[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

14 minutes ago, Varhur said:

How do i use price tags? Those visible on Metro and Sonic Racing.

Those are just tags. First you define tags in PSNP+ settings and then you can assign them to your backlog items.

See this post: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/78709-psnp-improved-psnp-backlog-and-more/?page=7#comment-1929010

9 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Sorting by completion rate is quite possibly the best thing ever. Does it extend beyond the backlog (to our standard profiles)?

Currently only backlog but I suppose it could be back-ported to games list if I add ability to load complete games lists in profiles.

• Like 2

I went ahead and added all the EU PS+ games, at least as best as I could find. I figure since there's a lot of overlap with people having these games I might as well share it here in case anyone wants to get a head start on their backlog. I think it's a lot easier to remove any games you don't have rather than searching and adding the games you do have. I used tags to indicate when games were only available in certain countries. And I changed the date added to the date they hit PS+, because why not.

Here's the JSON file that can be imported into PSNP+ (click on download). Just a heads up not to do this without backing up any existing backlog you have or it will be lost. If anyone actually wants to give it a go or try to combine this with their existing backlog feel free to ask how to go about it.

Edited by mekktor
Updated JSON file
  • Like 4

@mekktor Great work on that PS+ JSON. Just a few things to correct/add:

• Resident Evil 5 (10th October 2012) should be for PS3, not PS4
  • Pinball Arcade (23rd January 2013) is cross-buy title, so PS+ subscribers were able to get the game for both PS Vita (included in JSON) and PS3 (missing)
  • Virtue's Last Reward (10th April 2013) should be EU list, not NA

Haven’t checked years 2014–2019 yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

@mekktor Great work on that PS+ JSON. Just a few things to correct/add:

• Resident Evil 5 (10th October 2012) should be for PS3, not PS4
  • Pinball Arcade (23rd January 2013) is cross-buy title, so PS+ subscribers were able to get the game for both PS Vita (included in JSON) and PS3 (missing)
  • Virtue's Last Reward (10th April 2013) should be EU list, not NA

Haven’t checked years 2014–2019 yet.

Thanks for that! You have an eagle eye apparently :)

I'm sure there will be plenty more mistakes with 600+ chances to mess up. If you do find anything else, let me know and I'll update the JSON file.

Amazing quality update as always. Thanks again for your work. Looking forward to the next update! One small thing I like to see (I am probably in the minority) but I just bring it up anyway. I like that you can sort by completion rate however I would like to see one where its sorted for 100% games aswell (if this is possible somehow) I am a completionist so I like to look at the percentage of the 100% games, if not its not a big deal I like it the way it is but wouldn't mind an option. 

Edited by ZoutjeNL
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ZoutjeNL said:

Amazing quality update as always. Thanks again for your work. Looking forward to the next update! One small thing I like to see (I am probably in the minority) but I just bring it up anyway. I like that you can sort by completion rate however I would like to see one where its sorted for 100% games aswell (if this is possible somehow) I am a completionist so I like to look at the percentage of the 100% games, if not its not a big deal I like it the way it is but wouldn't mind an option. 

Yes, this is actually how I implemented it but then I talked with @Arcesius and the order looked often completely off, e.g. Overcooked 2 was "ultra rare" and very high in the list when in fact it's an easy game with Platinum rate at 22%. I will just add a second order option which will support this ordering style. :)

• Like 1

On 16.11.2019 at 5:47 AM, mekktor said:

Thanks for that! You have an eagle eye apparently :)

I'm sure there will be plenty more mistakes with 600+ chances to mess up. If you do find anything else, let me know and I'll update the JSON file.

Fortunately, you’ve done very thorough job :) Just one more thing: Don't Starve (8th January 2014) is yet another cross-buy title. Although PS Vita (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2862-dont-starve) and PS3 (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3843-dont-starve) editions were added to PSN much later than PS4 edition was available to subscribers, those with PS+ Don't Starve in their library were able – don’t really know if they still are – to get these stacks free of charge as well.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 10:50 AM, HusKy said:

Yes, this is actually how I implemented it but then I talked with @Arcesius and the order looked often completely off, e.g. Overcooked 2 was "ultra rare" and very high in the list when in fact it's an easy game with Platinum rate at 22%. I will just add a second order option which will support this ordering style. :)

That's an even better example than mine ? For me it was Alienation (6.82% / 2.15%) and Enter the Gungeon (4.42% / 1.53%), but sure, there are more extreme examples... Look at Final Fantasy XV... Platinum rarity: 28.98% but 100% rarity: 0.39%... Seriously?? ?

To be fair, I also understand @ZoutjeNL's point. Personally, I also think that DLC is a crucial part of a game, a game is not complete if the DLC has been ignored. But most players don't think that way, and that naturally causes 100% rates to be very low in most cases. Maybe it would indeed be best to have both options available :) 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

On 19/11/2019 at 2:10 PM, Se7en said:

Fortunately, you’ve done very thorough job :) Just one more thing: Don't Starve (8th January 2014) is yet another cross-buy title. Although PS Vita (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2862-dont-starve) and PS3 (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3843-dont-starve) editions were added to PSN much later than PS4 edition was available to subscribers, those with PS+ Don't Starve in their library were able – don’t really know if they still are – to get these stacks free of charge as well.

