank you. Makes it a lot easier to figure out which games I have yet to buy DLC for, amongst other things! I have a question, will the tags that I have applied to my backlog save when I export my data? And also a heads up, if you search your backlog with caps locks set to on it will give no results. Looking forward to the next update!

10 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

@HusKy the tag system is a great addition, thank you. Makes it a lot easier to figure out which games I have yet to buy DLC for, amongst other things! I have a question, will the tags that I have applied to my backlog save when I export my data? And also a heads up, if you search your backlog with caps locks set to on it will give no results. Looking forward to the next update!

Yep, all of your data, including tags, is part of the export file. You can open the .json file in any text editor (e.g. Notepad.exe on Windows) and see for yourself as it's human-readable. And thanks for letting me know, it was a small oversight and will be fixed in the next update.

edit. Seems like @Sly Ripper finally added some new changes to PSNP. Support for "VR platform" will be available in the next PSNP+ update this week.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

@HusKy when you check 'Automatically remove started games' the backlog script itself no longer loads in the profile page (between profile and trophy log). Un-checking this returns the backlog as normal though. 

Thanks for the report, fixed in v1.12 :)

edit. This is not my day apparently. Had to fix a small issue with "date added" property. Available in v1.13.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Just a little preview of what's coming (probably) next week. I have improved data scraping for backlog items so there will be even more info in the backlog table:

And there's one more thing which I will talk about later. :) Person who can guess correctly from the picture gets cookie. :D 1f36a.png

Very cool, as always. Especially the part where you didn't leave any games behind :)

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Just a little preview of what's coming (probably) next week. I have improved data scraping for backlog items so there will be even more info in the backlog table:

XhVjVVy.png

- added completion rates

- added "guide" icon for games that have guide available

- ordering by completion rate

And there's one more thing which I will talk about later. :) Person who can guess correctly from the picture gets cookie. :D 1f36a.png

Very nice updates, Husky. Thank you for your efforts here and sharing with the community. 

One feature I thought may be nice, but you may have included here with the price tag icon, is to link to psprices so that folks can see what the cost of the item is and when it has historically been on sale. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mekktor said:

Very cool, as always. Especially the part where you didn't leave any games behind :)

You get a ?

23 hours ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

Very nice updates, Husky. Thank you for your efforts here and sharing with the community. 

One feature I thought may be nice, but you may have included here with the price tag icon, is to link to psprices so that folks can see what the cost of the item is and when it has historically been on sale. 

9 hours ago, Helyx said:

Integration for PSprices (or direct PS store) would be a great addition.

Integration with other services is possible and I would like to do something like that in the future.

22 hours ago, ZenRhino said:

@HusKy

Wow...just downloaded this for the first time and I must say it's very useful.

Thanks very much!

15 hours ago, ZoutjeNL said:

Awesome little update! Love the percentages added and the little guide symbol. 

I'm glad you guys like it :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Varhur said:

I'm not getting any info about new update avaiability, was it released yet or nah?

As per my post: "Just a little preview of what's coming (probably) next week."

@Arcesius is testing it right now. :)

Edited by HusKy

53 minutes ago, HusKy said:

As per my post: "Just a little preview of what's coming (probably) next week."

@Arcesius is testing it right now. :)

First things first, thank you for everything you've done, this feature really helps me sorting my backlog and stuff, it's very helpful.

Speaking of updating, when you release a new version, how do I get the update? I ask this because normally it updates automatically, but sometimes the update gets delayed for some reason and I don't understand why, meaning that if you release for example v1.13, I'm stuck at v1.10 for a while and then it updates.

Pretty sure it's a problem of my browser (using Firefox btw), but I thought I'd ask anyway.

1 hour ago, KN_Kirai said:

First things first, thank you for everything you've done, this feature really helps me sorting my backlog and stuff, it's very helpful.

Speaking of updating, when you release a new version, how do I get the update? I ask this because normally it updates automatically, but sometimes the update gets delayed for some reason and I don't understand why, meaning that if you release for example v1.13, I'm stuck at v1.10 for a while and then it updates.

Pretty sure it's a problem of my browser (using Firefox btw), but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'm not sure what's Tampermonkey's update check schedule to be honest, but you can also force it to check for updates manually.

"Check for userscript updates" will update the script right away:

wxdyT5T.png

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

I'm not sure what's Tampermonkey's update check schedule to be honest, but you can also force it to check for updates manually.

"Check for userscript updates" will update the script right away:

wxdyT5T.png

Oh I see, I'll try it on the next update, thanks! ?