Thanks for the info once again. I added your corrections to the JSON file

On 16/11/2019 at 11:59 PM, ZoutjeNL said:

I think sorting the backlog by base game completion percentage is useful because it lets you get a sense of the effort required to finish those games, and maybe some inspiration for which game to start next. The 100% completion stat though is more just an indication of how many people were willing to buy all the DLC. Why would you even want to sort by that? That's not to say I'm against people getting the option. I'm just curious what you get from it.

I think it would be good to be able to sort non-plat games by their base game completion, as an equivalent to using the plat percentage for games with a plat. It looks like that stat doesn't even exist on PSNP though?

• Like 1

On 20/11/2019 at 9:29 AM, DynaVita said:

Thanks a lot @HusKy for this amazing script !

Thanks a lot @mekktor for the ps plus json file !

Would it be possible to use guides information to have the difficulty note (ex : 3/10) and the completion time (ex : 20 hours)

The goal is to be able to sort games by difficulty, and then by completion time. 

I guess it would be possible but not planned for now. Some games have multiple guides and it would slow down the scraper significantly.

9 hours ago, BlackJudas said:

Any chance you have looked into the gaming sessions system at all @HusKy?  Would love to know if you have any future plans to fix or implement all of the suggestions others have asked for, for years?

Which feature would you like to be added? I think someone mentioned hiding active sessions for games that are 100% done.

Thanks for your answer @HusKy 

I thought about a button in the setting menu for example, to find the difficulty note and completion time.

It can be done only once per game, and a button to force finding for new guides or modification.

But, it would be easier if psnprofiles has already this built-in.

9 hours ago, HusKy said:

Which feature would you like to be added? I think someone mentioned hiding active sessions for games that are 100% done.

There are a few, but I'm sure they'll escape me now.

1. Default to all games, listing only sessions for games you've got on your list is brain-dead beacuse in most cases (I assume) people have finished their MP trophies for their games.

2. Allow filtering by platform, this is the biggest PITA ever.  If a game is released on both PS4 and PS3, it infuriates me to find a session and then realize it's for the wrong platform.

3. Hide games you've 100%'ed yep, and possibly by setting a tag, filter by those...

This would make this feature awesome and it's all so simple.  I'm sure I'm missing a few other things at this point.

• Like 1

On 21.11.2019 at 0:31 PM, HusKy said:

Speaking of gaming sessions, would you add to Backlog and to Profile sections icon + link for each individual game sessions (e.g., https://psnprofiles.com/sessions/3147-grand-theft-auto-v for GTA V, https://psnprofiles.com/sessions/8370-red-dead-redemption-2 for RDR 2, etc), just like you did for trophy guides in Backlog? Maybe even show the number of upcoming sessions if it’s possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

Speaking of gaming sessions, would you add to Backlog and to Profile sections icon + link for each individual game sessions (e.g., https://psnprofiles.com/sessions/3147-grand-theft-auto-v for GTA V, https://psnprofiles.com/sessions/8370-red-dead-redemption-2 for RDR 2, etc), just like you did for trophy guides in Backlog? Maybe even show the number of upcoming sessions if it’s possible.

That would me more intensive than I think anyone would like to hit the site.  It would need to scrape the whole result set and search for the one ID of the game over and over in that set.  I can't speak for @HusKy but my opinion would be that it would be too much for the script to request from the site.

Edited by BlackJudas
Can't grammeur

Well, the links themselves are permanent and consist of game ID and title, there is no need to scrape that information from site over and over.

The number of upcoming sessions is another thing though. I suppose it might be updated not in real time but on the same principle as checking trophy guides availability works right now. Or might not be shown at all, if it was still too much to hit the site.

Right, it's the dynamic result set that the site creates.  When you load your backlog, unless you want outdated data all the time, it would have to roll through your backlog and query the "sessions" result for any entries for that game.  Then, rinse and repeat for each and every entry.  I think @Sly Ripper would have a cow.

Well, unless caching is used extensively, but even then, that risks your list being inaccurate.

8 minutes ago, BlackJudas said:

Right, it's the dynamic result set that the site creates.  When you load your backlog, unless you want outdated data all the time, it would have to roll through your backlog and query the "sessions" result for any entries for that game.  Then, rinse and repeat for each and every entry.  I think @Sly Ripper would have a cow.

Well, unless caching is used extensively, but even then, that risks your list being inaccurate.

Could it be done with one check of https://psnprofiles.com/sessions?all and a bit of user-side magic each time you load the backlog?

@HusKy How about a "Backlog Games" filter that displays only your backlog games on the above page?

@HusKy, my sincerest thanks to you for your efforts here.  The backlog feature is one that I've wanted since I found this site in early 2016.  I suggested it in the forums at the time and it was pooped on.  Your implementation of it is dang near ideal.  I've populated it with my entire 513 game backlog and added tags for DLC Not Owned, Vita Trick Required, and Servers Down to allow me to quickly see those 86 games with tags in my backlog aren't worth starting.  The sort features in the backlog are great too!

I have one ostensibly simple request.  Can you add the 'Backlog' item to the drop-down menu in the top right?  Right now, I can quickly navigate to PSNP+ Settings from the menu, but not the backlog.  This is just a minor quality of life improvement that would allow me to navigate directly to my backlog from anywhere on the site vice having to visit my profile page first.  Thank you for your consideration.

• Like 2

Hey everyone, sorry for being inactive last week or so. I was away on vacation for couple days and then I caught some bug or something and I didn't feel too good and also I had a lot going on at work so I did not work on PSNP+. Nonetheless I have done some very small changes and these will be released later this week - nothing major though. Just some small QoL improvements.

I will properly reply to your comments later. :)

• Like 3